I Dropped Finasteride. What's Happening? (positive!)

g.i joey

Reaction score
you have also dropped minoxidil ?
man as much as it sucks ; those like me who lose ground on propecia is because of the strong male pattern baldness genetic .
I don't think propecia can worsen hairloss

Yup, this. Although i saw no improvement on propecia, it was questionable if i was actually losing ground. When i want off it for almost 2 months i saw what real hair deterioration looks like. Went back on dat b**ch quicker than OP was losing his erections

Big o

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vesemir how is your hair doing now , I have just quit Finasteride after 7 months of constant shedding and a lot of thinning. I have been off a week now And feel shedding has slightly decreased. Just wondering how your hair is now and if you have any advice for me. Cheers

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vesemir how is your hair doing now , I have just quit Finasteride after 7 months of constant shedding and a lot of thinning. I have been off a week now And feel shedding has slightly decreased. Just wondering how your hair is now and if you have any advice for me. Cheers
I'm interested in knowing how he is doing as well! Wonder if he still uses the sanex dandruff shampoo?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm interested in knowing how he is doing as well! Wonder if he still uses the sanex dandruff shampoo?

Haven't been on this forum for a long time because I'm doing very good! I'm only using two things for my hair: Regenepure DR (with ketoconazole) almost every day and a vitamine B complex. Besides that I'm working out 4-5 times a week, which is making me feel a lot better in general.
I stopped caring about every single hair that was falling out and this reduced my anxiety and stress so much. My scalp feels good and itch free! People told me my hair looks better, which is very nice to hear. It took me a while but being mentally stable is way more important than having a thick hairline. finasteride messed with my head and screwed up my hair, so I'm not touching that stuff ever again! I was lucky enough to get a lot of regrowth when I dropped it.

Hair.jpeg

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know man.. I mean I guess I’m happy for you that you’re doing well, but it just sounds a bit weird to me. Having male pattern baldness, dropping all proven meds to take some vit B/Zinc tablets and then having magical regrowth and a healthy head of hair. I’m not calling you a liar or anything man, no hate, but it makes me doubt you had aggressive male pattern baldness to begin with. I can imagine it must be nice to not be on meds and feel great mentally. Without not acknowledging the serious mental sides some people seem to have on fina, I also think the relief of not being on a hormone altering drug anymore can be a reason why some people tend to feel much better mentally after coming off.

Anyway, probably the most important thing is that you feel good and happy now so I salute you for that. I hope you can keep your hair as it does look really good mate!

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss after stopping Finasteride normally resumes around month 3-4 afterward and in some cases, the hairloss is quite large. This is what numerous studies suggest, and my experience was certainly what the studies indicated.

HLV

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't been on this forum for a long time because I'm doing very good! I'm only using two things for my hair: Regenepure DR (with ketoconazole) almost every day and a vitamine B complex. Besides that I'm working out 4-5 times a week, which is making me feel a lot better in general.
I stopped caring about every single hair that was falling out and this reduced my anxiety and stress so much. My scalp feels good and itch free! People told me my hair looks better, which is very nice to hear. It took me a while but being mentally stable is way more important than having a thick hairline. finasteride messed with my head and screwed up my hair, so I'm not touching that stuff ever again! I was lucky enough to get a lot of regrowth when I dropped it.

View attachment 119863
Any before pictures?