I Did A Buzz No Guard For The First Time...

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
They were classic days. Then one day (before I was a mod); there was a policy of banning the lowest ranked members iirc. The ones with the most reds basically. So most "running" nofap, natural game faced the firing squad for their crimes. As well as the aggressive very unstable.

I remember the day when that all went down. Some of those guys deserved it though. They were spreading BS and they knew it.

resu

Reaction score
I actually contemplated using melanotan 2 once and started reading about it and freaked out a bit the moles. I might give it a try very much later on.

Thanks guys, but I'm not remotely close to a fullhead, I was using Toppik every single day for a year and a half until a month ago when I decided to quit entirely. I will post pics at the bottom of this post to show. Finasteride + minoxidil plus other various supplements (doubt if they supps did much tho) eventually helped me get my hair to where I felt confident to not use a concealer anymore and there only a bit of visible thinning. One 'trick' that helped my hair in terms of visual appearance is natural black henna dye, it colored my hair to a stronger black than it naturally is and it helped all the vellus and thinner lifeless hairs look more alive, and the dye would stay quite good for over a month, I only discovered about the henna a few months ago tho.

Oh lawd, don't remind me about the bring please... It was a very irrational split second decision, I was cleaning up my cheekline with a straight razor and all of the sudden I got this urge to destroy, it felt like a demon took me over, in one swift stroke from the top of my cheekline down the jawline and 11 months of beard growing and pampering were over. I didn't have the patience to grow it again so I'd just keep some stubble and that's it. On the plus side, I actually got much better attention from women without the beard, and it was a relief being able to not pick out food crumbs out of the beard.

I buzzcut my head cuz I stopped all my hair treatment due to me not feeling very well since a few months ago, I don't wanna get into that here but the thread's over here. I'm not gonna resume any hair loss meds or any supps altogether till I get better and I will most likely have to take meds for anxiety/depression soon enough. I noticed starting to lose ground on my hair so I thought was the heck let's give the buzzcut a try.

Pics from June 2016 (2 months into propecia), my hair was looking worse than ever
View attachment 48823 View attachment 48824 View attachment 48825 View attachment 48826 View attachment 48827

Pis from October 2016, 6 months propecia + 3 months minoxidil:
View attachment 48828 View attachment 48829 View attachment 48830 View attachment 48831

Then in December my hair looked better than ever that I felt like using Toppik was not really all that necessary and I'd rather have some thinning areas but not use that sh*t anymore. I'm sorry tho that I didn't take pics from December, but even my family all mentioned my hair's looking pretty good. Then around mid December I started not feeling well and it's been a roller coaster and I dropped meds usage to maybe twice a week at most and then altogether quit everything for a month.

Damn, Toppik worked great on your hair. Black hair is probably the best case scenario for it to work.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck.
I'm on 3 faps a day only. I'm hoping that will work.
I promise it does make you feel better. Its not a miracle cure but it will give you more energy and make you feel more alive the longer you do it.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looking gr8 bro it really suits i was in the same position like u I shaved my head for the first time cuz i want to try a hair system that ended in a disaster
I envy u for ur beard man i am a hairy dude but i can't grow out a full beard
is ur beard gains from minoxidil or genetics?
Well first things first, like everyone already told you, the bald looks suits you great, you have good tan and skin, and also a great physique. Guys that fit your looks criteria usually almost always have a decent looking girlfriend.
As for my beard, I started using minoxidil on it only after I was already growing it out for over 6 months, the main reason was because I wanted my stache and soul-patch to get better as those were my weak areas, but I ended up applying minoxidil literally all over my entire beard including the sideburns, and I had to waste a lot of minoxidil to cover that beard as it was really hard to put it on with a long beard. I continued using minoxidil for 2 months even after I shaved off my beard. I think that minoxidil helped my beard a little bit, but not much, but, now that I quit using it, it looks like I lost all the minoxidil gains, in fact, I think my beard looks even worse than before minoxidil LOL. But they say that any minoxidil gains are supposed to be permanent or at least 70% permanent, and the guys that are saying minoxidil made their beard worse after they quit is very rare. Another thing that helped was to use black henna dye for the beard and it made the beard look blacker and thicker and helped me color my white hairs.

As others have said, this look doesn't look bad at all. In combo with the beard, you don't look bad at all. Keeping it buzzed while waiting for full treatment results isn't a bad idea. Maybe in the summer you can grow it out and see where you are at? From your pics it looks like you are responding well to treatments. Some might disagree, but at this point I think you have too much hair to shave it down. Not necessary at all.
Alright, thanks dude. Looking back on pictures on my phone that I took obsessively I realized that it took time, perhaps over 6-7 months, but it paid off and my hair was eventually looking much better than before. At the moment I'm already 2 months off all treatments. It's really weird how I looked fine with the side comb and longer hair and now that it's short I look quite bald like, NW1.5-NW2 hairline with diffuse pattern of NW4.5.

Damn, Toppik worked great on your hair. Black hair is probably the best case scenario for it to work.
I lived with Toppik for 1.5 years every single day, it's very addictive and I would not recommend it to anyone. It sells an illusion which is very hard to step out of and go back to the real world. Before the meds started working, I had to use quit a bit of Toppik, and hypothetically speaking, if a hot girl were to offer me free sex I would have to think twice about the proposition as I'd be really worried if she runs her hands through my hair she'd literally get black sh*t over it. One time after benching in the gym, I got up and realised I left a black powdery stain on my white towel, so it felt like I was always on the lookout with Toppik for wind,water, or just anyone randomly touching my hair. Only in Dec 2016 - Jan 2017 I felt like I don't really need Toppik and it's better to look slightly more thinning and natural than use Toppik to hide a bit of thinning. But now I'm without treatments so I'm literally back to square 1.

shookwun

Reaction score
Toppik is sh*t

Use dermmatch

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen, you're the man. Don't sweat the small stuff in life.

Kidney function is much more important. Someone close to me almost died from that, and almost had
chronic kidney failure.

Your health and happiness are more important than your hair. I can get dislikes until peoples fingers get
blisters. I don't give a sh*t. Happiness matters.

Best of luck to your health.

Lol, thanks for cheering me up :)
I completely disregarded my kidney function until now, usually guys with PKD should be eating like 50 something grams of protein a day and I was eating 150~200g for a long time, not to mention took tons of supplements that aren't really that healthy specifically for me in the long run.
When you take your overall well being for granted then you can b**ch and whine about how the lesser things are "ruining your life". Only now I realize how as your said things like health, happiness, overall well being and more more important. But obviously it's very hard to comprehend this, at least not until you experience it. Best of luck to your health as well!

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik is sh*t

Use dermmatch

I f*****g agree man. That sh*t is a blessing and a curse... Looks good from afar but I felt like I was always on the lookout and worried about people noticing. I've tried quite a few hair fiber brands like Nanogen, Toppik, Caboki, and some cheap chinese, indian and japanese brands as well. Honestly it felt like to me like literally they're all more or less the same sh*t and even sometimes the cheaper unknown brands would do a better job.
Although once my hair got better on finasteride + minoxidil then I started using less and less fibers and towards the ends of my concealer usage I got to the stage where the hair fibers were virtually unnoticeable even if you were to fluff my hair as I barely had to use any. And once I stopped using a concealer I realised I'm better off without it.
I'm just glad I managed to quit my concealer addiction as previously I couldn't leave my house without using it, even if it was just to go to the grocery store for a few minutes.

Btw, never tried Dermatch even tho I heard about it that it's pretty good, but at the time I couldn't be bothered to use a redirecting shipping company to get it over here. I probably will never touch a concealer ever again in my life.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Closing in on 1 month no fap. I think I might have edged for a minutes once (TMI i know) but that's it. No idea why I'm even doing it, guess I just felt like I wanted a change from the norm for once. It's been nearly 3 months now that I'm suffering from head pressures literally all day, so even if there are any benefits I'm not really experiencing it with the other sh*t that's going on in my head. But if anything, I end up checking out girls and much older women that I wouldn't even give a glance had I fapped before.