I Have A Receding Hairline At 22 Years Old

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Zach and I have a receding hairline... To counteract this, I have been using Minoxidil for 1 month straight. After 1 month, I've noticed my hairline getting thicker and temples getting thicker. If you have any success with minoxidil, please reply below

Attachments

• Snapchat-1228049586.jpg
    Snapchat-1228049586.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,558
  • Snapchat-335744264.jpg
    Snapchat-335744264.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,569
  • 20181006_025933.jpg
    20181006_025933.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 20181006_025923.jpg
    20181006_025923.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,374
  • 20181006_025905.jpg
    20181006_025905.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 20181006_024845.jpg
    20181006_024845.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 2,731
  • 20181006_024839.jpg
    20181006_024839.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Snapchat-1726664549.jpg
    Snapchat-1726664549.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,656

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Zach and I have a receding hairline... To counteract this, I have been using Minoxidil for 1 month straight. After 1 month, I've noticed my hairline getting thicker and temples getting thicker. If you have any success with minoxidil, please reply below

Hi Zach,
I'm sorry to tell you this and burst ur bubble, but it's better to do it now than to wait and let you have a big disappointm later. You won't mantain your regrowth on minoxidil alone. Based on controlled studies and by anecdotes of 99% of the people here, it is well known that the regrowth from minoxidil will not be mantained for more than some months (4-8 months). The only way minoxidil can have a long term contribution to keep what you have, is combining it with finasteride. Please start taking finasteride and save your hair. You have a nice head of dense hear and still in time to get on serious treatment.

ljb118

Reaction score
Agree with above. Combine minoxidil with finasteride, and even Nizoral once a week (especially good if you tend to get dandruff) and you should be plain sailing for years.

In terms of importance it goes: finasteride >> minoxidil > nizoral

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Zach,
I'm sorry to tell you this and burst ur bubble, but it's better to do it now than to wait and let you have a big disappointm later. You won't mantain your regrowth on minoxidil alone. Based on controlled studies and by anecdotes of 99% of the people here, it is well known that the regrowth from minoxidil will not be mantained for more than some months (4-8 months). The only way minoxidil can have a long term contribution to keep what you have, is combining it with finasteride. Please start taking finasteride and save your hair. You have a nice head of dense hear and still in time to get on serious treatment.
We that... Disappointed me...

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with above. Combine minoxidil with finasteride, and even Nizoral once a week (especially good if you tend to get dandruff) and you should be plain sailing for years.

Well I use Minoxidil, biotin plus keratin pills, and biotin shampoo... Is finasteride available in pill form? And should I use nizoral instead of my biotin shampoo?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I use Minoxidil, biotin plus keratin pills, and biotin shampoo... Is finasteride available in pill form? And should I use nizoral instead of my biotin shampoo?

I don't think keratin pills and biotin shampoo are worth keeping in your regimen. There's no solid scientific evidence supporting their efficacy for hairloss. Yes, finasteride is actually a pill. And yes, you might add nizoral (twice a week maybe).
Don't be terrorized by the potential side effects of finasteride. Only a small percentage of people get them, and even some of them are mostly nocebo (psychological suggestion instead of actual effects of the pilll). The sooner you start, the better. Good luck with your regimen

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think keratin pills and biotin shampoo are worth keeping in your regimen. There's no solid scientific evidence supporting their efficacy for hairloss. Yes, finasteride is actually a pill. And yes, you might add nizoral (twice a week maybe).
Don't be terrorized by the potential side effects of finasteride. Only a small percentage of people get them, and even some of them are mostly nocebo (psychological suggestion instead of actual effects of the pilll). The sooner you start, the better. Good luck with your regimen
Alright thanks for the help! Will any of this slowly regrow hair, or will it just stop the hairloss?

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the help! Will any of this slowly regrow hair, or will it just stop the hairloss?
Clinical trials say that 50% of people have regrowth, 40% maintain, and 10% continue to lose. Within one year of taking finasteride you'll see which category you're part of.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just bought this. Hope this is the right one?

Attachments

• 20181006_181124.jpg
    20181006_181124.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 554

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats the right one. Just don't use it too many times a week because it really dries your hair out. I only use it once a week.
And then finasteride.. thats available only online? So I use Minoxidil twice a day, that shampoo once a week and take the finasteride pill... How many times a day?

clearlove

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is that supposed to mean? This isn't a place to make fun of people. If you have a perfect hairline, why are you here? Go bother someone else please.
In fact,my hairline is worse than you.i'm using propecia now...

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mines pretty meh... Yours is worse? How old are you?

Yours is good enough Zach.
About Finasteride, the usual regime is taking a pill (1mg) every day, although there are studies showing that taking half a pill, or even one pill every other day has practically the same effect as taking it every day, so you can do that to save money

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yours is good enough Zach.
About Finasteride, the usual regime is taking a pill (1mg) every day, although there are studies showing that taking half a pill, or even one pill every other day has practically the same effect as taking it every day, so you can do that to save money
I'm just hoping this regime will regrow hair on the corners of my hairline ..