I Found Out Ru Was Probably Working The Hard Way

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that you should not rely soley on anti androgen
Add minoxidil and stemoxydine this will help hair getting stronger overall so that any increase of androgen will be less damaging - during the short term at least
And MSM supplement as well

The main culprit is 5AR, not testosterone. This is why the pseudohermaphordites lacking 5AR2 have no hair loss at all yet have NORMAL to HIGH testosterone. Most people with male pattern baldness seem to have lower serum testosterone and testosterone does not act very well on tissues such as the scalp and prostate, which is why it is converted into DHT in the first place. The 5AR enzyme itself is also probably partially responsible due to overactivity causing free radicals in the follicle.

Anytime there is a prolonged blockage of the receptors, then overactivity can result. This is why people, for example, with antipsychotics can go into severe spasms if they stop abruptly after longterm use due to the dopamine receptors that were once blocked becoming active.

This is why I think Androgen blockade really isn't an optimal treatment. The problem is not Androgens themselves but the body's changing relationship with them (such as increasing DHT production causing hair loss/prostates to grow). There are also probably receptor imbalances that have not been studied for complex cases where there may be a lack of certain estrogen receptors (such as beta) vs alpha estrogen receptors which may cause more Androgen activity. This has been shown to influence prostate cancer and most likely has some relevance in hair loss for some people.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am starting to think the RU a really increased the uptake.

I started six months ago and I still was holding strong at the hairline and temple with horrible diffusion all over.

I caught a glance I the sun yesterday and full believe I destroyed my chances of saving my hair.

My concern is that even if Finasteride works I’ll live with the regret and sides while knowing if I didn’t listen to the doctors and started sooner I could have saved great head of hair. Hardest part is that with long wavy hair for many years it has become a recognized part of my identity, baldness will be a huge shift and it started at 40. At this pace I’ll be a diffuse NW3/4 by Christmas.

Is there any chance of saving hairline and regaining density?

Attachments

• A3A4DA04-BCA3-4B80-8F09-49E2C6AC9C58.jpeg
    A3A4DA04-BCA3-4B80-8F09-49E2C6AC9C58.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 359

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

I started six months ago and I still was holding strong at the hairline and temple with horrible diffusion all over.

I caught a glance I the sun yesterday and full believe I destroyed my chances of saving my hair.

My concern is that even if Finasteride works I’ll live with the regret and sides while knowing if I didn’t listen to the doctors and started sooner I could have saved great head of hair. Hardest part is that with long wavy hair for many years it has become a recognized part of my identity, baldness will be a huge shift and it started at 40. At this pace I’ll be a diffuse NW3/4 by Christmas.

You are another person that never listens and just posts that your hair is getting worse.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

@el_duterino how do you explain this? why isnt ru able to hold off a very non aggressive case of male pattern baldness at 40?

id give topical bicalutamide a try before jumping on finasteride if I were you knowing what I know now

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are another person that never listens and just posts that your hair is getting worse.

I listen just haven’t had the courage to try Finasteride, also have been considering starting a family which had early on been the deciding factor. Too much bad advice from doctors.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I think that a pre-mixed RU lotion in the wrong, low dosage applied to long hair and without massaging it hard isn't going to work well, in general

I mix the powder to neogenic a few seconds before applying and this has been key to provide a consistent protection from androgen all these years and keep my hair very short

I think that someone who says that minoxidil made his hair worse isn't going to respond well to hair treatments for regular male pattern baldness in general

minoxidil made my hair very thick and strong and I was also a good responder to finasteride for the first 6 years

Also the original poster mentionned that other issues were diagnosed as cause of his hair loss which can explain the lack of effects

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that a pre-mixed RU lotion in the wrong, low dosage applied to long hair and without massaging it hard isn't going to work well, in general

I mix the powder to neogenic a few seconds before applying and this has been key to provide a consistent protection from androgen all these years and keep my hair very short

I think that someone who says that minoxidil made his hair worse isn't going to respond well to hair treatments for regular male pattern baldness in general

minoxidil made my hair very thick and strong and I was also a good responder to finasteride for the first 6 years

Also the original poster mentionned that other issues were diagnosed as cause of his hair loss which can explain the lack of effects

I think you could benefit from dermarolling, at the very least from the increased topical absorption (0.5 mm).

There are good stories and studies