I need to forget about hair loss

powersam

Reaction score
sometimes i touch myself while i'm watching Mork and Mindy re-runs.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
sometimes i touch myself while i'm watching Mork and Mindy re-runs.

sadly, this is a well known side effect of propecia use.

try watching the dick van dyke show to counteract this and do try to get out more.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
it's great to read the debates raging on site.

its healthy and gives a good cross section of hairloss perspective.

trent-it's good news that your hairloss has stopped, however you will have to keep on "taking the medicine"....till maybe something better comes along.

its my guess though that whatever comes along in the future, the manufacturers are going to lock you in...i.e. no permanent fix ever....after all where's the money unless they can get repeat business from their customers?

in the meantime, we may know the short term side effects.....but what about the long term ones of all these drugs?

for every trent though there's going to be 4 or 5 others for whom 'the drugs dont work'.

for these, i say to you, get off the drugs and join the 'proud to be bald set'. at least you wont have any worries of long term sides.

i totally agree, there is a long term risk involved that we can't be 100% certain of, but the risk is low. don't forget, proscar (a 5X the dose version of propecia) has been used since i believe the 90s with very good result and very minimal long term side effects. For me, its worth the risk, and for anyone with hairloss that they would like to maintain, i believe its worth trying for two years to see if you are a responder. its much easier to weigh the risks and benefits once you know if the drug works for you and i don't think a two year trial of the drug is all that risky. If you aren't a responder, then you know you gave it your best shot, and you can continue with your life. It all depends on personal preference which is of course different for everyone. Those pesky drug companies may lock me in, its true, but i guess i'll take what i can get if it helps :) who knows, it may keep my hair around long enough for hair multplication to be perfected? who knows, i like to stay positive!

as always, my intention was never to wage a battle, but to let those people know who are in my situation, that feel they would like to try a medical approach to their situation, that it DOES work for some, and in fact does work for most as far as maintainence is concerned. peace gentleman, back to work

G

Trent, I'm not sure when you are going to face the reality of your rapidly impending baldness. It's kind of funny, in a way. I was once in your(bald) spot, thinking and hoping and praying that there was a cure for becoming a shiny, chrome-dome, rug-wearing baldo, pathetically enduring any undignified "teatment" that came down the pike. Don't you feel foolish rubbing grease, jellies, and smelly creams over what's left of your hair? These are all called snake-oil for a good reason. If there was a real cure for baldness, it would be all over the news, and the inventor would become an instant billionaire. DUH! Face the cold, hard, and shiny bald fact. There is NO cure for baldness. None. Don't you think guys like Bruce Willis(totally bald) and Donald Trump(squirl-head) would have purchased this magic potion by now? Unless with all their money they just love looking in the mirror at their chrome-domes. Yeah, right. Trent, grow up. Grow a pair of balls. Be a real man. Accept being bald. You have no choice. Good luck.[/b]

G

dukshyboy said:
Trent, I'm not sure when you are going to face the reality of your rapidly impending baldness. It's kind of funny, in a way. I was once in your(bald) spot, thinking and hoping and praying that there was a cure for becoming a shiny, chrome-dome, rug-wearing baldo, pathetically enduring any undignified "teatment" that came down the pike. Don't you feel foolish rubbing grease, jellies, and smelly creams over what's left of your hair? These are all called snake-oil for a good reason. If there was a real cure for baldness, it would be all over the news, and the inventor would become an instant billionaire. DUH! Face the cold, hard, and shiny bald fact. There is NO cure for baldness. None. Don't you think guys like Bruce Willis(totally bald) and Donald Trump(squirl-head) would have purchased this magic potion by now? Unless with all their money they just love looking in the mirror at their chrome-domes. Yeah, right. Trent, grow up. Grow a pair of balls. Be a real man. Accept being bald. You have no choice. Good luck.[/b]

shut up.

Angie #7

Reaction score
Sorry to get into your conversation guys, first off coming from a girls perspective,I would do Bruce Willis in a minute!! I could care less if he is bald and do you know why? The guy reaks with confidence!! , which makes him very sexy.Thats what attracts women. A guy could be good looking, full of muscles and big the biggest, arrogant a**h** you'd ever want to meet. I don't blame you for missing your hair but its not the only thing women are looking for.

G

Angie# 7, you make perfect sense. Everyone has their "type". Alot of these straight balding men think that attractive women only go for young, muscular guys with Fabio, or Kurt Cobain perfect, thick, blonde surfer-dude hair. It just isn't true. Everyone has their different turn-ons. True, if someone is turned off by the fact that you are bald, then glueing a dead squirl on the top of your bald head will not get them hot. They'll just snicker, and look for what really interests them. Like we all do. Maybe even a bald man. Keep speaking the truth, Angie. I suggest that all you balding guys listen to her. She's simply telling the truth.[/b]

G

JayMan: shut up? That's your witty response to my post? Well, what can I expect from a desperately balding guy, who still stupidly believes "tonics" will grow hair on slick-bald skin. Good luck to you, and I hope you accept your fate before bitterness and anger eat you alive. My condolences. Good luck.[/b]

G

dukshyboy said:
JayMan: shut up? That's your witty response to my post? Well, what can I expect from a desperately balding guy, who still stupidly believes "tonics" will grow hair on slick-bald skin. Good luck to you, and I hope you accept your fate before bitterness and anger eat you alive. My condolences. Good luck.[/b]

douchey,

i don't use any tonics on my hair. all i use is avodart, a PILL, just like you.

G

dukshyboy said:

douchey,

i don't use any tonics on my hair. all i use is avodart, a PILL.

and i don't have any slick bald skin.

Angie #7

Reaction score
Hi guys: Again I'm going to intrude. I just want to let you all know I commend the fact that you all want to look your best and I understand this fact #1 I am a woman, #2 I am a hair stylist (my profession is making peoples hair look beautiful, and I've always told people when your hair is working for you, you feel like a million bucks!) Since my son has started to loose his hair (rapidly I might add started at 15, he is now 16) I feel a little differently, I want him to fight and maintain his hair because this is what he wants. The both of us so far agree, that if possible he will stay away from pills. I say until his body is mature and he is also mature enough intellectually to make an informed decision to know what he is doing.I really feel he is fighting male pattern baldness because I was stupid enough to put him on accutane without knowing all of the side effects that can occur. One of the rare side effects that can occur while on this drug is alopecia, which can be permanent. Thats all I want everyone to think about, they say these drugs we take have rare occurances of this and that, well what if your the one who gets that rare side effect? Is it worth it? I want my son to have hair and maintain hair ! I hate that he is loosing his hair because I see how he feels, I'm his mom and I want to fix it for him. I also know that if he cannot use his junk (you all worship it, admit it!!) he will hate that even more. So I will do everything I can, but I will think very carefully about the next drug with the next side effect, and teach him to be confident, smart, take care of his body, mind, and soul, (You still have to look good, even if your hair is going) and I'm sure he will have plenty of lovers and a happy life.

CCS

Reaction score
angie,

in the experimental forum, I posted links to linoleic acid, and oldbaldy posted a link to green tea extract. Bryan just posted studies on their topical effectiveness. i think they may be very strong. I'm not sure yet, but keep your eye out for this response to my questions.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dukshyboy said:

I have faced it and accepted it! What is your problem. You can accept things and still do something about it man. If I had a brain tumor, I could accept and face the reality of having a brain tumor, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do something to try and treat it, I'm going to try like hell to cure it, and if it doesn't pan out, then i'll accept my fate and live my remaining days knowing I did all I could. I know i probably wont be a 65 year old with a full head of hair, that's true. But why not use an FDA approved drug, proven with double blind studies to hold off on losing the ol' hair for as long as possible? especially when my hairloss is very early, and the goal of propecia is maintenance which i would be happy with. If it bothers you to have less hair, then it makes no sense not to give it a shot! and i don't rub any grease on my head (except gel for style maybe), just take a pill each morning, takes all of four seconds out of my day. guess what? it works for me! for some the topicals are worth it. the key is prevention in male pattern baldness, at least in todays world. true, if you are already completely bald, then going the route of accepting it and going on with your life is a legitimate answer, and it is exactly what I would be doing if i were 35 and bald. But I'm not, i'm a 26 year old with no receeding hairline and a little frontal thinning, so i take propecia to hold on as long as I can and move on with my life, why is this so hard for you to grasp? I haven't been on this site in eight months because hairloss just doesn't bother me much anymore, i just came back to give advice and check up on the site that helped me out so much, though it seems some of its members have lost some of the positive energy that used to make this site such a blessing. If you are just accepting it and moving on, claiming that everything is a snake oil, and that treatment is a waste of time, then what the hell are you doing here? seriously. I really hope the new approach of this site hasn't transitioned from one of support and sharing treatment options to one of dismissing any possible cures and trying to ridicule anyone with a positive post. If its like this all over this site then I really feel bad for you guys, cause a year ago this site was full of very intelligent and encouraging members.

peace