I need to forget about hair loss

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
TAINTED-MEAT said:
Oh, and why do you feel bad about not being with a girl? There is NO worse feeling in the world than thinking you have an STD. I'd rather be bald than have an STD.

The problem is not that i don´t have a girlfriend. I could have had girlfriends, even very goodlooking ones. But due to my shyness, lack of social skills and general stupidity I fucked it up again and again and now with my hair loss showing up I have to face how much time I have waisted...... :cry:

So...

Stop wasting time! :D

Nothing is going to bring back that wasted time and dwelling on it constantly will not make your life any better.

Put yourself in a position in life where your hair means very little to you. If male pattern baldness has you by the balls, then its because you are spending too much time on superficial things that really do not matter.

I was feeling the exact same way you are feeling now a few months ago. It takes time and it will pass. One day rather soon you will wake up and actually laugh at how rediculous you used to feel about your hair.

G

I have to be honest with you guys. I started going bald at 17, and it was humiliating, to say the least. But I always knew I would never embarrass myself by falling for these stupid "Hair Systems"(do you realize how degrading that sounds?), or by glueing a rug to the top of my head! It's called a rug, guys, because it's made with the same fabric as carpeting. Look at your floor. Do you ever say "My floor has a full head of hair; in fact, my floor has surfer hair.")? Of course not! A hair system simply prolongs the humiliating process of becoming a bald man, while robbing you blind. I shaved my head at 22, and looked better than ever.Face the fact that there is no cure for baldness, as of now. No one cares if you are bald, but they'll laugh themselves silly over the fact that you've glued horsehair to the top of your dome.[/b]

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i doubt anyone here even remembers me, or was here when i was around except maybe cassin, and the gardener. just wanted to let you know that I was in this posters EXACT situation, lets see... i guess that was about a year and a half ago. i just got on propecia, started obsessing, it was all i thought about. one day, after about ten or eleven months of treatment, i realized, hey, this sh*t actually worked a little bit... i'm maintaining and i got a little back. my life changed. i started thinking about hair loss less and less, started to feel happier, and seriously now i joke with my parents and myself about how ridiculous i was back then. do i still think about hairloss? yeah, sometimes when its raining and i think my hair will look a little thin outside when its wet. but i find that if I just stand tall and don't look weird trying to fix my hair or touch it and feel it and just wear it proudly, whatever state its in, i just feel better. I seriously wear my hairloss now like a badge of honor. I want people to think, "hey that guys has got some hairloss, man he doesn't let it bother him at all, look how confident he still is" so i just keep rocking the finasteride, hoping for the best, and living out my life with a sense of joy i never knew until i hit rock bottom over a year ago.

hey, and with HM on the horizso on, i have a lot to look forward to. so f*** it, i only get to go around this crazy world once and god dammit, life is pretty sweet. hairloss is 99% now YOU perceive it, and 1% how others do.

best of luck to you my man, i know where you are at, because i was there. just wanted to let you know you can turn it around... give the meds time, time, time. and don't be hard on yourself. peace.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent said:
do i still think about hairloss? yeah, sometimes when its raining and i think my hair will look a little thin outside when its wet. but i find that if I just stand tall and don't look weird trying to fix my hair or touch it and feel it and just wear it proudly, whatever state its in, i just feel better.

Nice words Trent- I have been obsessing over my hairloss for the past 9 years which has denied me the pleasures of living my regular life for the lack of self confidence about the way I look. I cannot deny myself these pleasures that I have been missing out on anymore. I just continuing my treatments and hope for the best. Thanks-

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
At the moment I am getting mad, i am really getting mad. I simply want to die. I don´t want to live anymore with this f****ing hair loss. Hair loss is in my mind 24/7 there is nothing I can do about it. I spent the last hours in the bathroom taking pictures of my crown and controlling with two mirrors. The results are terrible, simply terrible. Within 2 weeks I have been thinning badly at my crown: Pic 1 was taken at day 5 of my treatment with finasteride, the second was taken a few minutes ago, about 2 weeks later. It is so shocking to see my so called "hair" like that." end quote.

WHAT HAIR LOSS??? I can't see anything but a normal crown and head of hair.
forget about what little hair you perceive you have lost and enjoy the looks and feel of having hair where it should be whilst its still there.

what the hell you going to be like if the whole lot ever goes south like mine?

ginald. written from #1wing of the nurse ratchett sanitorium. lol.

G

Oh, Trent. Aren't you brave and strong? Yeah, right. When people look at you, trust me, they're not saying to themselves "Look how confident that guy is with his impending baldness". Nope. You might call it propecia, whatever the hell kind of snake-oil that is, but to everyone else, you are wearing a dead squirl glued on the top of your chrome-dome. There is no cure for baldness, so stop kidding yourself. Propecia, minoxidol, Rogaine- or rather the more humiliating, and appropriate, term "Regain", are nothing but modern day toupees. Though of course they look about as modern as a Model-T. Be a real man, and truly accept being bald. Stop wearing a rug. When you wake up every day, look in the mirror and say:"I am bald. Bald. Bald. Bald. But I am too much of a man to be swindled by con artists selling man-wigs made out of dirty remnants of 1970s shag carpets!" Be truly gutsy, Trent. Be bald, strong, and proud. In other words, be a REAL man! Good Luck![/b]

Felk

Reaction score
dukshyboy said:
Oh, Trent. Aren't you brave and strong? Yeah, right. When people look at you, trust me, they're not saying to themselves "Look how confident that guy is with his impending baldness". Nope. You might call it propecia, whatever the hell kind of snake-oil that is, but to everyone else, you are wearing a dead squirl glued on the top of your chrome-dome. There is no cure for baldness, so stop kidding yourself. Propecia, minoxidol, Rogaine- or rather the more humiliating, and appropriate, term "Regain", are nothing but modern day toupees. Though of course they look about as modern as a Model-T. Be a real man, and truly accept being bald. Stop wearing a rug. When you wake up every day, look in the mirror and say:"I am bald. Bald. Bald. Bald. But I am too much of a man to be swindled by con artists selling man-wigs made out of dirty remnants of 1970s shag carpets!" Be truly gutsy, Trent. Be bald, strong, and proud. In other words, be a REAL man! Good Luck![/b]

On one hand you're giving people good advice in accepting themselves for who they are, but you really need to realise neither Propecia or Rogaine are snake oils, and they are certainly not any form of hair piece. I don't think many people here use hair pieces at all...

CCS

Reaction score
hey guys, I got a 1/3 scar on the back of my head. Biggest yet. You can imagine what my emotions were when I found that last night. I'm OK now. I'll figure something out.

criminalvoice

Reaction score
hey you must go out I think this is the only way to forget your hair loss..and also you can find a girlfirend also..just hangout with your friends.. if you see your scalp under day light .buy a concealer like toppik and use it..I do like that... hair is not equal to all your life and if you go out you ll see millions of bald men...just use your medicines and go out..

CCS

Reaction score
topik is much better for many small hairs than a few big ones. My friends get their own women. They don't hook me up.

I have seen many bald men. I spot them all even when they have hats on. The temples give it away. My eye is too good. Yeah, I'm not alone.

Hair is not my only problem. I'm a poor college student and don't have a car because I spent thousands on grafts so I would no longer be super bald. I'm also short. At least I'm in shape.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
College, my friend,
I really admire you, man, but you need to relax a bit.

I think your hair is great, and your whole persona would be so much better if you would just relax a bit.

So what you don't have a car?

You are in great shape, right? And I doubt you're that short. I bet you're probably just under 6ft..

Plus, you're going to a great school. I almost went to your university, and I know first-hand that it's a very social campus. You should get out there and socialize without social anxiety.

Think about all the great things you got going for you...

1) Your health... including your hair.

2) Your brain... I wish I had the math and chemical science skills you possess. You are destined to make changes in the way we see things. I'm sure if you work at it, you can have a lucrative job at NASA.

3) Not having a car can be a blessing... no fines, tickets, parking fees, insurance, maintenance, tires... Geez, the list goes on.

And you don't need your friends to hook you up with women. You need to get a grip on your anxiety. It's this anxiety that prevents many men from having the confidence to go talk to a girl.

I know you're a great guy, man. I just don't want to see you selling yourself short.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dukshyboy said:

i don't wear a toupee if that's what you're implying. when i was talking about fixing my hair, i was talking about my real hair. you know how when its pouring rain and you are sorta worried its not sitting right on your head, that's what i was talking about fixing. so as far as being a REAL man and wearing my hair proudly, that was precisely what i was doing. I don't wear toppik, i don't wear any concealers, (nothing against those who do, sometimes you have to do what you have to do) i just wear what i got with a little gel here and there to give me the style i want, so relax pal. anyway, just trying to give some of you newbies some hope because i thought about my hair constantly, daily, and became pretty depressed over it. but propecia has helped me maintain what I got, gave me a little back, and gave me just that little boost in confidence i needed to get my life back. give it time.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent do you use regular Propecia or do you get the finasteride from generics/Proscar?

G

Trent, I hate to tell you, but it's obvious from your post that you are still seriously trying to kid yourself. My guess is that you must be under 25, and you still are in a state of shock that your teen-age great hair days are literally down the drain. I'm 40, so I know that when you obviously are becoming a slick-bald shiny chrome-dome so early in life, you begin to grasp at hairs( all 27 of them)! If you need gel to style( and God only knows what kind ghastly "style" that might be) what's left of your hair, it's time to throw away the comb and accept the inevitable. You are rapidly becoming a bald man. There are no treatments that would fool even Stevie Wonder on a foggy, moonless night. I look pretty damn good with a good tan, square jaw, blue eyes, and perfect white teeth. Would I also like hair? Of course. But you must accept your fate- lifelong baldness- like a man, and concentrate on your good points. Part of growing up is accepting reality, not letting it crush you, and moving on. Good luck![/b]

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dukshyboy said:
Trent, I hate to tell you, but it's obvious from your post that you are still seriously trying to kid yourself. My guess is that you must be under 25, and you still are in a state of shock that your teen-age great hair days are literally down the drain. I'm 40, so I know that when you obviously are becoming a slick-bald shiny chrome-dome so early in life, you begin to grasp at hairs( all 27 of them)! If you need gel to style( and God only knows what kind ghastly "style" that might be) what's left of your hair, it's time to throw away the comb and accept the inevitable. You are rapidly becoming a bald man. There are no treatments that would fool even Stevie Wonder on a foggy, moonless night. I look pretty damn good with a good tan, square jaw, blue eyes, and perfect white teeth. Would I also like hair? Of course. But you must accept your fate- lifelong baldness- like a man, and concentrate on your good points. Part of growing up is accepting reality, not letting it crush you, and moving on. Good luck![/b]

i give up on you, you are obviously just hell-bent on the idea that my hair looks like sh*t and i'm not accepting it, and i'm secretly "letting it crush me." Seriously, i'm the happiest i've ever been in my life, i think just because i went through such a tough stage and got through it. I'm really not here to start an argument, just to give some hope to the newbies since the people on this site gave so much to me over the years. Oh, and just to clarify your predictions on my state, i'm actually 26 and i have basically a full head of hair thanks to propecia (regular propecia for that person that asked). There is a way to accept your hairloss, and still fight back. I'd like to think i'm one of those people. peace.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
it's great to read the debates raging on site.

its healthy and gives a good cross section of hairloss perspective.

trent-it's good news that your hairloss has stopped, however you will have to keep on "taking the medicine"....till maybe something better comes along.

its my guess though that whatever comes along in the future, the manufacturers are going to lock you in...i.e. no permanent fix ever....after all where's the money unless they can get repeat business from their customers?

in the meantime, we may know the short term side effects.....but what about the long term ones of all these drugs?

for every trent though there's going to be 4 or 5 others for whom 'the drugs dont work'.

for these, i say to you, get off the drugs and join the 'proud to be bald set'. at least you wont have any worries of long term sides.