I am seriously considering castration: one contingency

drinkrum

Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
drinkrum said:
Evolutional significance of hair loss? That's absurd.

D.

i strongly suggest you spruce up on some reading

this is a great start

http://employees.csbsju.edu/lmealey/hot ... pter07.htm

I might even make a separate post about this

What was the point of that? I understand quite well hair loss in the context of evolution and anthropology. So? What does it have to do with anything?

D.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
to be honest, noone here is saying you have to be obsessed with porking loads of different girls.

but obviously girls are important to you, right? if its not for sex then its probably for the company, the companionship, affection...?

so if your friends are telling you that you still look fine and you can 'get the girls', then theres nothing to stop you from finding that companionship so stop pussying about!!

if most of this is because you want to feel attractive, or how you view yourself, then ok.....you obviously have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder (no offence meant, honestly). in a way, everyone on this board has that to some extent - jeez, some people can go bald and not even care that much. look at some members of our fathers and grandfathers generations! everyone on this board feels bad that theyre going bald, but you cant let it affect your life. if your considering castration then you really are obsessive to the point of having a serious psychological problem that you should seek help for.

and finally what girl is going to find you attractive if you whine like you do? sheez, im 19, i started losing hair really really quick from about 17 and im not as whiny as you. be a man, get on and live life. if you have zero confidence about anything, even you wont find yourself attractive, let alone any woman.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
here is an email I just sent my ex-fiance
--------------------------------------------------
Samson fell in love with a beautiful Philistine woman
named Delilah. Night after night he visited her
residence to spend hours with her. He thought that he
was hopelessly in love with her because of her great
beauty and charm.

Delilah cried for days, saying, "You don't love me.
You won't tell me your secret."

Finally Samson caved in just to have peace. "If you
cut off all of my hair I shall be as weak as any other
man."

When Samson slept with his head in Delilah's lap she
beckoned the men to shave off his hair. Once again she
shook him and shouted, Samson! Wake up! The
Philistines are upon you.!"

Samson shook himself to fight the Philistines, but his
hair was gone. His strength was gone. The Philistine
soldiers jumped upon Samson and beat him badly. Samson
was overcome. Delilah, in the name of love, had
betrayed him completely.

/grammar off/

ive never been mad at you for leaving me. ive never
been mad at the way it went down. im a realist and i
know how things go down in the real world. ive never
been mad about any of that.

but one thing that really rots at me. i knew i was
going bald years ago. being the realist that i am, im
aware that your appearance is everything in life.
from the respect you get from your family, to the
workplace, to lovers, to friends: how you look
effects everything.

it's not that im vain or superficial. it's that im
realistic. i see the patterns for what they are, and
how you look is everything. thus when i realized i
was going bald I knew it would be the end of me. i
would become ugly, lose respect from everyone, and be
unable to be looked at sexually from the other gender.
in fact, i knew this would even apply to you.

so in an attempt to save myself from permanent
pergatory, i did what any REALISTIC person would do.
i arranged through iam.bmezine to get castrated (which
arrests hairloss in 100% of males ever). sure I'd
have 1 less ball and no sex drive, but i wouldn't be
some bald headed lepper disrespected by all of society
as an ugly nothing. i could still be a proud member
of society.

but you erin, you f****ng stopped me. you threw fits
and tantrums and cried. do you remember? do you
remember the opposition you put to me getting
castrated.
for the first time in our 'storied' relationship, you
told me if i got castrated you might consider leaving
me. we were still good at this point so this really
sent a shock throughout me. wow, erin leave me? holy
sh*t? it rippled through me like a tsunami (or some
sh*t like this). I had to pick one or the other and i
felt i had no choice (and believe me it was
difficult).

so i avoided the castration and the recession
continued. as was to be expected you lost your sexual
interest in me. and as we know, sexual chemistry is
basically the glue of all relationships and you cant
be too happy with someone youre not attracted to.

and save me all the irrational bullshit about how 'im
still beautiful' and that wasn't why blah blah blah.
in the end, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ATTRACTION and there
is nothing else, nothing. people choose who they are
most attracted to regardless of any other variable.
no matter what you say, im not going to forget every
empirical study in
sociology/psych/anthropology/history ever. But Im not
mad at you for this, not even a little bit. im a
realist. It was to be expected.

What im mad is your selfish opposition to my
castration essentially ruined my life beyond what you
could ever imagine. why didnt you realize the
consequences.

WHERE THE F*CK AM I NOW ERIN? I SACRIFICED MY HAIR
AND NOW I'M A BALDING FOOL. YOU HAD THE OPTION TO
LEAVE AND START ANEW WITH SOMEONE YOU WERE ATTRACTED
TO. I CAN'T GO BACK TO 2003 AND GET CASTRATED AND
LEAVE YOU.

IT'S NOT F*CKING FAIR. I know life isn't fair, but
what the f*ck! Imagine waking up 400 pounds erin.
You can't even leave your room anymore. You can't be
sh*t, you're a failure for everyone to see.

I'm sure you're enjoying being young and attractive
and in the heat of a new relationship. Yeah everyone
young should get to experience this. But guess what,
I don't. And it's all because of a stupid decision I
made as a naieve kid. I could have been beautiful
just like you..coulda shoulda coulda...

Really I'm not even mad at you. I'm mad at myself for
being so f*cking idealistic and letting my better
judgment let me make the worst mistake of my life. I
believed in love and forever and blah blah blah. and
where am I now? yeah it was easy for you to promise
you'd love me forever and getting castrated was crazy.
deep down inside I knew no one can really
passionately love an ugly man.

why did I do it. truthfully, i'm only mad at myself

so f*cking mad at myself

drinkrum

Reaction score
Okay. Before the mods close this thread (hopefully soon), let me offer you some free advice. I know you're in a tight spot. You lost your girl and you're losing your hair. I know all too well that hair can be an important thing. Many people value their hair and their looks differently; clearly your hair is at the top of your priority list.

But before you castrate yourself, why don't you try something first. Take finasteride (and give it a year at least before making any conclusions) and go to a gym. Start lifting heavy weights, eat a lot of protein, supplementing with protein powder if needed. Tan yourself. Go to a tanning booth if needed.

I can almost guarantee you that after you put on some muscle, you will start to feel better about yourself. The finasteride should hopefully maintain all the hair that you have. This will make you more attractive to girls. Even if your hair falls out completely in the next five years, the big muscles, tan, and confidence will be able to carry you. Remember that not all girls are shallow and materialistic. My girlfriend always tells me that I am being an idiot about my hair and that she wouldn't mind if I lost my hair. I can tell you that she's not lying because we've been through some tough and traumatic times together.

If you castrate yourself, you will confine yourself to a lonely, narcissistic life. Meeting a girl that will be okay with castration is a herculean task compared to finding a girl that's okay with baldness. Remember that most women eventually want to have kids and that they need a normal sex life. As a neutered little pup, you will never be able to provide them that. At that point, when all the glory quickly fades from your beautiful locks of hair, you will be in a rut that no one can fix.

D.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

"being the realist that i am, im
aware that your appearance is everything in life.
from the respect you get from your family, to the
workplace, to lovers, to friends: how you look
effects everything. "

There are millions of physically ugly people and millions of bald men in this world and you make it sound like all these millions of people are alone, jobless, not respected by family and friends etc. God I hate you.
You are just an insecure little wimp with no perspective on the world. Cut your nuts off for all I care maybe that will stop you from spewing your vain, rediculous and cowardly posts and thus keep me from having to waste my time and energy reading this crap and furiously replying to it. Grow up. BTW, you are insane and need help help help help.........I have very little pity for you after reading your perspective on life, but all human beings have value. Maybe someday you will have the courage to realize that you are more then just skin and bones and you (and every other human being) have a soul and a spirit.
This is a hairlosshelp website, someone please stop this thread so I do not punch a hole in my computer. I apologize to those who have had to suffer through reading this post, I just cannot help myself.

Faston

Reaction score
so in an attempt to save myself from permanent
pergatory, i did what any REALISTIC person would do.
i arranged through iam.bmezine to get castrated (which
arrests hairloss in 100% of males ever). sure I'd
have 1 less ball and no sex drive, but i wouldn't be
some bald headed lepper disrespected by all of society
as an ugly nothing. i could still be a proud member
of society.

but you erin, you f****ng stopped me. you threw fits
and tantrums and cried.

Wow. It's amazing that you think your relationship dissolved because you're going bald and not because you seriously wanted to be castrated.

If I realized I was engaged to someone who would consider such an insane thing so seriously that it started arguments, I'd leave them too.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, this thread is depressing as hell...

... makes me want to leave this forum and not come back.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh, if I'm reading you right on this post, there are other issues involved here and not only your hairloss? If that be true, if it is your desire to be a Eunuch, I can't gainsay that. It's your identity and person. That is up to you. My question to you is, will becoming a Eunuch encourage your personal growth and personhood more or take away from who you feel you are meant to be? How you answer that question might help you to evalute things a bit more? I stand behind you bro in your decision because you come across as a guy that just doen'st say something off of the top of his head for no reason. You most likely have been processing and thinking on this for some time? You're in my thought bro.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh.

As difficult as it may seem to accept, it looks like you may have a skewed view of what is actually happening in the world in which you live.

There are, it would appear, two issues here, firstly your distorted narccissim and secondly the, ultimately more trivial, issue of you wanting surgery to remove your testicles in the hope that it will slow or halt your hair loss.

The thoughts of castration are peripheral to your narccissim, they are a 'symptom' of your narccissim.

You come accross, in your posts, like the most shallow, unattractive, unbalanced person to have lived, outside of a cheap pulp fiction novel.

As you grow older, your views and hopes will change more radically than you can ever believe, as much as you don't now particularly like the idea of playing with plastic bricks painted on each side with letters from the alphabet, believe it or not, in as little as a few years hair loss may not be a big issue for you.

You say in your 'letter'

it's not that im vain or superficial. it's that im
realistic. i see the patterns for what they are, and
how you look is everything

You also say

Really I'm not even mad at you

You must know, as everyone who reads this letter, that you are not being honest to yourself, you are plainly 'mad' at this girl for talking you out of castration, and even you must admit that anyone would stuggle not to label you as vain. You may have arrived at this vanity through your idea that you are being realistic, but without a doubt vanity it is.

And what purpose does this 'letter' serve ? For you ?, for your ex-fiance ? or, indeed, for the numerous posters on this forum you wish to perform your anxieties to.

Gilgamesh said:
I was gonna get castrated like 2 years ago and my ex-fiance (who I'd been with since I was basically a kid) talked me out of it. Said I was crazy and she'd love me if I had no hair, blah blah. Then I got on oral flutamide from India and she talked me out of it because she missed the sex.

Well I stopped taking it, went past a NW2 and she left me for my NW0 roomate. Said she was no longer attracted to me and couldn't help she felt that way (while crying). This is someone I spent every second with for most of my life. This isn't why I feel the way I do.

but let that be a lesson to ya. girls can't be trusted

What 'lesson' are you teaching us here ? Why can't girls be trusted ? Maybe this is really how she felt, maybe you had turned out after all these years to be the wrong person, it may have been the most honest thing she has ever done in her life. You are not the first or last person to have their heart broken, your experience is commonplace.

If this has no relevance on how you feel the way you do, why have you made numerous references to your ex-fiance in this thread, why do we have to see your angry letter to her.

I had to pick one or the other and i felt i had no choice (and believe me it was difficult)

You also say you found yourself in a situation where you felt forced to choose between staying with your ex-fiance and keeping your hair (through the use of castration) and you say it was 'difficult'

What are we to make of this ? You plainly could not of loved her if you found this choice difficult.

It is easy to blame the acrimonious split with your ex-fiance on the density of your scalp hair but I do not know of any girl who would not have some doubts that they are with the right person when that person thinks it reasonable to end their sex life for vanity, to loose the chance to ever have kids for vanity and even to surgically castrate himself for vanity.

I could endlessly sit here and type examples of why your strongly held views on intersexual attraction are wrong, which I believe them to be, and how the female sex does not see men exclusively as a plot on the Norwood scale but I doubt they would hold any sway with you.

You are a vain fool.

VWdude

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Okay. Before the mods close this thread (hopefully soon), let me offer you some free advice. I know you're in a tight spot. You lost your girl and you're losing your hair. I know all too well that hair can be an important thing. Many people value their hair and their looks differently; clearly your hair is at the top of your priority list.

But before you castrate yourself, why don't you try something first. Take finasteride (and give it a year at least before making any conclusions) and go to a gym. Start lifting heavy weights, eat a lot of protein, supplementing with protein powder if needed. Tan yourself. Go to a tanning booth if needed.

I can almost guarantee you that after you put on some muscle, you will start to feel better about yourself. The finasteride should hopefully maintain all the hair that you have. This will make you more attractive to girls. Even if your hair falls out completely in the next five years, the big muscles, tan, and confidence will be able to carry you. Remember that not all girls are shallow and materialistic. My girlfriend always tells me that I am being an idiot about my hair and that she wouldn't mind if I lost my hair. I can tell you that she's not lying because we've been through some tough and traumatic times together.

If you castrate yourself, you will confine yourself to a lonely, narcissistic life. Meeting a girl that will be okay with castration is a herculean task compared to finding a girl that's okay with baldness. Remember that most women eventually want to have kids and that they need a normal sex life. As a neutered little pup, you will never be able to provide them that. At that point, when all the glory quickly fades from your beautiful locks of hair, you will be in a rut that no one can fix.

D.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE LISTEN TO HIM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strife

Reaction score
I thought I had it bad, But I really hope that you leave that shitty disfunt way of thinking, castration is crazy talk man, Hope you get better, I know what your going through , I feel for ya buddy

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
wow.

this is out of control if your serious.

BTW.. I'm pretty sure castration involves amputation of both balls. As I understand it, if you just chop one off you won't notice any difference. Kind of like kidneys in that sense.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
ok im clearly very insane, i think this thread has run it's course

tynan - you're correct

i apologize to everyone for having to read this: i suppose i felt lonely or something

my bad

VWdude

Reaction score
Gilgamesh... I'm sorry that you are like this... if I ever won a million dollars or more, i'd buy you a hair transplant...

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
VW dude, you are a quality poster and I truely value what you share here:) Thanks for being genuine and caring.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Greg, you stand behind a guy for his decision to castrate himself over his hairloss? I am not sure what is worse, the guy castrating himself over male pattern baldness or you approving of it.

Why me?

Reaction score
I think Greg is talking bout VW dude and not the Gman.

I might be wrong but VW dude wants to keep his cookies but GMan doesnt.

G

Dude, all you people are crazy! We're all crazy!

I agree with Gilgamesh on a lot of things, everything except the castration. I see having muscels, money (material things), a tan, a relgion (organization), and a family will NEVER make me happy! But I do value my hair for it's my way to rebel and be different! Being bald will force me to be like everyone one else!!

As for castration, it won't even work! If you can castrate yourself, then you could also take Dutasteride, Xandrax 15, Tricomin, and Nizoral Shampoo. I bet with these, you could make a near full recovery for another 4 years or so.

VWdude

Reaction score
Greg1 said:
VW dude, you are a quality poster and I truely value what you share here:) Thanks for being genuine and caring.

I'll always look for that speck of light in a dark hallway.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

drinkrum

Reaction score
VWdude said:
Greg1 said:

I'll always look for that speck of light in a dark hallway.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

And I'll always look for the light switch. ;)

D.