I am seriously considering castration: one contingency

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
VOVVIE said:
what would be the point of having no balls if you cant have sex with a woman.. I mean, after all, isnt that what all this is about? looking good so you can attract a mate to put your seed in??

itd be very easy to plant your seed. you can be bald and rich for example.

i want to attract myself :)

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude everyone's been there, we feel for ya. And i understand your responses to the psychological therapy stuff, its not my bag either. It just isn't the right approach for everyone. But seriously man, this is all you get man!! 70 little years of window to view and experience the world, rock it out hard. Keep your chin up, and allow the hairloss to humble you. People make comments, sure, but you are smart enough to know that is just insecurity turned on you. take it at that value, and it can never touch you.

In regards to non psycho, and more physical options for you
Here is my advice, take it or leave it:
HM is going to happen my friend, despite all the negative twists you put on it in this thread. They are doing it right now. And if there's one thing that motivates science, its money. And intercytex has plenty of motivating factor there. Big companies don't want to lose out on investments. And cloning an organ is not the same thing as having a few hair follicles divide in a petri dish and injecting them into a scalp. Hell, half the process is already been tested (hair transplant which we know is permanent), all they have to do is figure out how to inject them so the hair grows normal, and it already did on mice so we know its possible. So just because they aren't growing hearts in a field doesn't mean they can't grow some cells in a petri dish. I'm sure you've done the research on it, and if you haven't, do it. No one can put a date on it, but seriously, intercytex is in phase I and plans phase II in 2006. that's seven goddamn months away. It will be awhile though, before they clone you a new ball to replace the castrated one.

here's the site that keeps me going strong:
http://www.intercytex.com search for "hair regeneration" on the site and you'll find some good stuff.

with the above in mind, save up some cash, do a little online research and get a good hair transplant. In nine months time you'll have that boost of confidence you need to get out of the gutter. Something to lift your spirits. For someone willing to castrate themselves for hair, i think its worth the risk of trying to wait out HM with hair transplants. In my opinion, the absolute worst case scenario would be that HM takes ten more years, and maybe your head is starting to look a little thin for a year or so if your donor hair runs out. Not forgetting that you could be on propecia which is delaying the entire process buying you more time. This is worst case. Best case being that after only one or two hair transplants, You look good for five years, HM comes out, and you get to keep that good look for life. end of story, happy ending.

permanent ball cutting is a bad idea, no matter how great it sounds. Your priorities change as you age, no matter how much you think they will not.

hope this helps my friend, PM me anytime you want to b**ch about hairloss. People like us understand.

ps, what's with the tom cruise pics?

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
trent: really appreciate the response and the open mind

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOVE to get a hair transplant and I have the money to do so this very second. Here's the rub, my hair is diffuse thinning ALL OVER MY HEAD. I'm talking 'safe zone' area. In fact, my eyebrows are totally thinned out. I have no donor area in which to extract from. Sucks doesn't it. Believe me, if I was a typical balding guy, I'd have been in Armani's chair a year ago.

As for HM. You make some valid points, but Intercyclex may fail. They may not? But my life is kind of on the line. Don't know if I can put my life on some manchester company doing some research. And if they were really that close to HM, they'd probably have a lot more investmen than the scant amount they do (i might be wrong, i dont know sh*t about business).

the tom cruise pictures reflect the importance of hair on a short white guy such as myself :) dude turns into a monster bald

G

Full Head of Hair said:
Pray dude. Seriously, castration would be very regrettable one hm comes out. You can have balls and hair.

Do you think they cut your balls of when they castrate someone. These days they call it the snip. Slightly different....

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What make su think castration will prevent u from going bald?
It only work on pre adolescence males and not on someone past his puberty..

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cloing organs and hair are not the same. An organ is a complicated piece of matter. Hair are simple organs.

Determined

Reaction score
Some people on this forum are way too superficial.

Thinking your life is over because of the body you have been placed in for the short time you have on this beautiful planet is ridiculous.

Obviously being bald is a shitty thing to go through, but it really means nothing.

Everday when I wake up... I think to myself, what am I going to do today?

Life is so damn short. You don't realize it... but it is. You have to go out and experience it. Theres so much to do, theres so much to see, theres so much you should ATTEMPT to accomplish.

Put on a damn hat when you are in public and do whatever it is you want to do while you have life on Earth.

In your own home, I recommend just seeing yourself as YOU, not visualize someone that our superficial society wants you to see. Your bald head is yours. Do you hate yourself? You shouldn't. It's all you got.

You have approximately 3,000 weeks assuming you live until you are 70. What do you want to do? Do you want to visit Asia? Do you want to learn how to be a pilot? Go try and do it. Who cares? Everyone around you is just another person on this short journey called life. f*** them... just worry about what you want to experience before you die.

Stop worrying about the skin, hair, and muscle you have been given, and worry about the important things in life.

Your ex-fiancee dumped you: f*** her.
She was someone that interupted your journey in life. You wasted time being with her to begin with. Don't waste time, energy and thought on her anymore. There are many more important things to do.

People don't think you are beautiful: f*** them.
They were given a nice head of hair. So what? Maybe they have no parents, or they have a drug problem. Maybe they have the perfect life? we're happy for them. Its time to focus on YOU. Hairloss is not a PROBLEM, its an annoyance.

I think I'm ugly! No hair? Join the club.
Billions of people on this planet lack hair. Lets be reasonable here. Not everyone is beautiful. First of all, it doesn't really matter. The way you look has an effect on your life, but it isn't anything that should stop you from living the life you want to lead. Set realistic goals for yourself and you will achieve them.

Everyone will experience hard or embarassing situations. Face it, deal with it, and move on. You got what you got.

My advice: Set Goals
Click this link to give your life direction. Most sucessful people (ugly and beautiful alike) use this to achieve what they want out of life. I strongly advise you to take a look at it.
http://webnz.co.nz/checkers/GoalSetting.html

LIVE. Life begins, life ends...
As Microsoft says:

Where do you want to go today?

Editors note: I am 21 and balding. Diffusing at a steady pace and will probably be 100% noticable within the next year. I may give propecia a shot if it does not interfere with mental / sexual function.

I hope this helped someone.

G

...::traxdata::... said:
[quote="Full Head of Hair":966c6]Pray dude. Seriously, castration would be very regrettable one hm comes out. You can have balls and hair.

Do you think they cut your balls of when they castrate someone. These days they call it the snip. Slightly different....[/quote:966c6]

That's not correct mate, there is a massive difference between a vasectomy and castration.

My dad had a vasectomy when he was about 30 - he is now 55 and Norwood 6.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
trent: really appreciate the response and the open mind

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOVE to get a hair transplant and I have the money to do so this very second. Here's the rub, my hair is diffuse thinning ALL OVER MY HEAD. I'm talking 'safe zone' area. In fact, my eyebrows are totally thinned out. I have no donor area in which to extract from. Sucks doesn't it. Believe me, if I was a typical balding guy, I'd have been in Armani's chair a year ago.

As for HM. You make some valid points, but Intercyclex may fail. They may not? But my life is kind of on the line. Don't know if I can put my life on some manchester company doing some research. And if they were really that close to HM, they'd probably have a lot more investmen than the scant amount they do (i might be wrong, i dont know sh*t about business).

the tom cruise pictures reflect the importance of hair on a short white guy such as myself :) dude turns into a monster bald

have you actually gone to a hair transplant surgeon and they told you you don't have enough donor hair, or are you just assumming?

drinkrum

Reaction score
Let me see if I have it straight here: You are afraid that people think you're ugly because you're balding and are willing to change that perception with castration?

What has the world come to.

D.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
1) Antidepressants do work... As supported by randomized controlled trials (and personal experience), though not as well as we would hope. Some work on both NE and seratonin and have superiority over simple serotonin reuptake inhibitors. A good psychiatrist can help you overcome depression/dysthymia.

2) Behavioral/Cognitive therapy works as well as antidepressants, for some people. If you have fixed counter-productive ideas and thought patterns (crippling low self-esteem, focus on hair loss) it would be ideally suited for you. Without addressing this though pattern you will return to the same futile pattern. You may have been a psyche major, but if you cant see how thoughts do shape your personal "reality" and see how you can reshape your thought patterns (and your life) you have missed the point. Undergrad psyche isnt the same as applied psyche.

3) If you still think all of the above is crap, you still owe it to yourself to try. I would be embarassed to die eventually and tell god (if he exists) "well, i guess it was an interesting world, but to tell you the truth I never really got around to experiencing life because I couldnt get over my thinning hair." This is the only life you get. Be selfish and enjoy it. Being happy should be THE goal of your life, and if you cant do that despite the fact that you have your senses and a functioning body and life in a developed modern country there is a problem (fixable) much bigger than hair loss.

I got a lot of perspective and useful tools thru reading the Dali Lama's "The Art of Happiness." Boiled down, Buddhism is cognitive therapy, and for me (like antidepressants) it works... One of the reasons it has been around 4000 years.

4) Im not sure that castration at an adult age has been proven to stop hair loss, and as the adrenals continue to make androgens it is possible that it might still progress... I would look into this, seriously. Note: females get androgenic alopecia. Your body has already been primed for androgenic alopecia.

5) If flutamide/spironolactone "nearly killed" you, why do you think you would enjoy the permanent irreversible state of castration? Flutamide merely brings about a reversible chemical castration (blocking fsh/lh, so no testicular stimulation). Think about it. Try flutamide again, and if you dont like it stop it and consider yourself lucky... you would still have your balls and be able to get back to "normal." [/list]

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
What make su think castration will prevent u from going bald?
It only work on pre adolescence males and not on someone past his puberty..

lol you know how much your life would suck if you got castrated and you still continued to lose your hair...think about it man. but then again its your body do whatever the hell you want with it, just stay away from my balls.

G

This is probably the sadest thing i have ever heard. The fact that your considering chopping off your balls to look more attractive is the most idiotic thing i've ever heard.
Go ahead, do it, if you put your hair before your life then you must be a very sad person.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
In the study of castrated human males (PMID: 5362349), the
younger the age at which castration (orchidechtomy) occurred
the longer the lifespan (LS), as demonstrated in Table 10:

Age of Median Length
Orchidechtomy of Life
---------------------------------------
8-14 76.3
15-19 72.9
20-29 69.6
30-39 68.9
Intact 64.7

(Journal of Gerontology. 1969, 24(4), page 403)

drinkrum

Reaction score
There are many things you can do to extend your lifespan that are ridiculous. For instance, you could trap yourself in a bubble to avoid any hint of carcinogenic substances from reaching your body. You could avoid driving cars, flying in planes, or walking on the street. But you wouldn't do this, now would you?

D.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
There are many things you can do to extend your lifespan that are ridiculous. For instance, you could trap yourself in a bubble to avoid any hint of carcinogenic substances from reaching your body. You could avoid driving cars, flying in planes, or walking on the street. But you wouldn't do this, now would you?

D.

id consider it if life extension was my priority (as hair is)

drinkrum

Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
drinkrum said:

D.

id consider it if life extension was my priority (as hair is)

Why don't you just blind yourself. That way you'd never see yourself go bald. Heh.

It's your life man, your priorities as well. If you are so consumed by your hair, then go ahead and neuter yourself. Understand the consequences (i.e. it is not reversible) and make your decision. But in the meantime, for God's sake, please see a psychiatrist first.

D.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
well i must say u guys have been surprisingly open minded and tolerant

im still leaning towards the castration, but ill hold out a few more months for news of HM