I just was at the bar...

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Mad to think how depressed people get with going bald...i mean i use to be pissed of with it but never depressed i never wanted to go bald but now i couldnt care less how can we moan about hair while there are things what are ALOT worse then hair loss? look at the paralympics for example...while we are moaning about a few hairs falling out there are people with no legs or one arm etc etc winning gold for us...hair loss is NOTHING i just shave my head and thats it most wont care of cause you will get some people taking the piss you always will but they are the type to take the piss out off anything (if its not your baldness it be something else) so stop worrying and count yourself lucky its just HAIR.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I know there are worse things than hairloss, I've been lucky to have what I have without treatments. But it doesn't make it better. I mean, we are all going to wish there was a cure and just move on with our lives. You say "At least you don't have cancer" but that isn't going to make us feel better about having less hair. Its like telling the cancer patient they should feel better living right now with cancer than having it 30 years ago.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
But cancer is ALOT different then hair loss....cancer kills while hair loss...is just that....hair loss you see people shaving their head now days because they like the look so it cant be that bad i understand why people hate being bald etc etc but still be lucky its just hair you are losing.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Its true, health is more important than hair. But that doesn't make the issue less depressing for those suffering hairloss.

slipy

Reaction score
DannyBoyy

if you're a Norwood 2 or 3 with a buzzcut then trust me rest of the world doesn't see you as bald just yet.
from what i've read about the experience of advanced norwoods, the consequences go far beyond than just few piss takes every now and then.
you have to be totally bald to comprehend what youre up against as a bald guy in this world.

hair loss can also kill.

your soul that is, not your physical body.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I know i understand some get really down because off it like i said i was really pissed about it once upon a time but now....just seems pointless to worry about something what is not that much of a deal but everyone is different and i hope in time everyone gets over it and be able to live life without worrying about it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I understand Slipy my hair at the moment is not a full horse shoe but most of the front is gone and i think the crown is starting to get thin...from the distance it looks like a horse shoe or if im in the sun....trust me i dont care no more when i finally do have a horse shoe...then totally bald head here i come.

slipy

Reaction score
what Norwood rating would you give yourself? (if you're familiar with that scale)

and do you think you pull off the bald look well? who knows, maybe if you're some kind of jason statham look-alike then things won't be so bad for you.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
What scale would i give myself? hmm not sure really i have saw the scale but not really looked properly and i think i can pull the bald look off (my hair is that short i can see the shape off my head) and no im no jason statham but i still think i can pull it off.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I know a guy short and bald probably 1.67 with a huge head, he looks ugly as hell

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad I'm not short, ugly and have a huge head. I guess I have something to be thankful for.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It sounds like DB is mentally prepared for the inevitable and if he truly doesn't care then what can I say, maybe he is lucky. Then again he may feel differently when it is all gone.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like DB is mentally prepared for the inevitable and if he truly doesn't care then what can I say, maybe he is lucky. Then again he may feel differently when it is all gone.
if he truly accepts the disappearance of the front then the test is already mostly passed

the front is the most painful part to thin/lose because thats where all the frame comes from

B

Beingbaldsucksass

if he truly accepts the disappearance of the front then the test is already mostly passed

the front is the most painful part to thin/lose because thats where all the frame comes from
I bet he's 6 foot + at least, cuz it's much easier when your tall

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Yeah im about 6.2 but it shouldnt matter what height you are i dont think it should anyway.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Height doesn't really make it easier because we're already used to being tall and take it as a given.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad I'm not short, ugly and have a huge head. I guess I have something to be thankful for.

Great attitude.

I am not thrilled about it. I think if we look to role models. Shogun is my favorite fighter. Jason stathom I love as an acter. I am glad my head isn't shaped like Malcolm in the middle. It would be worse as a female.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Yeah im about 6.2 but it shouldnt matter what height you are i dont think it should anyway.

Ho yeha, I'm 1.70, short and bald (in the future) that me!

Baldness sits much better on tall people

- - - Updated - - -

Height doesn't really make it easier because we're already used to being tall and take it as a given.

You should look on short and bald people and then youl get the relief saying "I'm glad I'm not that guy"

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
http://m.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/top-10-hairstyles-for-thinning-hair.html#1

- - - Updated - - -

good on u mate, you have become a stronger character through wot life has dealt you , we all have a purpose in life and the will to survive and fight on through trauma is wot makes us,some people dont have the choices of carrying on their life and have to accept death through terminal illness ,these people would give everything for more time ,we should cherrish life and try to be more possitive.

Yeah, if you search I am sure you could find cynical posts from me online. I been low. This thread reminds me of that coffee shop almost pickup. I hate when it happens.

I see so much negativity here and in myself. I think people myself included need to look in the mirror and remember we are men. Its about time we start acting like it.

I remember how pissy I was with acne and depression before their accident. I could have enjoyed there company and showed love. Would you believe I took my anger out on them and I never got to say sorry or tell them I love them. When I did it was at there funeral. The last time I was with them I was ****ty cause of my own issues and depression. I'll never get that Time back. I remember laying in bed at night and I can't sleep. Tears roll down my face and I am just
Numb to the pain. How easy it would be to just take sleeping pills and drink myself to death but, I am reminded I believe in god still and my father.
Never raised a coward.

I now battle hairloss. Everything I have to lose is gone all but my mom. I made mistakes with my sister and dad cause of my issues. I won't with my mom so, any opportunity to show and tell her I love her, I take without question.

Isaiah 43:18-19

18 “Forget the former things;
****do not dwell on the past.
19*See, I am doing a new thing!
****Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

Despite all that I lost and then some, I must have faith and busy myself or I'll go mad. It could be worse guys. We need to rise above circumstances and know there is some higher purpose. I cannot fathom such a possibility with something like drunk driving. I think we just need to accept are own suffering and embrace the damage inside.