I am seriously considering castration: one contingency

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
I've given this extraordinary thought over the years. I even know a body modification practicioner who will perform it.

The fact of the matter is, my father is a norwood 7 and my diffuse pattern is in the same exact manner. Hair transplants will not save me in my inevitable progression. As a bald man, I will never come to terms with my self esteem. I will live my life as a recluse/never make friends/never leave the room/etc.

As a eunuch I will still enjoy many of the things I've lost. I've never been much into sex. Very low sex drive. Not too concerned with feminizing, I've played the adrogyny role willfully before.

As a norwood 7 there are no options. Zero. A life with no hope. Castration is extreme yet if I have any hope in this life I need to take a big risk.

There is one thing that has always kept me back. The prospect of H.M. If not for this (and my ex-fiance - who dumped me once I balded too much - talked me out of it with threats, I would have done it years ago. However, recent postings by Feller regarding follicles being organs (and HM being 100 years away and as difficult as creating a new heart) have made me realize I was being delusional. I will wait forever for a solution that will never come.

If you care (which I wouldn't expect anyone to), please convince me why HM will actually be out in the next 10 years.

P.S. I tried chemical castration with Flutamide/spironolactone/etc from India years ago and the sh*t almost killed me.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Pray dude. Seriously, castration would be very regrettable one hm comes out. You can have balls and hair.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Jay Tee said:
Please seek help immediately. Seriously.

blah........im a perfectionist

i'd rather not live as an ugly person: what's a psychotherapist going to tell me: i studied psychology as a major in undergrad: i know all the cognitive behavioral 'tricks': its rubbish

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Full Head of Hair said:
Pray dude. Seriously, castration would be very regrettable one hm comes out. You can have balls and hair.

yes indeed: but will it come out? ive been trying to figure that out for years

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be out in the next 4 years or so. Its certianly possible.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Full Head of Hair said:
Hopefully it will be out in the next 4 years or so. Its certianly possible.

you should read dr.fellers post on the other major hair loss forum. pretty sobering stuff. hair follicles are like organs. if we could clone hair follicles, we could clone hearts and a pancreas, etc.

we're not anywhere near there

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
Jay Tee said:
Please seek help immediately. Seriously.

i'd rather not live as an ugly person: what's a psychotherapist going to tell me: i studied psychology as a major in undergrad: i know all the cognitive behavioral 'tricks': its rubbish

Ok if your that concerned about your hair loss then why haven't you at least considering concealing it somehow? Shaved head perhaps? Or if not that then a hair system? I'm not a big fan of them myself but I've seen many that are very realistic. People who lose their hair due to chemotherapy and burn victims use these all the time and people hardly realize it. Using them for male pattern baldness should be no different if that's your last resort.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Jay Tee said:
Gilgamesh said:
[quote="Jay Tee":adc8b]Please seek help immediately. Seriously.

Ok if your that concerned about your hair loss then why haven't you at least considering concealing it somehow? Shaved head perhaps? Or if not that then a hair system? I'm not a big fan of them myself but I've seen many that are very realistic. People who lose their hair due to chemotherapy and burn victims use these all the time and people hardly realize it. Using them for male pattern baldness should be no different if that's your last resort.[/quote:adc8b]

I look horrible with a shaved head. I am 5'7, with the worst type of skull for it. And hairpiece, ehh no way. I'd rather not live my life in secret.

sparse

Reaction score
Castration

Oh c,mon man, you don,t want to get castrated. Get a realistic human hairpiece like me. You won,t be living your life in secret. Lots of guys wear them. You,ll love seeing yourself with hair again. So get yourself a hairpiece and forget about castration and androgeny. Just lift your butt,blast a monster fart and be proud that you,re a man.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Castration

sparse said:
Oh c,mon man, you don,t want to get castrated. Get a realistic human hairpiece like me. You won,t be living your life in secret. Lots of guys wear them. You,ll love seeing yourself with hair again. So get yourself a hairpiece and forget about castration and androgeny. Just lift your butt,blast a monster fart and be proud that you,re a man.

i definitely think its a good option for some people, but i could never be happy in a piece

heres bald tom cruise again

http://tinypic.com/5czrrs

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
im suprised there haven't been more people commenting on this thread. gilgamesh -- you need help, whether it be a psychiatrist or some self-help. it's just hair for christ's sake!! if it's getting to you that much, you need to look at the lack of seratonin and/or dopamine in your system (since you seem to depend on science so much). this is a problem with your mental state, not your hair. i just hope you're kidding with the castration talk, i thought you were smarter than that.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
jfhawk06 said:
im suprised there haven't been more people commenting on this thread. gilgamesh -- you need help, whether it be a psychiatrist or some self-help. it's just hair for christ's sake!! if it's getting to you that much, you need to look at the lack of seratonin and/or dopamine in your system (since you seem to depend on science so much). this is a problem with your mental state, not your hair. i just hope you're kidding with the castration talk, i thought you were smarter than that.

the seratonin theory is almost exclusively a marketing strategy used to sell psychotropics and neuroleptics decades ago. studies done with funding from pharmaceutical companies found some ambiguous results and they hyperbolized it to the max.

personality structure (objects relations displacement in formative years) is the root of psychopathology: not 'chemical imblanaces'.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
obviously, you haven't read the numerous abstracts concerning the chemical structure of the human brain in relation to seratonin and dopamine. there is a clear correlation between seratonin re-uptake and depression. to ignore these facts is simply ignorance. there's also a clear correlation between male pattern baldness and depression/severe anxiety/obsessive compulsive disorder. i'd look at that before you cut your balls off.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
jfhawk06 said:
obviously, you haven't read the numerous abstracts concerning the chemical structure of the human brain in relation to seratonin and dopamine.

not to turn this into a penis duel, but I was a psychology major (as well as my 'job' as a research hound), and yes, yes I have. you have to really analyze the motives behind research that is done (even if its peer reviewed). the majority of it is is driven by capital and pure scientific inquiry

there is a clear correlation between seratonin re-uptake and depression.

please cite

to ignore these facts is simply ignorance.

nah yo

there's also a clear correlation between male pattern baldness and depression/severe anxiety/obsessive compulsive disorder. i'd look at that before you cut your balls off.

agree 100% and I have 'looked'

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
please read this my grasshopper

One of the theories she describes is the belief that "depression" (what I think should be called simply unhappiness or severe unhappiness) is the result of neuroendocrine abnormalities indicated by excessive cortisol in the blood. The test for this is called the dexamethasone-suppression test or DST. The theory behind this test and the claims of its usefulness were found to be mistaken, however, because, in Dr. Andreasen's words, "so many patients with well-defined depressive illness have normal DSTs" (pp. 180-182). An article in the July 1984 Harvard Medical School Health Letter reached a similar conclusion. The article, titled "Diagnosing Depression: How Good is the `DST'?", reported that "For every three office patients with an abnormal DST, only one is likely to have true depression. ... [And] a large fraction of people who are depressed by other criteria will still have normal results on the DST" (p. 5). Similarly, in an article in the November 1983 Archives of Internal Medicine three physicians concluded that "Data from studies currently available do not support the use of the dexamethasone ST [Suppression Test]" (Martin F. Shapiro, M.D., et al., "Biases in the Laboratory Diagnosis of Depression in Medical Practice", Vol. 143, p. 2085). In 1993 in her book If It Runs In Your Family: Depression, Connie S. Chan, Ph.D., acknowledges that "There is still no valid biological test for depression" (Bantam Books, p. 106). But despite its having been discredited, some biologically oriented psychiatrists are (apparently) so eager for biological explanations for people's unhappiness or "depression" that they continue to use the DST anyway. For example, in his book The Good News About Depression, published in 1986, psychiatrist Mark S. Gold, M.D., says he continues to use the DST. In that book Dr. Gold claims the DST is "highly touted as the diagnostic test for biologic depression" (Bantam, p. 155, emphasis in original).
In The Broken Brain, Dr. Andreasen also describes what she calls "the most widely accepted theory about the cause of depression...the `catecholamine hypothesis.'" She emphasizes that "the catecholamine hypothesis is theory rather than fact" (p. 231). She says "This hypothesis suggests that patients suffering from depression have a deficit of norepinephrine in the brain" (p. 183), norepinephrine being one of the "major catecholamine systems" in the brain (pp. 231-232). One way the catecholamine hypothesis is evaluated is by studying one of the breakdown products of norepinephrine, called MHPG, in urine. People with so-called depressive illness "tended to have lower MHPG" (p. 234). The problem with this theory, according to Dr. Andreasen, is that "not all patients with depression have low MHPG" (ibid). She accordingly concludes that this catecholamine hypothesis "has not yet explained the mechanism causing depression" (p. 184).
Another theory is that severe unhappiness ("depression") is caused by lowered levels or abnormal use of another brain chemical, serotonin. A panel of experts assembled by the U.S. Congress Office of Technology Assessment reported in 1992 that "Prominent hypotheses concerning depression have focused on altered function of the group of neurotransmitters called monoamines (i.e., norepinephrine, epinephrine, serotonin, dopamine), particularly norepinephrine (NE) and serotonin. ... studies of the NE [norepinephrine] autoreceptor in depression have found no specific evidence of an abnormality to date. Currently, no clear evidence links abnormal serotonin receptor activity in the brain to depression. ... the data currently available do not provide consistent evidence either for altered neurotransmitter levels or for disruption of normal receptor activity" (The Biology of Mental Disorders, U.S. Gov't Printing Office, 1992, pp. 82 & 84).

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
what would be the point of having no balls if you cant have sex with a woman.. I mean, after all, isnt that what all this is about? looking good so you can attract a mate to put your seed in??