I am shocked!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've said hair is not imperative. Since I got laid with no hair many times.

I said you needed to have compensatory physical features: height, good face, good head shape, tan, large frame, etc.

You gave the usual BS about personality and confidence. Pay attention.

OK sorry you're right, not imperative, you just need the stars to align and have all of the attractive qualities that literally at least 95% of men do not have, so for 5% of bald Belgian men "baldness isn't such a big deal". As for the other 95%? You're not one of them so they don't matter, and your statement still holds as generally correct?

If it's not a big deal then fair enough, but please have some consistency in what you're saying. You went from saying generally it's not a big deal for Belgians to be bald, that's a pretty big generalising statement but fine we all make those, now you've gone from saying it's not a big deal for 1 in 20 guys.

Please pay attention to what you're actually saying and how foolish you look. Either take back that bull**** about it not being a big deal, or admit that it is a big deal for many, many men. It's one or the other, it can't be both.

Now that's BS.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK so being bald in Europe isn't such a big deal? Please just clarify that before I go on.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Freds delusional from all the years of severe mental trauma dont worry about his negative views
Realism my *** , more like im a **** **** so I'll make everyone feel the same

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Freds delusional from all the years of severe mental trauma dont worry about his negative views

The realism is basically "any sign of baldness" equates to the end of your life.

blackg

Reaction score
Fred is NOT delusional, son. Fred speaks of a world that is out there.....just waiting for your ***. You'll see!

Johannes

Banned
Reaction score
I've never said that. Was my life over when I started balding? Nope?

Did it become way less pleasant and filled with more daily struggles? Definitely.

As horrible as it was. People wouldn't pass in front of me pointing and laughing at my bald head like uncomfortable man experienced.

Does the term alpha male still exist today in our society, taking evolution in consideration?

People here know my most horrible experience with baldness. It wasn't with Belgians, but in an Irish bar.

Tell me winnyblues, how would you react to a group of five men singing "HE HAS NO HAIR" in front of an entire bar watching you?

It wouldn't traumatize you at all, right? Because you're that much of an alpha male.

You would have taken them all down with your Bruce Lee skills?! ... Was that racist? :p

Does the term alpha male still exists in 2015, or did the human species stop evolving?

wakeupbomb1234

Reaction score
I was going to post this as a new thread, but I'm not able to do this yet, so I'll post it here.

Watch this advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC0QN__h2-U

Four of the women in the advert chose the following twelve characteristics:

French
Tall
Stylish
Dark
Tall
Strong
Tall
Dark
Muscles
Humour
Sexy
Money

This is why I chosen to have a hair transplant recently because otherwise I'm probably going to die alone. That's the reality of the situation. And I actually have some of those qualities! I'm quite tall, I have a pretty decent physique, better than average, and I'm reasonably well off financially. It's still not enough to get a decent woman because they all want (and believe that they're going to get) someone tall, DARK and handsome.

The ones that don't mention hair probably just assume that their ideal guy will have hair and that they don't need to mention this. Certainly you could ask 100 women, and I would be surprised if any of them listed 'bald' as one of the three characteristics.

To some extent you can compensate with socio-economic status, but this is less important than looks. I was tall and dark, I certainly am not any more! So you're in the bin straight away.

What I would say is, firstly, it's a good thing that women are now being honest about their desires, instead of pretending that confidence or a good sense of humour are important. And, secondly, I don't blame women for this, and I'm not bitter about it, because they're just following their biological programming. It's no more possible for them to change this than it is for me to not be attracted to a Playboy model.

I think some of the threads in this forum slightly exaggerate the impact of being bald. But you can forget about the BS that people come out with about being yourself. If you're not attractive, it's much better to be someone else, otherwise you will inevitably experience poor outcomes in life.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to post this as a new thread, but I'm not able to do this yet, so I'll post it here.

Watch this advert:

French
Tall
Stylish
Dark
Tall
Strong
Tall
Dark
Muscles
Humour
Sexy
Money

This is why I chosen to have a hair transplant recently because otherwise I'm probably going to die alone. That's the reality of the situation. And I actually have some of those qualities! I'm quite tall, I have a pretty decent physique, better than average, and I'm reasonably well off financially. It's still not enough to get a decent woman because they all want (and believe that they're going to get) someone tall, DARK and handsome.

The ones that don't mention hair probably just assume that their ideal guy will have hair and that they don't need to mention this. Certainly you could ask 100 women, and I would be surprised if any of them listed 'bald' as one of the three characteristics.

To some extent you can compensate with socio-economic status, but this is less important than looks. I was tall and dark, I certainly am not any more! So you're in the bin straight away.

What I would say is, firstly, it's a good thing that women are now being honest about their desires, instead of pretending that confidence or a good sense of humour are important. And, secondly, I don't blame women for this, and I'm not bitter about it, because they're just following their biological programming. It's no more possible for them to change this than it is for me to not be attracted to a Playboy model.

I think some of the threads in this forum slightly exaggerate the impact of being bald. But you can forget about the BS that people come out with about being yourself. If you're not attractive, it's much better to be someone else, otherwise you will inevitably experience poor outcomes in life.

Really good post.

Also, it's important to distinguish between what people say they want and say they like, and what they actually want and like. This isn't to say that anybody's "lying", I'm sure women are being honest when they say they put ethics, intelligence, sense of humour first, they're just mistaken. What people want is in the reptilian brain, so to speak, sex has been around on this planet for ~1.3 billion years. Primate intelligence and things like a sense of humour, on the other hand, has been around for a few million years at most.

As for being yourself, or whatever, I think it's good advice in that nobody is a good actor, nobody is good at pretending. However, as a long-term project, it may help to improve yourself, improve yourself for real. In that situation you will still "be yourself", only the self will have changed.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Watch this advert:

French
Tall
Stylish
Dark
Tall
Strong
Tall
Dark
Muscles
Humour
Sexy
Money

But but but but..... CONFIDENCE!!

wakeupbomb1234

Reaction score
But but but but..... CONFIDENCE!!
Note that no-one said confidence. None of the five women listed confidence, so it had a 0% incidence among 15 characteristics.

- - - Updated - - -

Really good post.

Also, it's important to distinguish between what people say they want and say they like, and what they actually want and like. This isn't to say that anybody's "lying", I'm sure women are being honest when they say they put ethics, intelligence, sense of humour first, they're just mistaken. What people want is in the reptilian brain, so to speak, sex has been around on this planet for ~1.3 billion years. Primate intelligence and things like a sense of humour, on the other hand, has been around for a few million years at most.

As for being yourself, or whatever, I think it's good advice in that nobody is a good actor, nobody is good at pretending. However, as a long-term project, it may help to improve yourself, improve yourself for real. In that situation you will still "be yourself", only the self will have changed.
There are a lot of social pressures on people to say what they think people want to hear. I do believe that for women these pressures are breaking down now because they essentially control the dating market (this is partly men's fault for bombarding them with attention). It's a good thing that we've become more aware that base physical attractiveness, the reptilian brain as you rightly point out, is important, as at least we will know where we stand.

In terms of being yourself, I think it's often described as being the best version of yourself. But what I would say is that for some guys being the best versions of themselves still won't be good enough. We can easily identify the arbiters of male physical attraction, these have been well established:

Tall
Dark hair or if not then thick hair
Broad shoulders
Square Jaw
'Golden ratio' between shoulders and waist (approx 1.6:1)
Chiselled features

If you have none of those six things, if you're skinny / fat, short and bald, you've had it. You might as well start concentrating on your career 100% because that is going to be your best hope of digging yourself out of your situation. Then you can get a hair transplant and at least remedy the situation somewhat!

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Note that no-one said confidence. None of the five women listed confidence, so it had a 0% incidence among 15 characteristics.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of social pressures on people to say what they think people want to hear. I do believe that for women these pressures are breaking down now because they essentially control the dating market (this is partly men's fault for bombarding them with attention). It's a good thing that we've become more aware that base physical attractiveness, the reptilian brain as you rightly point out, is important, as at least we will know where we stand.

In terms of being yourself, I think it's often described as being the best version of yourself. But what I would say is that for some guys being the best versions of themselves still won't be good enough. We can easily identify the arbiters of male physical attraction, these have been well established:

Tall
Dark hair or if not then thick hair
Broad shoulders
Square Jaw
'Golden ratio' between shoulders and waist (approx 1.6:1)
Chiselled features

If you have none of those six things, if you're skinny / fat, short and bald, you've had it. You might as well start concentrating on your career 100% because that is going to be your best hope of digging yourself out of your situation. Then you can get a hair transplant and at least remedy the situation somewhat!
ugh yep so true. white knights have ****ed things up

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I read some topics in this section, and I’m really shocked! :O
I never tought baldness could influence so negatively a person's life.
I’m bald, I don’t like that for sure, but I have to say baldness didn’t affect at all my life (start to think I'm a very lucky one LOL).

I have sex regularly with pretty/hot girls, I didn’t experience any humiliation or mockery, I have a pretty good social life.
I would like to fix it, yes, it’s human to have the desire to improve aesthetically, but it’s not such a big deal.
And I know many guys in my situation (in Italy premature baldness is pretty common) who live normal lives despite hair loss.

I don’t know, maybe it’s the culture? Is baldness really viewed so negatively in the United States?
Where I live it is considered a physical flaw, sure, but not even close to the monstrous trait that is described here.
Maybe it is because it never bothers me too much? I can say that my attitude towards life didn't change (well, it changed a bit, but not because of hair loss).

I would like to discuss about that and, if I can, bring some positive contribution/advices to those who struggle a lot with hair loss.

In Italy, premature baldness is pretty common?? Really?? I live in the US and most Italian Americans that I see here have very full and thick heads of hair. I often tell some Italian American friends of mine that I wish that I was born Italian, so that I would probably not have suffered from hair loss so early.

Baldie_86

Reaction score
Hi guys, I notice you wrote a lot of posts in this topic.
Just post some thoughts.

@F2005: yes, very common.
Just made a google search and read an article from 2012 that says in Europe there are 30 million hair loss sufferer, more than 11 million are in Italy, 15% of them are teenagers and 30% women.
Here it’s rare to see a man in his 50’s with a full head of hair.

@wakeupbomb1234: sorry man but what you are saying is nonsense.
I mean, the ideal man for women has dark and thick hair? Ok, sounds reasonable to me.
But, you don’t need to have all that qualities to attract women.
Ok, just saw the video….seriously?

@FredTheBelgian: the mockery in the bar wasn’t pleasant, ok, but horrible?
C’mon man, they were just three jerks who were seeking for someone to annoy; and probably they discovered hair loss bothers you very much, because I mean, if they sing this song for every bald guy they meet they would spend all day singing.
From what I can say by reading your posts and topics you are far too obsessed with hair loss and fail to put this thing into perspective.
You were bald, now you are not anymore, happy for you, time to move on.

@WolfPack: Sabriana Salerno is a MILF :D

Baldie_86

Reaction score
Ok so they were just jerks and they were lucky to find your weak point.
The point is, you suffered too much for this mean joke because you were, and still are, too obsessed with baldness.
I mean, I took a look to your topic "how women see bald guys"....c'mon man, you can't be serious, you said you had sex with many girls while bald, don't you find this a contradiction?

Baldie_86

Reaction score
But you're right, no reason to be obsessed about it, especially when it's other people who constantly reminds you that there's a problem with your hair.

Again, you're one of these people who will try to bend over backwards to deny a simple and commonly accepted truth: bald men are seen as ugly and discriminated against.

1) Also to me, but frankly, who cares? They don't want to be mean, they are just curious and don't understand it can be tough for a person.
My friends often make jokes about my lack of hair, do you think they hurt my feelings? They're not mean, they just do what friends usually do, I also mock my friends for being short, or with a big nose, big ears, etc.
2)For you, for me is: bald men are seen as bald.
Who is right? We'll never know, but please don't be mad at me because I'm not agree with you, there is no point.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But why are they so curious? I thought baldness isn't supposed to matter? and btw mocking your friends about those things is wrong too. wtf is the point?

and there's no arguing fred's latter point, study after study and basic intuition/common sense show baldness will always downgrade your attractiveness. there's also a significant amount of discrimination from it, probably because it makes you uglier. it goes back to the "halo effect" which is how good looking people are treated better.

in this instance, though its more of a demon effect, where you are uglier so you are treated worse

Baldie_86

Reaction score
Well, when I started to shave my head to the bone, usually people at first asked me "why this extreme haircut"?
I was not so bald, more or less like Jude Law, I see everyday people with a situation worse than mine who don't shave yet, so I could see their point.
I thought that when I said people reminde(d) me of my hair problems.

What kind of friendship is the one where you aren't mocking your friends? It doesn't have to be done in a mean way or excessive though.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldie_86, I admire you because you practice what you preach. You're not some one with barely any hair loss (like a NW2) telling bald men that hair loss does not matter, when they themselves would NEVER shave their own heads. But apparently, you say that you're a NW5, shave your head, are secure, and that you still get women. I salute you for that and I truly wish that I could have an attitude like yours. Unfortunately I just do not feel that I'd be comfortable in my own skin as a bald man.

I agree with Fred though when he says that jokes and disses do hurt. I know guys who constantly make fun of their friends and say things to them that I would never even dream of saying to my own friends.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how in the hell are people friends with each other if they're talking **** 0_0

isn't the whole point of being friends caring for another human?