I Never Thougt I'd Post Sth Like This Haha

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
People seem either Clueless or just not Interested in Responding... unfortunate, could some of you atleast take the Time and Respond to the Questions under my Pictures
would be much appreciated

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
WIthout starting something else you will very likely not improve anymore at all, in fact you will likely start to slowly deteriorate . A year after starting regaine and you should be at your best it can get you to. The other supplements have negligible effect.

If minoxidil did help you a bit don't stop it regardless of starting finasteride.

Starting finasteride is more likely just going to help you keep what you have rather than grow back hair on your temples.

Lifting will have almost no affect on your hair. Yes it can cause slight increases in T but so can many things and likely your average T isn't changed significantly enough to make a noticeable difference. And no current studies suggests it has any impact on your hair.

B

Bernard Yong

Your hair looks pretty healthy, and there isn't sufficient recession for any cause of concern. I would advise against taking something like Propecia at this early stage.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Bryan lee...your user name certainly doesn't sound middle eastern

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can DEFINITELY grow your hair back. You are doing it at the right time.

Just ADD Finasteride (one milligram, don't go over that). Use foam twice daily (5%).

You'll be seeing your hair regrow in no time! You'll probably make a FULL recovery to. Your hair
isn't that far gone.

Don't wait.
Thanks for ur Response D: you mean ADD and not drop everything and just go on Finasteride ? Is there sth that Minoxidil does to ur Hair that Finasteride cant?thanks for ur time

B

Bernard Yong

But shouldnt It be taken especially AT those early Stages, where there is still thin hair that u can work on getting thick again? Are U advising me to wait till its all gone and then try Propecia ? Im not sure if thats how it works but neither am i being sarcastic, I appreciate ur response and thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

No worries, I don't think you're being sarcastic :) It's just that I'm mindful of the side effects of Propecia, coming from a previous user myself.

There are other ways to inhibit DHT, other than Propecia. There are some other products highlighted in Hairlosstalk which could work better, without the side effects.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries, I don't think you're being sarcastic :) It's just that I'm mindful of the side effects of Propecia, coming from a previous user myself.

There are other ways to inhibit DHT, other than Propecia. There are some other products highlighted in Hairlosstalk which could work better, without the side effects.
Im rather looking for Finasteride not especially Propecia , Im fully aware of the Side-effects but none of those are crucial enough to scare me away from it unless theyr making a Huge Impact on my daily life (which ill be able to tell once im on it) , I will look into those other products U mentioned in the Forum, hopefully i find them and thanks for ur Response once again

Oncall

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take the meds as people on here are saying. Your hairline is maturing form a 16 year old to that of an adult. Stick with the meds and give it a year before making any premature judgements. A hair transplant (FUE/FUT) will only leave you with scars in your donor area and you could ptentially ruin your hairline. Save those grafts for if/when you decide to do something later on in life.
Please trust what I am saying. It's always better to learn from the mistakes of others. Not from your own! At 18 I had two procedures to lower my hairline that I would give anything to take back!!! I just turned 50 years old and I have been wearing a wig for the past 25 years to hide the scars!!! That's the path you're most likely looking at if you have any surgery at this stage! All the best.
Regards,
Oncall.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bryan where do you apply your minoxidil ? just on hairline or everywhere on your head ?
you use liquid minoxidil or foam ?

anyway i would strongly advice to add propecia if you are conerned about your hair , maybe it will work fine and you could forget about your hair and live a great life .

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take the meds as people on here are saying. Your hairline is maturing form a 16 year old to that of an adult. Stick with the meds and give it a year before making any premature judgements. A hair transplant (FUE/FUT) will only leave you with scars in your donor area and you could ptentially ruin your hairline. Save those grafts for if/when you decide to do something later on in life.
Please trust what I am saying. It's always better to learn from the mistakes of others. Not from your own! At 18 I had two procedures to lower my hairline that I would give anything to take back!!! I just turned 50 years old and I have been wearing a wig for the past 25 years to hide the scars!!! That's the path you're most likely looking at if you have any surgery at this stage! All the best.
Regards,
Oncall.
Ive never Considered a Hair Transplant to be Honest but thanks for the Advise D: I will add Propecia i guess

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bryan where do you apply your minoxidil ? just on hairline or everywhere on your head ?
you use liquid minoxidil or foam ?

anyway i would strongly advice to add propecia if you are conerned about your hair , maybe it will work fine and you could forget about your hair and live a great life .
I will Add Propecia I just use it on the Red Circled Spots not anywhere else , I use 5% Foam ^^

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Listen to me. I'll tell you exactly what to do. Get on finasteride asap, but stagger the doses. The first week only take half a pill every third day. The next week take half a pill every other day. The following week take half a pill every day. After that, replace one of the half pills with a whole pill every week until you're taking the full dose. This will give your body plenty of time to acclimate to the hormonal change. You'll likely never regain what's in the red area, but, if you don't get on finasteride, you WILL lose the remainder in your particular pattern. And, rest assured, you are balding. Once it stabilizes, you can easily fill in the red areas and fill back in those temple points with a minor hair transplant. (I recommend Rahal) I know more about this sh*t than anyone posting on this thread. If you have any questions, just PM me. Good luck, brother.

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm half middle eastern and your hair is very similar to mine ten years ago. Almost uncanny, actually. If those red circles had hair growing on them before, you are probably receding.

Do you have any male relatives with hair loss? Not just your dad and brothers, but uncles or grandfathers too. Even cousins. If so, you should hop on finasteride immediately and continue using minoxidil. Biotin, saw palmetto, tumeric and so on will do nothing.

I wish I would have gotten on finasteride sooner. Good luck.

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to me. I'll tell you exactly what to do. Get on finasteride asap, but stagger the doses. The first week only take half a pill every third day. The next week take half a pill every other day. The following week take half a pill every day. After that, replace one of the half pills with a whole pill every week until you're taking the full dose. This will give your body plenty of time to acclimate to the hormonal change. You'll likely never regain what's in the red area, but, if you don't get on finasteride, you WILL lose the remainder in your particular pattern. And, rest assured, you are balding. Once it stabilizes, you can easily fill in the red areas and fill back in those temple points with a minor hair transplant. (I recommend Rahal) I know more about this sh*t than anyone posting on this thread. If you have any questions, just PM me. Good luck, brother.

This is good advice, but there is probably no need to ease into the full dosage. Thousands of men take finasteride with no side effects whatsoever. Best to not even think about it and take the full 1mg daily from the start.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm half middle eastern and your hair is very similar to mine ten years ago. Almost uncanny, actually. If those red circles had hair growing on them before, you are probably receding.

Do you have any male relatives with hair loss? Not just your dad and brothers, but uncles or grandfathers too. Even cousins. If so, you should hop on finasteride immediately and continue using minoxidil. Biotin, saw palmetto, tumeric and so on will do nothing.

I wish I would have gotten on finasteride sooner. Good luck.

It's from both sides.

Hair loss can be deceptive. First I lost my hair classic male Norwood. Receding.

Later in life, my vertex hair (and I finally got my hairline under control, but it's too
far gone when I did).

You just never know. It also depends on how much androgens a guy produces.

If a guy produces super high androgens, even if he is slightly genetically balding, and has
lots of DHT circulating in his body (much higher than average), he probably will go bald
faster. Stress adds to this to.

Don't think balding is from aging, as much as hormones play into it. Young guys bald in their
early twenties. And they have no signs of aging at all, other than balding.