I Have A Receding Hairline At 22 Years Old

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just hoping this regime will regrow hair on the corners of my hairline ..

I hope you can respond well, although the expectations should be always aimed to maintain. Regrowth is always a welcome unlikely bonus. In your case, you'll be fine if you just maintain because you still don't look like an obvious male pattern baldness sufferer, even with your slightly high temples. I also want to mention that you are in a relatively good time to find out about your hairloss because there are many new innovative treatments being in their final phases of trials, so perhaps you'll get even more lucky in the (hopefully) near future

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you tell me when your hair loss reduced.(please forgive my english skill)
Like, when I started to lose hair or when I stopped it? Ive always had this hairline. This V shaped hairline for my whole teenage years and in my 20s. It didn't start to recede higher until 20 years old. I started using Minoxidil for 2 months and I started growing hair around my hairline. After I ran out, I just stopped. I didn't start using Minoxidil again until early september of this year.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you can respond well, although the expectations should be always aimed to maintain. Regrowth is always a welcome unlikely bonus. In your case, you'll be fine if you just maintain because you still don't look like an obvious male pattern baldness sufferer, even with your slightly high temples. I also want to mention that you are in a relatively good time to find out about your hairloss because there are many new innovative treatments being in their final phases of trials, so perhaps you'll get even more lucky in the (hopefully) near future
I don't? I figured if I didn't have a straight hairline, it was always receding... I just want to regrow hair on the high part of my temples to straighten the hairline a little.

ljb118

Reaction score
And then finasteride.. thats available only online? So I use Minoxidil twice a day, that shampoo once a week and take the finasteride pill... How many times a day?

You can cop it on inhousepharmacy if you don't wish to get a prescription. I've used them for years, no issues whatsoever. Get the generic proscar (5mg) and split the pills into 4 or 5. It doesn't matter if you aren't splitting them perfectly each time as the difference between dosing 1mg and even 5mg in terms of DHT inhibition is very minor.

It doesn't matter what proscar you get, sometimes I get the Italian version, sometimes American, whatever they have in stock. Just once you choose a brand, like Proscar, don't change it.

What is that supposed to mean? This isn't a place to make fun of people. If you have a perfect hairline, why are you here? Go bother someone else please.

He was complimenting your hair.

I don't? I figured if I didn't have a straight hairline, it was always receding... I just want to regrow hair on the high part of my temples to straighten the hairline a little.

As others are saying, while you're receding, your hair really isn't bad whatsoever. You've caught it at a great time to maintain for many years. Nobody in real life is going to think you're balding if you maintain at current level.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is wearing a hat bad? Does it make hairloss faster? Also does masturbating cause hairloss too?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is wearing a hat bad? Does it make hairloss faster? Also does masturbating cause hairloss too?
The answer to both of your questions is no. The masturbation thing is a particular urban myth going around the internet for some time but there is no evidence for that.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks great when styled. I would just use finasteride and Nizoral. Sure you have some temple recession but your hair loss is still fairly minor.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline doesnt mean sh*t. You will probably keep that hairline for a decade or so.If you are also seeing some thinning then yeah I reccomend giving finasteride a shot.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline doesnt mean sh*t. You will probably keep that hairline for a decade or so.If you are also seeing some thinning then yeah I reccomend giving finasteride a shot.
Does finasteride have successful outcomes? I really wanna add hair to the high corners of my hairline. ..

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does finasteride have successful outcomes? I really wanna add hair to the high corners of my hairline. ..
Well ive been on it for 4 months now. I didnt have a receding hairline but im thin all over the top. I think it recently started working and my hair was kind of looking thicker but now I seem to be having other issues with it.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well ive been on it for 4 months now. I didnt have a receding hairline but im thin all over the top. I think it recently started working and my hair was kind of looking thicker but now I seem to be having other issues with it.
Awesome! I'll get the finasteride pills next paycheck. Really hoping this fixes my ugly hairline!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome! I'll get the finasteride pills next paycheck. Really hoping this fixes my ugly hairline!

Again, your hairline is ok, and others have also said the same thing in this thread. Relax Zach, you are fine. Get on finasteride to halt further recession, that should be your major goal. If finasteride doesn't give you regrowth (which you don't really need), please keep in mind that it is at least keeping your current hair alive, so do not quit it.

Many young forum members of your age that are already too far gone would die to have your hair, so you should be glad to catch this early. You can fully enjoy your youth.
If you have any more doubts, let us know so we'll be here for help and support

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is fine and literally no one that isn’t balding can see anything’s up. Honestly I wouldn’t even notice if I saw you in person. I’m the same age as you and wish I had the same density.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, your hairline is ok, and others have also said the same thing in this thread. Relax Zach, you are fine. Get on finasteride to halt further recession, that should be your major goal. If finasteride doesn't give you regrowth (which you don't really need), please keep in mind that it is at least keeping your current hair alive, so do not quit it.

Many young forum members of your age that are already too far gone would die to have your hair, so you should be glad to catch this early. You can fully enjoy your youth.
I just see all these famous guys with straight hairlines and that all the girls go for guys with a straight hairline... I'm just really self conscious about my hairline and seeing guys with straight hairlines makes me even more stressed out and depressed. I can't even have a short hairstlye because of my insecurity...

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also is it bad to shave the "point" of your hairline..? The middle part of my hairline that gives it a "V" point. Because I did that and it sorta gave me a straightish looking hairline.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This means alot. Thanks!