I need to forget about hair loss

G

At the moment I am getting mad, i am really getting mad. I simply want to die. I don´t want to live anymore with this f*****g hair loss. Hair loss is in my mind 24/7 there is nothing I can do about it. I spent the last hours in the bathroom taking pictures of my crown and controlling with two mirrors. The results are terrible, simply terrible. Within 2 weeks I have been thinning badly at my crown: Pic 1 was taken at day 5 of my treatment with finasteride, the second was taken a few minutes ago, about 2 weeks later. It is so shocking to see my so called "hair" like that.

O9HVL.png

NTXN5.png

i don´t know what is going on. I was losing since late 2004 and only had some slightly receding hair line and diffuse thinning, but since I am on finasteride the male pattern baldness has accelerated rapidly. I think it is the stress. Stress usually is diffuse loss all over your head, but in my case I think it results in a more agressive MBP. It is so terrible. The scalp is even noticeable under normal daylight when you are a few metres away. I need to get my mind off this terrible hair loss sh*t since it makes everything worse. The constant checking of my hairline and so on.
But how do I force myself to think about something else? Believe it or not I have no friends, I don´t have someone to go out with and have fun. I have zero social skills. And yes, I have never had a girlfriend, I am a male virgin at the age of 24. I am truly ashamed of that and if one of you knew me I would never again leave my room. All the day I am sitting in my room fighting with my depressions and since the last weeks also with my hair loss. The only thing I am leaving my room (I am living with my mother.......) is for running a little bit which keeps me in shape. I do it almost daily, of course only when it´s dark so that nobody sees me. What else could I do I am feeling so bored (University doesn´t start until October)? In the end i am always thinking about my hair loss which of course results in even more lost hairs. Such a shitty situation. What do you do in order to not worry about hair loss???

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
get a oneline game for your computer.
download some movies (comedy preferably sick humour) or rent a dvd.
buy a bag of candy.
tap some warm water into a bowl and (add some oil and perfume).
and relax and put your feet in it.

you cant change anything ..your doing what you can already so ease up on yourself.
Give yourself a break.
Better times will come.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I get like that I make a conscious decision not to think about it - I put on a good CD, turn off the light and let the music rule. Or I watch a good DVD. Or I go to IMDB and leave some reviews of films I hate. Or read a book, or do something creative which presents its own problems. Anything...anything to get my mind away from my head and what's happening there.

It doesn't really work, but what else can you do?

Hair loss is not conducive to sex - I haven't been laid since this started and I don't expect to be in the near future.

You know what makes it worse? Once you've recognised it and decided to do a regimen, it's the waiting that's the killer. The waiting for results. The applications. The daily examinations with mirrors. Gets to be you're measuring your life by the cycle of your hair and your living slows down by that much.

I know where you're at, man.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is what I do....wear a hat...goto the gym and lift the heaviest and then look at my fuckin bulging muscles...I maybe losing hair but I am still fuckin better than that fat guy with all the hair in his head...

OTOH..your hair does not look bad...by the time you other will even start noticing balding...HM will be out...so relax

G

Thank you for your encouraging words, guys. Movies don´t work for me. Damn, I have basically all the new movies on my computer. Yes I downloaded them illegally with Bittorrent, but for being honest I do not like them. They bore me. I simply downloaded them for the fun of downloading. What I like are some series, for instance I have some episodes of LOST on my comp, but this makes me depressing. Seeing all these actors with their full heads of hair even when it is wet and the sun is shining. I do not like to listen to music anymore. When I listen to Nirvana´s MTV Unplugged it makes me so angry when I think how this stupid Kurt Cobain dude could kill himself even though he had a f*****g full head of hair. When you have hair loss all the other "problems" you had before seem so small. Really, hair loss is the worst thing that ever happend to me.

@Tchehov
You know what makes it worse? Once you've recognised it and decided to do a regimen, it's the waiting that's the killer. The waiting for results. The applications. The daily examinations with mirrors. Gets to be you're measuring your life by the cycle of your hair and your living slows down by that much.

I know where you're at, man.

Yes, you definetly do know it! I can´t even think of anything else. hours of checking hair lines, recession or thinning. Worst thing is when you notice another one falling out. This makes me mad. i am constantly moving my hands through my hair in order to see, whether there is one falling out or not. If one is falling out I have to do it again in order to assure myself that it was just coincidence and so it goes on. For being honest I shouldn´t wonder that I am shedding like crazy. You know what might be the solution for this? Just shave it. my hairline is still intact and I am just a diffuse thinner, so this might actually make sense. When I have really short hair I do not see them falling down and hence can´t get another nervous breakdown. Might work for me!

G

hairhaircomeagain said:
This is what I do....wear a hat...goto the gym and lift the heaviest and then look at my fuckin bulging muscles...I maybe losing hair but I am still fuckin better than that fat guy with all the hair in his head...

OTOH..your hair does not look bad...by the time you other will even start noticing balding...HM will be out...so relax

Thanks also for your kind words. Sure it may be right that a fit bald guy looks better than a fat guy with hair, but the fat guy can easily become fit. It just takes some time and a little bit of discipline. The bald guy won´t have this chance.... :cry:

At the moment my hair still looks good ok, but who knows what it looks like in a few weeks. I am still under shock how much it deteriorated within 2 weeks. Even now under bad conditions (bright light) the thinning is noticeable. A comment by another person would ruin my whole day, probably my whole month. I am oversensitive to such judgements. And i am not so optimistic about HM, who knows whether it will actually come out......

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
go to the local bookstore buy yourself some good reading.
it will drag you out of your focus of hair.

you are alot more then your hair..your a person.
dont let yourself loose perspective the closer you get to the problem the bigger they become,until its so big and huge it looks impossible to beat or get over.

get distance.

and it shrinks.

found a good qoute from cs lewis:

You dont have a soul,You are a soul,You have a body.

CCS

Reaction score
i distract myself from my hairloss by researching different hairloss drugs and how to make or apply them.

G

hairhaircomeagain said:
I maybe losing hair but I am still fuckin better than that fat guy with all the hair in his head...

If you think so then that's good. But no need to resent people for having better genetics and compare your muscles to theirs, or lack thereof.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Got it really bad today.

Been on minoxidil almost a month and my hair seems so much more sparse on top. If it's been shedding I haven't noticed, but then it's so short it's hard to notice anything. I've also got some sort of white fuzz spreading up my left cheek to my left eye. I don't want it on my face, I want it on my freaking head. There is tentative peach fuzz on my left temple too, nothing on the right. Come to think of it my hair is thicker on my left side than on my right. And I'm left-handed - coincidence? Come next week I'll be working my right hand like crazy to encourage growth over there. Grasping at straws.

There's no logic to any of it - just sit & wait & hope.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Having money problems, Jayman. I know my reg is pretty ineffective without it, and I'm hoping to be able to get a few months supply of Proscar soon (maybe next month). Honestly, that's all it is - if you put a bunch of Propecia in front of me right now I'd swallow the whole lot, and I'd be looking for seconds.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Tauge, your hairloss isn't even bad. Most people would just think it's the
"joey" crown of your head and not looks twice.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, and why do you feel bad about not being with a girl? There is NO worse feeling in the world than thinking you have an STD. I'd rather be bald than have an STD.

CCS

Reaction score
every STD is cureable except Hep C, herpes, and HIV. HIV is easy to prevent. Herpes is the only one you have to worry about. 1 out of 5 people have it, but only 1 out of 5 of those have a severe version. Herpes does not mean you can't date. It just means you should find someone with herpes. That is not hard because who do you think has herpes, the people who can have sex when they want it, or the people who can't?

Actually, a better indicator is people who can maintain longterm relationships, vs people who keep changing partners a lot. The latter group either have bad personalities or really want what they can't have, whereas the former group is happier with what they have. So the best looking people on average would probably be happier with who they can get, and stay with them longer, but not all of them. It is a percentage game. Maybe 65% of medium physically attractive people would cheap for someone better looking, and 35% of very attractive people would feel so inclined, and the lowest group might not get offers or at least none that tempt them.

Also women who date for money are more likely to have STDs, because they are more likely to cheat to get sex with a better looking guy. You rarely hear of women cheating with a worse looking guy for money. They might break up with their boyfriend and marry they rich guy, but they are less likely to cheat with him for a fling.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TAINTED-MEAT said:
Oh, and why do you feel bad about not being with a girl? There is NO worse feeling in the world than thinking you have an STD. I'd rather be bald than have an STD.

Tainted - what makes you think having a girl means getting an STD? I've been with plenty of girls and never had a problem. I think the guy is more concerned with his social skills leading into relationships, and how his hair loss might effect those social skills for the worse. I sympathise with him - I'm a very shy person and know about isolation - it can be self-consuming.

CCS

Reaction score
No, I just thought about it before, and type a lot. I probably do about 20 words a minute. No, it must be faster than that. This post took about 20-30 seconds.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
hairhaircomeagain said:
I maybe losing hair but I am still fuckin better than that fat guy with all the hair in his head...

If you think so then that's good. But no need to resent people for having better genetics and compare your muscles to theirs, or lack thereof.

Dude..just making myself feel good..nuthin else...comeon atleast I deserve that much...

G

TAINTED-MEAT said:

The problem is not that i don´t have a girlfriend. I could have had girlfriends, even very goodlooking ones. But due to my shyness, lack of social skills and general stupidity I fucked it up again and again and now with my hair loss showing up I have to face how much time I have waisted...... :cry: