I Am Actually Regrowing My Hair + Hairline Without Min Or finasteride (mechanical Stimulation)

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean not so much your temples but the baldness and super thinnest on top. How did you recovery all that and how long did it take? As far as determining whats vellus and waters terminal... Not sure color alone is a good indicator. with flash most of mine are dark brown or black, but in natural light theyre mostly pretty light colored.

Edit: Mine actually do look dark now that I look at them. But theyre super short and super thin.
The hair overall is harder to gauge than regrowth on the hairline but I've been experimenting with treatments for 5 months now. Since I've experimented with quite a few things it's hard to say what actually helped me regrow my hair but I'm under quite a strong impression that it was the deep scalp massages for a number of reasons although the massages only seemed to help overall, not on my hairline. I might make a bigger post on just that in the future though but for now all I have is this thread.

It's not just colour though, you will notice they are also thicker in width than the vellus hairs, at least for me. Previously I had hairs like this grow to full terminal when I was experimenting months ago using a sowing needle as a way to test microneedling validity before wasting cash on one. Also for me previously with flash there was nothing there, it was completely barren although I could see very light vellus hairs under very specific lighting conditions.

What you might also want to do is try out scalp massages, typically you just want to relax your scalp to make things easier and go hard and forceful into your scalp. You want to bury your fingers into the skin although try not to scratch your scalp and sort of pinch your scalp together. If you are doing this correctly after some time you should hear this very odd crunching sound, this is assumed to be fibrotic tissue in the scalp from the balding process. Under the hypothesis I believe, DHT causes this in relation to chronic scalp tension as an inflammatory response. If you do try it, since you're taking finasteride, if you're able to achieve that crunching sound I'd be highly interested in the speed in which it returns. Theoretically I'm thinking that Finasteride would slow down the process of the scalp hardening back up.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair overall is harder to gauge than regrowth on the hairline but I've been experimenting with treatments for 5 months now. Since I've experimented with quite a few things it's hard to say what actually helped me regrow my hair but I'm under quite a strong impression that it was the deep scalp massages for a number of reasons although the massages only seemed to help overall, not on my hairline. I might make a bigger post on just that in the future though but for now all I have is this thread.

It's not just colour though, you will notice they are also thicker in width than the vellus hairs, at least for me. Previously I had hairs like this grow to full terminal when I was experimenting months ago using a sowing needle as a way to test microneedling validity before wasting cash on one. Also for me previously with flash there was nothing there, it was completely barren although I could see very light vellus hairs under very specific lighting conditions.

What you might also want to do is try out scalp massages, typically you just want to relax your scalp to make things easier and go hard and forceful into your scalp. You want to bury your fingers into the skin although try not to scratch your scalp and sort of pinch your scalp together. If you are doing this correctly after some time you should hear this very odd crunching sound, this is assumed to be fibrotic tissue in the scalp from the balding process. Under the hypothesis I believe, DHT causes this in relation to chronic scalp tension as an inflammatory response. If you do try it, since you're taking finasteride, if you're able to achieve that crunching sound I'd be highly interested in the speed in which it returns. Theoretically I'm thinking that Finasteride would slow down the process of the scalp hardening back up.

Loving your posts man! I believe in the deep scalp massages. They at least lossen it up and makes everything feel that bit better. My fingers are starting to get sore though for sure. First week you can really extract that sebum it’s crazy! Did you have the same?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Loving your posts man! I believe in the deep scalp massages. They at least lossen it up and makes everything feel that bit better. My fingers are starting to get sore though for sure. First week you can really extract that sebum it’s crazy! Did you have the same?
Yes, the scalp gets immensely greasy initially after massaging. It's been toning down in the amount which comes out in a massage as I've been doing it and I've noticed a really positive effect not even related to hairloss. My scalp gets dramatically less greasy and I can go much longer periods of time before it turns into a greasy mess. Previously before starting my hair would be completely greasy just after a few hours out of the shower but now I'm able to go an entire day without it getting overly bad and it still looks decent enough the following day.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude do you usually have to push the dermaroller in really hard? I started microneedling and I really gotta push the damn thing, wondering if it's just cheapo needles

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude do you usually have to push the dermaroller in really hard? I started microneedling and I really gotta push the damn thing, wondering if it's just cheapo needles
Did you get a 192 needle roller or a 520 needle? If you got the 520 needle ones those wont penetrate as they use discs which are fake needles to save costs. If you use one of those you can actually physically damage your scalp. As for the amount of force I apply a moderate amount but not too much, if you apply too much with a roller and drag it across your skin it wont roll correctly and will slice and damage your skin possibly leaving some odd marks that will take longer to heal. Ideally you want to use a derma stamp for the cleanest and best results, derma rollers just have better speed and availability.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get a 192 needle roller or a 520 needle? If you got the 520 needle ones those wont penetrate as they use discs which are fake needles to save costs. If you use one of those you can actually physically damage your scalp. As for the amount of force I apply a moderate amount but not too much, if you apply too much with a roller and drag it across your skin it wont roll correctly and will slice and damage your skin possibly leaving some odd marks that will take longer to heal. Ideally you want to use a derma stamp for the cleanest and best results, derma rollers just have better speed and availability.
Yeah I'm using a stamp rather than a roller but it's a shitty cheap one. I think the needles are like 1mm or something and I try to get them fully in but I have to like jam it in there. The thing is tiny so I might just try to get a decent one

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm using a stamp rather than a roller but it's a shitty cheap one. I think the needles are like 1mm or something and I try to get them fully in but I have to like jam it in there. The thing is tiny so I might just try to get a decent one
That's the reason I'm currently using a roller, I was unable to find any reputable brands for the stamps within Australia so I simply opted for a quality Roller. The only ones that weren't generic ones from China were in the hundreds which is far too much money for what is really just a stick with a few good quality needles attached, especially considering you're supposed to replace them after some time.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure how you’re doing 1.5mm per week. Takes me nearly 5 days to not need hat or makeup on my hairline to hide the insane redness

When I was using derma + minoxidil, I could bulldozer the derma without rarely getting red... I got slight redness that disappeared after a few minutes, really. It hurt but I couldn't wound even if my life depended on it. People are different.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm using a 520 needle roller and getting results.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using a 520 needle roller and getting results.
It's possible you could see some results but it's far less effective and much more damaging to the skin as it tends to slice up the skin as opposed to cleanly penetrating it. This is what the needles on your roller likely look like, they aren't actually needles and are triangular blades. Here's a comparison of what your roller should look like. There is a good amount of information online as to why the discs are bad and the needles are superior so feel free to do your own research and make your own conclusion. The reason the discs exist in the first place is since they are easier to manufacture, the needle count is also used as a marketing point since in most peoples mind the more needles the better the result. You're literally paying less money for more needles so it's a win, except that's not the case. For this reason the majority of 520 needle rollers use fake needles, some 192 needle rollers even use discs although there are a few channels on Youtube which go over the bad brands, you only need to look out for knock off versions.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible you could see some results but it's far less effective and much more damaging to the skin as it tends to slice up the skin as opposed to cleanly penetrating it. This is what the needles on your roller likely look like, they aren't actually needles and are triangular blades. Here's a comparison of what your roller should look like. There is a good amount of information online as to why the discs are bad and the needles are superior so feel free to do your own research and make your own conclusion. The reason the discs exist in the first place is since they are easier to manufacture, the needle count is also used as a marketing point since in most peoples mind the more needles the better the result. You're literally paying less money for more needles so it's a win, except that's not the case. For this reason the majority of 520 needle rollers use fake needles, some 192 needle rollers even use discs although there are a few channels on Youtube which go over the bad brands, you only need to look out for knock off versions.

Interesting. Not sure if a "real needle" would be better for my results as pictures show quite a bit of coverage, just very vellus. Also not sure how to tell without taking mine apart. I will say I bought a derma stamp off amazon, but it hasnt arrived yet since they shipped the damn thing from china.

What model do you recommend?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a 1.5mm Dr. Roller since it had reputable reviews and was often regarded as one of the best derma rollers, mine is basically flawless for it's purpose and I wouldn't change anything. You might have some better luck with the stamp, that was actually the same stamp I was looking at although I didn't want to risk wasting $20 on a generic I could find zero reviews on. Let me know how it is once it arrives though since I'm considering buying a 2mm of it if it's decent. As for the roller you purchased the display picture appears to have real needles, the best way to tell for yourself would be to take it a part but you likely wont get it back together. Probably look closely at the needles and see if they are actually full straight clean needles or if they are slightly triangular blade shaped. With a 1.5mm they might be long enough to tell without taking it apart.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@MyThinningConfidence You have inspired me to take up the deep massages and restart dermarolling. As someone who is on Androcur, finasteride and Oral minoxidil with no stabilization or regrowth I think my problem may well be the calcification of my scalp. I've been doing the massages for about 10 minutes morning and night since 2 days ago and I can already hear the 'cracking' under the skin as you described! I'm hoping that this will finally result in some regrowth as I have tried almost everything, even estrogen!

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a 1.5mm Dr. Roller since it had reputable reviews and was often regarded as one of the best derma rollers, mine is basically flawless for it's purpose and I wouldn't change anything. You might have some better luck with the stamp, that was actually the same stamp I was looking at although I didn't want to risk wasting $20 on a generic I could find zero reviews on. Let me know how it is once it arrives though since I'm considering buying a 2mm of it if it's decent. As for the roller you purchased the display picture appears to have real needles, the best way to tell for yourself would be to take it a part but you likely wont get it back together. Probably look closely at the needles and see if they are actually full straight clean needles or if they are slightly triangular blade shaped. With a 1.5mm they might be long enough to tell without taking it apart.

Pretty pissed off right now.

I ordered this:

https://www.amazon.com/1-5mm-140-Pi...+Stamp+Pen+Skin+Care+Facial+Skin+Therapy&th=1

and I received this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/40-Pins-...8239&wl11=online&wl12=851849630&wl13=&veh=sem

I bought this goddamn thing JULY 25TH and I just got today on AUGUST 29TH and it's the wrong f*****g item...

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20 made-up internet dollars says you ordered from China

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are the cheaper ones you can get from China, you can normally get them for $5. They probably just messed up the order, if you send them a message they should send you out the actual product. Chances are they won't ask you to return your current item so on the plus side you might end up with 2 stamps instead of one. On a side note did you end up using it? Let me know if it's any good.