I have quit minoxidil with no noticeable negative effects!!!

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since 2002. Thats pretty good if you've been holding the fort that long especially if your still seeing results. Congrats to you mate, i guess your like me and wont give up on your hair without a big fight. I did get a little regrowth with minoxidil and finasteride originally, but nothing impressive im still losing the big fight but i strongly believe thats about to change.

Speaking about proxiphen i was very close to buying it and it does sound good. However upon much research i discovered theirs sod's in hairsignals and thought that proxiphen may not be necessary. The question is how much sod's are in hair signals and proxiphen. Im betting proxiphen has more since its mostly sod based. If cost isnt an issue i think proxiphen would be a great addition to get that little bit extra boost in results. If not i think hairsignals may be enough for what you need providing your already using minoxidil. I would sooner rather go for the nano shampoo however rather than the proxiphen cream. Reason being is that it i think it will be much easier to fix into a regimen than the cream since we are already using various creams and spray based applications. Too much i think may get messy. Further more i've heard this nano thing in the shampoo is something else entirelly that may benefit against hairloss. Then again proxiphen does contain spironolactone so it may still be a usefull addition to include if you can afford it. However with hairloss you cant take chances and its best to get the most you can for the least amount of money.

For me im adding L-Arginine and GliSODin as an oral sod to futher boost my sod in take and results. I think the sod's in topicals dont completelly penetrate the scalp to give you the full benefits. At least with an oral intake of sod's your gauranteed to get the most out of them. Furthermore as well as being an anti oxidant i've heard they have a slight vasilodator effect similair to minoxidil but without the side effects also their natural. Just my thoughts anyways. Good look with your results mate im sure you'll have great success with that killer regimen. Keep up the good work.

ThinBrent

Reaction score
Is emu oil supposed to be like an oil, or more like a cream? I bought this,
http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Pure-Emu-O ... 963&sr=8-2
and the consistancy is not very oil-like... it's almost like a lotion. Maybe a little more liquidy than a lotion, but still, not like the oil that I expected. It makes it so that the only way to apply it is by putting it on my fingers and rubbing it on my scalp. It's pretty much impossible to get on through the hair, so I'm only using it on my temples at the hairline. I was hoping I'd be able to use a spare dropper from one of my many bottles of minoxidil, but there's no way this stuff can be sucked into a dropper.

When I use my fingers, I'm worried that I'm rubbing off some of the minoxidil that I apply 10-20 minutes prior.

This stuff also has vitamin E in it (not mentioned on the product description anywhere). That makes me think that this is just a lotion-based emu oil, and if I got pure emu oil it wouldn't be so creamy.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds similair to mine. If its AEA certified you can be sure its the real thing. I think its just a really thick oil. I tend to pour a little on my hand and spred it out on my fingers so its not thick and rub it on my scalp. I do this only once the minoxidils dried a bit on my scalp so as to not mess it up. By the way i shave my head now so thats it easier to apply the stuff.

Originally i use to put the emu oil on first, let it dry a bit then put the minoxidil on. This is an easier method of application from my experience. However its apparently more beneficial to put the emu oil on after putting the minoxidil on first as Petchsky mentioned with the explanation given through Doctor Pickarts website skin biology.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
ThinBrent said:
Is emu oil supposed to be like an oil, or more like a cream? I bought this,
http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Pure-Emu-O ... 963&sr=8-2
and the consistancy is not very oil-like... it's almost like a lotion. Maybe a little more liquidy than a lotion, but still, not like the oil that I expected. It makes it so that the only way to apply it is by putting it on my fingers and rubbing it on my scalp. It's pretty much impossible to get on through the hair, so I'm only using it on my temples at the hairline. I was hoping I'd be able to use a spare dropper from one of my many bottles of minoxidil, but there's no way this stuff can be sucked into a dropper.

When I use my fingers, I'm worried that I'm rubbing off some of the minoxidil that I apply 10-20 minutes prior.

This stuff also has vitamin E in it (not mentioned on the product description anywhere). That makes me think that this is just a lotion-based emu oil, and if I got pure emu oil it wouldn't be so creamy.

try putting the emu bottle in a glass of hot water for a while... it should liquefy the oil nicely.

- they add vitamin E to it to delay rancidity. (preservative)

- apply emu oil (or any other) after you have applied your alcohol based topicals as it will help push down your minoxidil and other topicals. From what I understand Emu oil is one of the best penetration agents. (never add it before minoxidil as it will create a sort of barrier which will hinder minoxidil absorbtion)

hope this helps.

theguru

Reaction score
Yes please updates .. As im thinking of quiting..i have already started anothee post about thos but this is very interesting