I Got Hit By Severe Depression On Finasteride At ~4 Months Mark

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All i do is lay on the couch during weekend. I have no energy or desire to do anything.
I can literally lay for 5-7 hours straight browsing youtube, read information from phone and sh*t like that.

Anybody with experience can share tips what they did to combar finasteride induced depression?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I said is factually correct. And not an assumption.
Lmao, another certified doctor who oversees patients history over the internet by telepathy.
There are scientific studies that literally prove that finasteride causes decrease in neurosteroids production which leads to depression and differet reality perception.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, another certified doctor who oversees patients history over the internet by telepathy.
There are scientific studies that literally prove that finasteride causes decrease in neurosteroids production which leads to depression and differet reality perception.
And where are these scientifically ept studies? Why are they not published in scientific peer reviewed journals and finasteride off the market as a result?

I see you are having trouble comprehending. My statement is speaking of the peer reviewed studies, which have been replicated and found similar results. It's not to say that this couldn't happen to you, it's to say that for nearly 100% of ppl taking the drug, it doesn't. I'm sure you understand the concept, no matter how much finasteride is causing necrosis to your brain.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already suffered from depression before starting finasteride and dutasteride, nether made it any worse. If you think it's causing you mental health problems give it a break for a while.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
All i do is lay on the couch during weekend. I have no energy or desire to do anything.
I can literally lay for 5-7 hours straight browsing youtube, read information from phone and sh*t like that.

Anybody with experience can share tips what they did to combar finasteride induced depression?
You need to find something outside of your home that you enjoy doing. I seriously doubt your depression or lack of energy is strictly finasteride. I guarantee you if someone offered you a weekend job where you made a million dollars in your first year, you would somehow find the energy to do it. You are focusing on the wrong things. If I focused on my hair or other flaws of my body, I would never leave the house.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nearly a 100% chance this is just you being depressed.
Well, that was quite scientific statement. Nearly correct. I guess you've graduated with phd from one of the Ivy league universities.

What I said is factually correct. And not an assumption.
Guys, I'm being honest, really, just trust me, that's how it is, most men dont have any side effects on finasteride, it's just nocebo. Nicely backed up by evidence and studies as well.

I see you are having trouble comprehending. My statement is speaking of the peer reviewed studies, which have been replicated and found similar results. It's not to say that this couldn't happen to you, it's to say that for nearly 100% of ppl taking the drug, it doesn't. I'm sure you understand the concept, no matter how much finasteride is causing necrosis to your brain.
I see you are having trouble building a coherent replies in one thread and making sense in your writings.

Several research studies have investigated the adverse psychological effects of finasteride (Altomare & Capella, 2002; Ganzer, Jacobs, & Iqbal, 2014; Irwig, 2012; Melcangi et al., 2013; Rahimi-Ardabili, Pourandarjani, Habibollahi, & Mualeki, 2006; Traish, Hassani, Guay, Zitzmann, & Hansen, 2011). In 2002, researchers investigating depression as an adverse effect of finasteride, researchers reported that men (n = 17) who had taken 1 mg per day of finasteride for Androgenetic Alopecia developed moderate to severe depression during treatment and stated that further studies were needed (Altomare & Capella, 2002). In 2012, Irwig compared rates of depressive symptoms and suicidal thoughts in two groups, men who had taken finasteride and those who had not. Using the Beck Depression Inventory–II (BDI-II), Irwig (2012) reported that rates of depressive symptoms (BDI-II score ≥ 14) were significantly higher among former finasteride users (75%; 46/61) as compared with the control group (10%; 3/29; p < .001). The author concluded that patients taking this medication may experience depressive symptoms and suicidal thoughts, and clinicians should advise patients of potential of the risk of adverse side effects.

And where are these scientifically ept studies? Why are they not published in scientific peer reviewed journals and finasteride off the market as a result?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5734544/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1622749/
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._rat_brain_neurosteroid_levels_and_metabolism

I'm sure you understand the concept, no matter how much finasteride is causing necrosis to your brain.
You might be having underlying side effect of brain necrosis on finasteride, since you are the one who doesnt understand the concept.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

There are plenty of peer reviewed papers on finasterides alteration of neurosteroids.
It’s the same neurosteroid decline that causes post natal depression because of the decline in progesterone (precursor to Allopregnanolone) .

Its this very neurosteroid that gets suppressed that is now being used intravenously to treat major depression in psychiatry.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are plenty of peer reviewed papers on finasterides alteration of neurosteroids.
It’s the same neurosteroid decline that causes post natal depression because of the decline in progesterone (precursor to Allopregnanolone) .

Its this very neurosteroid that gets suppressed that is now being used intravenously to treat major depression in psychiatry.
I never said it couldn't happen, there's possible side effects to any drug. In fact I said it is possible it may be happening to him, but that in nearly 100% of cases, it doesn't cause that side effect......Why is this so hard to be understood.....all of the research support my statements. But if one wants to state otherwise, go nuts.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Btw, do you know if one can take a test for neurosteroids levels in blood or it's done through spinal fluid somehow? I know there's progesterone available in blood test, not sure for others.
Are you on finasteride yourself?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you think it’s giving you depression, then stop using it.

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you exercise?

Its important for mental health. I had found i stopped hoing to thr gym and a month or two later i had very low energy.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

Quit the drug. That's my advice. I went thru same.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool another normie that needs explaining.

Another case of, one of:
1) Someone taking medication and overdosing. Then blaming the drug.
2) Blaming the drug for a condition that has nothing to do with the drug.

Which is it then.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you think it’s giving you depression, then stop using it.
Unfortunately it's not that simple, bald head will probably give me 10 times stronger depression.

Do you exercise?

Its important for mental health. I had found i stopped hoing to thr gym and a month or two later i had very low energy.
Yea, man, i do exercise, it does help a little, that's true.

Quit the drug. That's my advice. I went thru same.
Damn, that's interesting. Can you expand a little on your situation and how it unfolded? How bad was the depression at what time stamp it kicked in? Did it fade away when you discontinued the drug usage?
Cool another normie that needs explaining.

Another case of, one of:
1) Someone taking medication and overdosing. Then blaming the drug.
2) Blaming the drug for a condition that has nothing to do with the drug.

Which is it then.
Are you dumb as f*** or yes?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I, for one, believe you because I have had strange bouts of depression ever since I started taking antiandrogens and like you knowing that I could end cue-ball bald would depress me 100x more. Honestly.. there isn't much that you can do -- with me it's an up and down roller coaster; I have my good days and I have my bad days. I know this may sound cheesy as f*** but try to have positive thoughts; ex: in 4-5-6 months I will have a full head of hair.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I, for one, believe you because I have had strange bouts of depression ever since I started taking antiandrogens and like you knowing that I could end cue-ball bald would depress me 100x more. Honestly.. there isn't much that you can do -- with me it's an up and down roller coaster; I have my good days and I have my bad days. I know this may sound cheesy as f*** but try to have positive thoughts; ex: in 4-5-6 months I will have a full head of hair.
Bro, how's your libido? 2 weeks ago sex drive was extreme for me and now it's completely died, i dont feel any pull towards girls and desire to f*** them. Scary sh*t.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go do SOMETHING. Force your self out there. I personally know exactly what is like to be severe depressed. And one thing that DOESN'T help is doing nothing. I did the same thing and my mental staten of mind worsened a lot. I have started a new job now, so i focus on other things - trust me, it helps.