I Feel Suicidal Over My Genetics And Here's Why..

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I know.

There are so many people worse off than me. I could of been born disabled, a midget, with cancer etc etc.
However, knowing this just doesn't make me feel any better.

I can't get over how bad my genetics are.
I'm below average height, receding hairline, NATURALLY PALE and dark circles under my eyes. My face is also very average with little/no jawline.
People in High School used to say things like 'you look like you're on drugs' or 'you look like a ghost'.

Fortunately (unfortunately) i got "red pilled" at a very early age (16). During this time, i would often visit the 'misc' forum (body building forum). When i was 16 there was this 'troll' who would post things such as 'face is everything' , 'if you're ugly you're fucked' etc. I was very impressionable at this time. As i went to parties i started noticing how easy it was for my tall good looking friends to get girls. I started realising how ugly i was.

Fast forward a few years later and i began attempting everything i could to make myself more attractive. I cut to very very low body fat (sub 10%). I tanned, dressed well, changed my hair style (when i had hair) etc.
All of a sudden i noticed such a difference.

God, how people treated you differently.
- People and women would generally always smile at you
- People would seem more lenient to you
- Women would make eye contact with you and have a look of attraction in their eyes
- People were just generally nicer to you
- Women seemed happy that you were in their company.

Unfortunately for me, this was unsustainable. I started working full time and have lost my looks.
i look like my old high school self.

When i make eye contact with women they act as if i smell bad.
People no longer treat me well.
Women act as if i have a disease.

I feel so depressed.
Ugly people will never understand how easy life is being good looking. This isn't a joke.
I know people will say 'i bet your personalty changed, and you were more confident when you were good looking'. This is 100% bull sh*t. Because i would fast for hours and hardly eat, i was actually very anxious and not very social (social anxiety).
I'm a lot better socially now yet people treat me like chit and women hate me.

It's farked. I can't stop thinking about this and being depressed about this.
What can i do?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you can try to be better looking again if it's important to you.

I've never been good looking, but it's something I've always wanted. So I continue to work toward it. No, I will never be tall or effortlessly handsome. But I can at least continue to improve or fix some of the things I don't like.

Fixing my hair was one of the big ones, so it's brought me great satisfaction to be close to a final outcome on that.

Next will be reworking my jaws.

What else can anyone do?

Also stop hanging out with good looking people. There is no benefit and it will only make you more depressed to see the lives they live on a regular basis.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
attitude is a key

winner will win with ugly looks

whiny looser will lose with Chiko/opry looks

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds as if you simply let yourself go and realized you lost all of the perks that came with your previously reinvented looks. Is this a shock? You said yourself that you were "redpilled" at a young age about all this sh*t

You know what to do, so get back on it.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
stop being a pussy, man up, xanax and approach

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP is probably yet another BDD case. i suspect it considering he hasnt answered my question yet and says "below average height" instead of his actual height

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol thats not what it means. feeling sh*t about your looks despite looking good is BDD

all these psycho norwood 1.2s here acting like its the end of the world lmfao. (@Baldingat188 ) 5'9 "midgets" hahaha (@CopeForLife )
Every single person has some feature of his/her external appearance,some imaginary problem, that feels inferior about and wants to change.
Short people want to be taller...Tall people often times feel too tall for others.
Pale people want to be darker...Dark people want to be paler.
Women with small breasts want augmentation...women with large breasts wish they had smaller.
Most people are unsatisfied with their nose,lips,ears,hairline etc.
And you will find the same insecurities in top model level people,as well as in average and below average looking people.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
BDD is when you become obsessive with a certain flaw. You think about it all the time and dwell on it all the time. Most people will not notice the flaw as much as you do. And you cannot function normally due to your flaw. But its not imaginary either. It's like making a mountain out of a mole hill. Most people obsess over either their nose, hair, skin, physique/body/height, or even their penis size or breast size.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but the imaginary issue is obviously nothing compared to the real thing. dont try to justify it lol

thats like saying my anxiety over death is as bad as a soldier who ACTUALLY has to worry about dying

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats like saying my anxiety over death is as bad as a soldier who ACTUALLY has to worry about dying
It can be even worse than his...trust me.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol thats not what it means. feeling sh*t about your looks despite looking good is BDD

all these psycho norwood 1.2s here acting like its the end of the world lmfao. (@Baldingat188 ) 5'9 "midgets" hahaha (@CopeForLife )

That depends on your definition of "looking good." I could give a sh*t if people think I look good the way I am; if anything, it makes me feel worse since the stuff they point out (my height, size) is stuff that I think is unattractive. I don't care if other people think being tall or big is a good thing. There's no universal standard about looks that invalidates someone's opinion of themselves.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
but the imaginary issue is obviously nothing compared to the real thing. dont try to justify it lol

I wasn't justifying anything. Just stating the definition of BDD. I just don't understand why you need to attack anything I say.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain OP! I went from being a guy who women would hit on all the time to becoming almost invisible within a 5 year time period. Baldness sucks but worrying about it sucks more! Best not dwell on it!