I Need Some Diffused Thinners For Guinea Pigs

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try ubiquinol 100mg daily.

I want to see if it had the benefit I think it did.

Post befores and afters weekly please.

Maybe a breakthrough?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, sorry, should have included more info.

I've been on it for about 2 weeks... taking it in the morning with a meal. I use concealers and leave them in for 3 to 4 days at a time. The last time I washed my hair I was literally in shock because of my sudden progress. I even washed my hair twice wondering if somehow some of my concealer didn't wash out.

I am now right at my 3 month mark for dermarolling, but my hair last week compared to this week is literally insane.

First 2 pictures are before dermarolling.
3rd picture is after first dermarolling session to show how hard I go
4th and 5th are after 1 month of dermarolling.
6th and 7th are at 3 month mark. Didn't post 2nd month because it looked identical to 1st month.
8th and 9th are just showing the magic of dermmatch. I use to use fibers (caboki, for 2 years) but changed because I was tired of being afraid of the rain or my hair being touched.

https://m.imgur.com/a/lYFElEn

The month 2 session up til last week literally looked the same, I didn't bother doing weekly pictures because the progress was very slow. Then bang, suddenly a bunch of my vellus baby hairs, which haven't had much progress, if any, after years of finasteride and minoxidil, practically all thickened up and darkened up.

I originally started Ubiquinol because I read a study about how it could darken up grey hair. I'm about to be 35 and my sides were getting a little grey. Now I'm kinda at a loss about whether this sudden gain is from dermarolling kicking in or if its the Ubiquinol.

Ubiquinol is totally safe, no sides. It is just an easier to absorb version of Coq10.

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What?

Give us some more info at least for heavens sake!!
Yup, sorry, more posted. Originally I wanted 100% placebo free answers, but you guys deserve to know the full thing.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it seems like a long shot. But I HAVE seen progress, evidenced with pictures. Maybe a weird coincidence that my microneedling suddenly kicked in 2 weeks after adding Ubiquinol, or maybe this is a key people have missed? This is why I'm asking for volunteers. In got mine on sale on amazon, 60 days worth for $13. $6.50 a month, possible results in first month? Worth a shot...

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can't find it on my "Vitamin site" however I did find CoQ-10. Can I take that instead?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can't find it on my "Vitamin site" however I did find CoQ-10. Can I take that instead?

The problem with CoQ-10 is that in default form, Ubiquinone, it didn't absorb nearly as well, about 25% efficiency. Ubiquinol is a newer form and about 4x stronger. Maybe 300 to 400mg of CoQ-10 will do the trick, but I think Ubiquinol would be safer to try(in regards to results, you won't get side effects). If you are in America it is growing in popularity on Amazon.com... not sure what other areas have access to on Amazon.

If you tell me what area you are in I'll gladly help you find the good stuff.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H02GOA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is where I got mine. Was $13 on sale, now it is $27.48USD.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found it (that exact brand you linked) but it's $50 USD + shipping. I can't buy something (a supplement/vitamin) if I don't know for certain whether it's effective or not.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct. I don't live in Trump Land :D
Yea, doesn't seem to be popular in other countries yet, you guys still have mostly CoQ-10/Ubiquinone rather than Ubiquinol. Hopefully more Americans that have access to the good stuff for cheap can try it and if it works for them then it'd be worth $50 for a 2 month supply.

My hair is a lot darker now. I went from a light / medium brown to a medium / dark brown. I can feel something going on with my scalp too. Its been kinda itchy over the last week. I refuse to scratch though out of fear of traction alopecia lol.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am already taking MSM and Biotin and it definitely makes my hair and nails grow faster. I'd like to add this as well and see how it goes.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am already taking MSM and Biotin and it definitely makes my hair and nails grow faster. I'd like to add this as well and see how it goes.

Post some weekly / biweekly pictures please. I think what made this help was the fact that it darkens up hair. I believe it contributed to thickening up the vellus hairs I gained from microneedling.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post some weekly / biweekly pictures please. I think what made this help was the fact that it darkens up hair. I believe it contributed to thickening up the vellus hairs I gained from microneedling.

how do you micro needle exactly? how many times do you run the lil comb/needle thingy all over your scalp? once? twice? do you apply something beforehand? afterwards?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you micro needle exactly? how many times do you run the lil comb/needle thingy all over your scalp? once? twice? do you apply something beforehand? afterwards?

I was using a 1.5mm dermaroller, zgts brand. After watching some videos pn dermarolling vs the pens I ordered a pen, but haven't used it yet... tomorrow will be first time.

I go overboard with it to be honest. First I use a cheap 540 pin 1mm over whole scalp for about 5 minutes. It looks sunburned at this point. Then I go over every spot like 15 to 20 times with the 192 pin 1.5mm. Some spots I don't roll it, I just stamp it. I use a hand mirror and try to make sure I pricked every spot possible. I'm kinda heavy on my hand when rolling and very heavy when stamping. I hear a crunch sound, which I think is fibrosis or calcification, so I'm focusing more on getting that noise to go away rather than how much I'm rolling. With the 192 pin roller I'm probably spending about 20 to 30 minutes, so that's why I'm guessing around 20 rolls per area. I roll horizontal, vertical, then diagonal.

I have a numbing cream that I sometimes put on after using the 540 pin roller. But most of the time I don't use it and just use adrenaline to get through. I'll make it a game and will pretend my scalp isn't a part of my body and I'll yell at it sh*t like "gimme my hair back you motherfucker!" Once my adrenaline is going I barely feel it, but it's pretty painful in the beginning.. especially in areas where I have hair or new growth.

I go for moderate blood. If any areas don't bleed I stamp it with the roller til I get at least some.

Last edited: