I Have A Receding Hairline At 22 Years Old

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just see all these famous guys with straight hairlines and that all the girls go for guys with a straight hairline... I'm just really self conscious about my hairline and seeing guys with straight hairlines makes me even more stressed out and depressed. I can't even have a short hairstlye because of my insecurity...

I understand your insecurity, but I assure you that it's just a false impression coming from your own obsession if your hairline. A lot of non balding men have non straight hairlines and I really don't think that women prefer the straight ones. Look at the V shaped hairlined of the likes of Chris Hemsworth, one of the most desired dudes in these days.

Also, I wouldn't shave the center of your hairline, that would look weird. You don't need the straight look Zach, believe me, you are fine, man.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your insecurity, but I assure you that it's just a false impression coming from your own obsession if your hairline. A lot of non balding men have non straight hairlines and I really don't think that women prefer the straight ones. Look at the V shaped hairlined of the likes of Chris Hemsworth, one of the most desired dudes in these days.

Also, I wouldn't shave the center of your hairline, that would look weird. You don't need the straight look Zach, believe me, you are fine, man.
Yeah, I saw his hairline and gave me a little motivation. But his isn't as a high v as mine, his is more flatter

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I guess growing a beard would help me out?

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would I be able to pull this hairstyle off? IDK if my corners are too far back though... Like, mine are rounded and his are sharp and to a point.if I use finasteride, would I be able to achieve this in the corners..? ALSO! Would finasteride help me grow a thicker more Fuller beard? Minoxidil is helping by adding more hairs, but they're thin...
chris-hemsworth-haircut-crop-u364846.jpg
Chris-Hemsworth.jpg
341fc411fea1c69a1b453582532631c0.jpg

Last edited:

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think I found finasteride on Amazon. If this isn't the right bottle, can someone link me the right one? I don't wanna spend $50+
Screenshot_2018-10-08-02-53-26.png

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think I found finasteride on Amazon. If this isn't the right bottle, can someone link me the right one? I don't wanna spend $50+
View attachment 101115
That’s not finasteride. There are other websites you can use to find finasteride, but amazon isn’t one of them. I’m sure another user can help you with that.

As for the haircut, I think you can definitely pull off one of those haircuts and you’re blowing your minimal recession out of proportion. It’s not that bad.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like others said before me, you should get on finasteride (that's the ingredient in propecia) too.

The goal here is to maintain what you have. If finasteride works for you, you will keep most of the hair in your 30's, 40's, 50's or even longer..

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like others said before me, you should get on finasteride (that's the ingredient in propecia) too.

The goal here is to maintain what you have. If finasteride works for you, you will keep most of the hair in your 30's, 40's, 50's or even longer..
Do you know of any finasteride or propecia pills that aren't $50+ and that work? Really need a link to buy some and amazon doesnt sell them. ..

ljb118

Reaction score
Do you know of any finasteride or propecia pills that aren't $50+ and that work? Really need a link to buy some and amazon doesnt sell them. ..

I gave you instructions on where to buy them already. Inhousepharmacy. Search it

ljb118

Reaction score
There's so many on there though... Do u have a link to the right one?

You can cop it on inhousepharmacy if you don't wish to get a prescription. I've used them for years, no issues whatsoever. Get the generic proscar (5mg) and split the pills into 4 or 5. It doesn't matter if you aren't splitting them perfectly each time as the difference between dosing 1mg and even 5mg in terms of DHT inhibition is very minor.

It doesn't matter what proscar you get, sometimes I get the Italian version, sometimes American, whatever they have in stock. Just once you choose a brand, like Proscar, don't change it.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would I be able to pull this hairstyle off? IDK if my corners are too far back though... Like, mine are rounded and his are sharp and to a point.if I use finasteride, would I be able to achieve this in the corners..? ALSO! Would finasteride help me grow a thicker more Fuller beard? Minoxidil is helping by adding more hairs, but they're thin...
View attachment 101103 View attachment 101104 View attachment 101105

Finasteride won't improve your beard. Minoxidil may be able to do that if you apply it directly there. Also, finasteride probably won't alter the shape of your hairline. I see you are very uncomfortable with it despite the fact that everybody here has told you that you look perfectly fine. Fair enough, if you are so hesitant to alter your hairline shape and if you have the money, then get a hair transplant in a couple of years after your hairloss has been stabilized by the meds (finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral). That will make your hairline the way you want it, with just a few transplanted grafts. I honestly hope that with time you abandon that idea tho

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
..........no offence, but can you read?

Proscar. 5mg. Split into fourths or fifths.
Both Turkish and Italian versions are available on inhouse.
I know how to read, don't assume I don't know how to. I don't have the time to cut up some pills.

ljb118

Reaction score
I know how to read, don't assume I don't know how to. I don't have the time to cut up some pills.

It takes less than 10 seconds to break a pill into 4 quarters. Thats 4 days worth of pills in 10 seconds. Just get a simple pill cutter, cut it in half, then break them into halves with your hands to make 4 quarters. Effortless.

You've made it clear cost is a concern. Your tablets are $0.96 a unit, whereas the Turkish Proscar 5mg broken into fifths comes outs to $0.48 per unit. You're saving about $180 dollars a year with that. $1800 over 10 years.

Lastly, the only manufacturer I can vouch for are Merck. I'm sure others are fine, but once you choose a brand/manufacturer its wise not to change. I cannot vouch for 'Dr. Reddy's'.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
All Day Chemist and Inhouse Pharmacy are great places to buy finasteride online. I bought 1 mg pills from All Day Chemist a few years back and had no problems. It will take a while to get to you though (around 3ish weeks).

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All Day Chemist and Inhouse Pharmacy are great places to buy finasteride online. I bought 1 mg pills from All Day Chemist a few years back and had no problems. It will take a while to get to you though (around 3ish weeks).
The fincar one? 5mg?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fincar one? 5mg?

I bought the 1 mg pills a couple years back as my derm mentioned that he might not refill my finasteride script. I normally cut 5 mg pills into quarters and take that daily but i but the 1 mg pills as "back up finasteride." I would just get the 5 mg pills they are cheaper.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the 1 mg pills a couple years back as my derm mentioned that he might not refill my finasteride script. I normally cut 5 mg pills into quarters and take that daily but i but the 1 mg pills as "back up finasteride." I would just get the 5 mg pills they are cheaper.
Awesome! Thanks