I am shocked!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
how in the hell are people friends with each other if they're talking **** 0_0

isn't the whole point of being friends caring for another human?

I think the definition of 'friends' has changed a lot in our generation Exodus2011. It's basically all become about who has it the best really, who's taller, better looking, has better hair, better skin, etcetera. A lot of it has to do with social media, technology continuing to improve while human communication keeps getting worse.

Baldie_86

Reaction score
how in the hell are people friends with each other if they're talking **** 0_0

isn't the whole point of being friends caring for another human?
There is a little difference beween a innocent joke and talking ****.

Are you saying me that you never make jokes (I repeat, not mean) with your friends? They are your friends for god's sake, not your work colleagues.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
big difference between an innocent joke and joking on someone's flaws

you and your group dont sound like they are such good friends tbh

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Friends can diss flaws. Trust me you would just know and same for them about what is too far and ok, but thats just me and my friends cant speak for everyone else.

Baldie_86

Reaction score
big difference between an innocent joke and joking on someone's flaws

you and your group dont sound like they are such good friends tbh

You don't know me neither my friends, but just because we make fun of our flaws (maybe beacuse we have learned to accept them?) you think you can judge us "bad friends".

Congrats.

Oh, and we mock each other also about other flaws of ourselves, not only physical.

I know, we are monsters.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
why do u guys have to make fun of each others flaws tho? i dont get it

We dont mean it in a bad way we just joke with each other, same with anything else like clothes etc you just know when its ok to do it and when not to, when you are very close to someone you just...know.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
you didnt answer why you do it in the first place though

Its just what some friends do dude i cant think of an answer but we dont mean it in a bad way, just dont look into it to much again when you are close you just know...you just know. You just cant take things seriously all the time.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so laughing at someone's misfortune is wat u do when ur close? ok then *scarcasm*

i think ur in denial

and u kno wat? i joke about agreed upon flaws with my friends too, and i do it to feel superior

im not in denial

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
so laughing at someone's misfortune is wat u do when ur close? ok then *scarcasm*

i think ur in denial

and u kno wat? i joke about agreed upon flaws with my friends too, and i do it to feel superior

im not in denial

Oh Exodus cause you feel that way dont mean we all do, again we are close we wouldnt do it if it harmed each other. We dont care about our "flaws" hence why we joke, its what some friends do but if it isnt your thing then fair enough. There is a difference between a joke with close friends, and a full on insult to strangers and even friends, nothing more needs to be said.

Baldie_86

Reaction score
Oh Exodus cause you feel that way dont mean we all do, again we are close we wouldnt do it if it harmed each other. We dont care about our "flaws" hence why we joke, its what some friends do but if it isnt your thing then fair enough. There is a difference between a joke with close friends, and a full on insult to strangers and even friends, nothing more needs to be said.

Thank god someone who understand it, thank you my friend.

In a blink of an eye we moved from innocent jokes between friends to "saying hurtful things", I don't know if you don't understand it or simply you don't want to.
What's the point about these speeches on "true friendship"? They have nothing to do with what I was saying and, frankly, they are pretty stupid because when we talk about things like friendship or love there is not a universal definition about how they need to be.

A more open minded mentality would be appreciated, thanks.

Baldie_86

Reaction score
Not matter how you want to paint it and keep an open mind about it, a friendship where friends make each other feel bad by attacking their flaws isn't a friendship.

Moral relativism is cancer in my opinion.

Yeah let's keep an open mind about everything, all is equal, "you cannot judge!", nothing is right or wrong, etc.

F-ck that. I will judge, and yes, I believe there are people who are just better than others at building healthy friendships and relationships.

That's how Western society has sunk so low, morally and socially. A lot of people are unhappy and on psychiatric medication.

And then you have guys saying you cannot criticize people who are unhappy and suggest that maybe, maybe it's because of their choices.

Maybe they're wrong. And maybe you're wrong when you say it's normal for friends to mock each other.

I'm talking about baldness here. People are fully aware of how much it hurts, which is exactly why they rub it in your face.

This is the point, you think we feel bad about it.
We don't.

If it was the contrary, we wouldn't do it.
I mean, you know what you can do or don't with your friends.

My best friend is capable to beat you if you speak about his family, so I never said a word.
With one of my other friends, we spent hours making jokes about our moms, you know, like in the movie "White men can't jump" (love that movie).
Got the point?

You can't be absolute on how people should behave and feel, wheatever is friendship or love or other things, because you have to understand that people have different ways to feel about the same thing.
What is important is not hurt other people.

And that is valid also for baldness.
Because you was affected so much do you really think everyone should react in the same way you did?
Do you really think all bald people feel the same way you felt?
Each human being is different in its own way; if not, it would be a boring life, don't you think?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I said before I know everyone wouldn't react the same way I did.

Losing all my hair in my teens made me go through major depression, chronic anxiety and lead me to spend months in psychiatry.

I know most everyone wouldn't react like that. No, most people would just commit suicide if that happened to them.

Yeah, it takes a truly strong person to survive baldness in your teens to early 20's. And without being modest, I'm actually so proud of myself for still being alive after over 3 years of experiencing baldness. There is nothing positive about baldness, but if I had to mention something it would be that I'm a much stronger person now than before baldness. If I can take this much pain (that comes from living with baldness), I can survive pretty much anything. Like Fred has said before; going through baldness in your teens to early 20's is among the worst things that could ever happen to you.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to bald when you're only a teens, which happened to me, is quite painful. I've felt the sting of hair loss and wouldn't ever want that to happen to anyone.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
How tall are you?
190 cm

OK then /thread

Fred how is this /thread, you're approx this tall yourself IIRC but you still suffer from pretty extreme BDD about hair loss...

Also:

I said before I know everyone wouldn't react the same way I did.

Losing all my hair in my teens made me go through major depression, chronic anxiety and lead me to spend months in psychiatry.

I know most everyone wouldn't react like that. No, most people would just commit suicide if that happened to them.

Most people who go bald in their teens/early twenties are dead on the inside. Continuing to live when you go bald that early isn't courageous, it's torture. (In that frame of thought it does make you courageous Fred, I realize haha)

When you think about it, it's so fcking bizarre that the only thing that keeps me alive is a pill containing 0.5mg of a chemical + a few ml of another chemical.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Characteristics of BDD

BDD is a body-image disorder characterized by persistent and intrusive preoccupations with an imagined or slight defect in one's appearance.

So being NW5 by the age of 22 is a slight defect?

Being tall saved me from being incel. If I had been short, the dating game was over for me.

Hmm I didn't know slight was used in the definition of BDD. Maybe they mean slight as in "not missing a complete limb"? I agree it's pretty weird. Perhaps the definition was made by a fullhead lol.

Yeah good thing you're tall indeed. Were you a virgin before you started balding very notacibly? I recall you saying that minoxidil worked really well for a while, so I guess you had a decent had of hair until 17-18? Also, what do you think is a minimum cut-off point for height in our countries? I'm not that short (6'0") but I happen to live in Holland so I'm below average here, fml. Well, you know how it is over here since we're neighbours and I'm guessing it's about the same in Belgium.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are a lot of tall people in Belgium too. 6'3 (my height) is still only 1% of the male population though.

I was a virgin until the age of 21. Minoxidil gave me amazing growth for a year an a half from mid-2010 to mid-2011.

Ah sucks that you lost your virginity quite some time after male pattern baldness started, I actually know that feel. I used to feel a lot of time pressure: "ah f*ck I need to have sex quickly or else nobody wants to anymore". In this way, baldness in its early stages is actually a pretty good motivator to get laid as often as possible, since I won't have that option anymore once I am too far gone.