I Dropped Finasteride. What's Happening? (positive!)

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been 2 months since I dropped finasteride and I must say I'm doing great. I've always said I never really suffered from serious side effects but now that I'm not taking it anymore I feel completely different. I'm not as tired, stressful and anxious anymore. Actually, most days are really good. My sex life is also better (also according to my girlfriend). I have more control even though I'm hornier and it's just better in general. Now that I feel like this I'm sure I'm never going to touch antiandrogens again.

But most surprisingly my hair and scalp feel and look very healthy. Since I dropped finasteride I started taking a natural vitamin B complex and a Zinc tab daily. I also started washing my hair almost daily with an anti dandruff shampoo. And guess what? 0,000000% itching. Before my scalp was burning like hell throughout the day. Such a relieve and a good sign if you ask me.
It also looks like there are tiny hairs on my hairline, that are growing again. I'm not sure I'll have to wait it out, it could also be miniaturized hair.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been 2 months since I dropped finasteride and I must say I'm doing great. I've always said I never really suffered from serious side effects but now that I'm not taking it anymore I feel completely different. I'm not as tired, stressful and anxious anymore. Actually, most days are really good. My sex life is also better (also according to my girlfriend). I have more control even though I'm hornier and it's just better in general. Now that I feel like this I'm sure I'm never going to touch antiandrogens again.

But most surprisingly my hair and scalp feel and look very healthy. Since I dropped finasteride I started taking a natural vitamin B complex and a Zinc tab daily. I also started washing my hair almost daily with an anti dandruff shampoo. And guess what? 0,000000% itching. Before my scalp was burning like hell throughout the day. Such a relieve and a good sign if you ask me.
It also looks like there are tiny hairs on my hairline, that are growing again. I'm not sure I'll have to wait it out, it could also be miniaturized hair.

finasteride probably permanently raised your testosterone, as it did mine. Go get a blood test and get it checked out. It's nice, because I am f*cking beast in the gym / work, but the night time boners are killing me. I also have very rapid hair loss and intense inflammation because of this. Hopefully, this won't happen to you.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, both you guys gave me some advice just over a year ago regarding hair loss treatments, just wondering, but how come youve gotten off propecia? I have been taking it for a year and just suddenly stopped 6 weeks ago. Not sure why really? I'm not okay with going bald at all and it was working for me, all be it with some side effects... just curious to know your guys reasons? Thanks in advance, James.

James227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, same really. Just started all of a sudden... went from nothing to it just coming out everywhere... all over my clothes, pillow, towel, loads coming out in the shower Andy when I combed it. Very stressful. How long were you on on it for pal?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, same really. Just started all of a sudden... went from nothing to it just coming out everywhere... all over my clothes, pillow, towel, loads coming out in the shower Andy when I combed it. Very stressful. How long were you on on it for pal?

For 1,5 year

g.i joey

Reaction score
Op I can relate, I took finasteride for 15 months and still lost some ground. It's a week I'm off the meds and I feel fucken great!! I never really had sexual sides but the mental sides had taken a serious toll on me... from the anxiety to not finding the right words when speaking to someone, all of that is gone. Unfortunately I'm gonna enjoy it for another week or 2 and get back on.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing so well! No more stress. Really, I can't complain. I got a big promotion at work. I'm lean and fit. And my girlfriend and I are doing amazing. AND look at my hair! Just by replacing Finasteride for a Vitamin B-complex and a zinc tab daily and a dandruff shampoo ~3 times a week. How is this possible? You can see a lot of regrowth on my hairline.

I waited a while to post an update because I wasn't quite sure what was happening. Even though I increasingly started to feel better after dropping finasteride. And like I said now I'm doing great.

IMG_4243.jpg IMG_4245.jpg

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You barely seem to have any hairloss. Hairline seems solid. What norwood are you and were before finasteride?

Gfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing so well! No more stress. Really, I can't complain. I got a big promotion at work. I'm lean and fit. And my girlfriend and I are doing amazing. AND look at my hair! Just by replacing Finasteride for a Vitamin B-complex and a zinc tab daily and a dandruff shampoo ~3 times a week. How is this possible? You can see a lot of regrowth on my hairline.

I waited a while to post an update because I wasn't quite sure what was happening. Even though I increasingly started to feel better after dropping finasteride. And like I said now I'm doing great.

View attachment 76794 View attachment 76795

Can we see some pictures before using finasteride and during? Im thinking about stopping finasteride because it seems since using it my hair has become a lot worse very quickly

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did your scalp itch before you started finasteride?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 76794 View attachment 76795
I lost ground fast on finasteride too, dropped it a month and a half ago and still shedding, when did it stop for you? Hair is looking fantastic by the way.

shookwun

Reaction score
Dont worry, you will be back on soon enough. Once you get passed this 'girlfriend loves me, lifes just dandy-acceptance' stage in your life.

The fact that you went on shows how much you care. A lot of us have been through this stage where we go on, and not think much of it and come off.

:D

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shookwun XDD

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we see some pictures before using finasteride and during? Im thinking about stopping finasteride because it seems since using it my hair has become a lot worse very quickly

I’ll try to upload some pictures later

Did your scalp itch before you started finasteride?

Yes, and after a while it started to get worse when I was on finasteride.

I lost ground fast on finasteride too, dropped it a month and a half ago and still shedding, when did it stop for you? Hair is looking fantastic by the way.

After ~2 weeks it decreased. After ~4 weeks it stoppes. Keeping my scalp clean plays a key role, I think.

Dont worry, you will be back on soon enough. Once you get passed this 'girlfriend loves me, lifes just dandy-acceptance' stage in your life.

The fact that you went on shows how much you care. A lot of us have been through this stage where we go on, and not think much of it and come off.

:D

Maybe, but I talked it through with my gf. I’m never getting back on it. I’m feeling so much better mentally.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I dropped finasteride I started taking a natural vitamin B complex and a Zinc tab daily.
Can you name us the brands of these products?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have also dropped minoxidil ?
man as much as it sucks ; those like me who lose ground on propecia is because of the strong male pattern baldness genetic .
I don't think propecia can worsen hairloss

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you name us the brands of these products?

Garden of Life RAW Vitamin B complex
Essential Organic Zinc
Sanex shampoo

you have also dropped minoxidil ?
man as much as it sucks ; those like me who lose ground on propecia is because of the strong male pattern baldness genetic .
I don't think propecia can worsen hairloss

Yea I also dropped minoxidil (it has been a while)