I Accidentally Found Out My Brother Is Gay And Dont Know What To Do (he Doesnt Know I Know)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In God all things are possible.

I was taught God loves everyone, just like the colors in a rainbow.

I see god everywhere in this picture. Do you see it to, @Marky?

170613091724-redesigned-pride-flag-exlarge-169.jpg

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I firmly believed in God until the age of 12. From that age on, I started questioning the idea of God, I was the kind to question anything actually (yeah I didn't start being like that on this forum :p ).

Then, I violently became an atheist at the age of 15, and this was no painless transition.

I had an existential crisis for about three days, started having panic attacks because I had just realized that I was going to die someday, that my whole life seemed meaningless and it really scared the sh*t out of me.

After a few days, I accepted that there was no God and that there would only be a big black void when I die.

But last year, something shifted inside of me as I was putting my life in order (finding my potential future wife, finding a job, lifting weights, finding a band, etc.), and then I started listening to the psychology of religion lectures given by Dr. Jordan Peterson.

It took me a while but it all fell into place, I wouldn't say I believe in God, because I'm not sure of what God means, yet, but I'm certain that I've moved from a hardcore atheist to becoming an agnostic again.

I now remain open to the possibility of a life beyond the materialistic world. I really want to believe that the transcendent is more than just an idea that humans have managed to conceptualize, but I'm not quite there yet.
Awesome story. I don't try to pick fights with people or try to sound weird talking God concepts on a bald forum, only introduce them
to the possibility. After that it's up to them to discover it, through life experience, education through multiple sources (come on we live in the information age, no excuses), and hopefully at touch of divine revelation to see there are no coincidences on this real journey.

I've said before we live in a broken and fallen world and all have a cross to carry one way or another, without direction and meaning guided
by the divine none of it will ever make sense, we end up like dogs running around in a circle chasing our tail.

btw that stuff you were saying about Muslims and liberals destroying society on another thread, was all said in this video I watched last night. Your ideas are very much aligned:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome story. I don't try to pick fights with people or try to sound weird talking God concepts on a bald forum, only introduce them
to the possibility. After that it's up to them to discover it, through life experience, education through multiple sources (come on we live in the information age, no excuses), and hopefully at touch of divine revelation to see there are no coincidences on this real journey.

I've said before we live in a broken and fallen world and all have a cross to carry one way or another, without direction and meaning guided
by the divine none of it will ever make sense, we end up like dogs running around in a circle chasing our tail.

btw that stuff you were saying about Muslims and liberals destroying society on another thread, was all said in this video I watched last night. Your ideas are very much aligned:

I grew up catholic and I was never exposed to such negativity about gays as you talk about to be honest. I was taught to love my neighbor and help the poor and to try and be a good person.

I think you are just grossed out by gay people and it has little to do with your Faith. You can be grossed out by gay people without using your faith as an excuse.. its an anonymous forum. A lot of straight guys are grossed out by gay men. Just own it.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I grew up catholic and I was never exposed to such negativity about gays as you talk about to be honest. I was taught to love my neighbor and help the poor and to try and be a good person.

I think you are just grossed out by gay people and it has little to do with your Faith. You can be grossed out by gay people without using your faith as an excuse.. its an anonymous forum. A lot of straight guys are grossed out by gay men. Just own it.
Of course it grosses me out - and instinctively it tells me something is wrong here. While those conditioned to accept it as normal
only do so because the media and social media(s) have got it into people's heads (spearheaded by LGBTQ). And it's not negativity towards gays, just logic that makes sense - and yes in large part manifested through christian/catholic teachings.

I can say a lot more on it, but I gotta get to work - already spent more time than I should on a forum this week. Then away the long weekend.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I firmly believed in God until the age of 12. From that age on, I started questioning the idea of God, I was the kind to question anything actually (yeah I didn't start being like that on this forum :p ).

Then, I violently became an atheist at the age of 15, and this was no painless transition.

I had an existential crisis for about three days, started having panic attacks because I had just realized that I was going to die someday, that my whole life seemed meaningless and it really scared the sh*t out of me.

After a few days, I accepted that there was no God and that there would only be a big black void when I die.

But last year, something shifted inside of me as I was putting my life in order (finding my potential future wife, finding a job, lifting weights, finding a band, etc.), and then I started listening to the psychology of religion lectures given by Dr. Jordan Peterson.

It took me a while but it all fell into place, I wouldn't say I believe in God, because I'm not sure of what God means, yet, but I'm certain that I've moved from a hardcore atheist to becoming an agnostic again.

I now remain open to the possibility of a life beyond the materialistic world. I really want to believe that the transcendent is more than just an idea that humans have managed to conceptualize, but I'm not quite there yet.
Agnosticism is how sure you are on whether theres a god

Atheism is whether you believe or not

Theyre separate. Im agnostic atheist. I choose to not believe in god cuz of the lack of evidence but if evidence does somehow (which is a philosophical conundrum in itself) then ill believe

Just like anything else

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Of course it grosses me out - and instinctively it tells me something is wrong here. While those conditioned to accept it as normal
only do so because the media and social media(s) have got it into people's heads (spearheaded by LGBTQ). And it's not negativity towards gays, just logic that makes sense - and yes in large part manifested through christian/catholic teachings.

I can say a lot more on it, but I gotta get to work - already spent more time than I should on a forum this week. Then away the long weekend.

It grosses me out when people put ketch up on eggs but that doesn't mean it is wrong. People have different tastes but what do I care what they like? That is a pretty close minded view if you can't accept people like different things. I think anyone who thinks gay is a choice really needs to consider what they are saying... why would someone choose to be gay? Could you choose to be gay?

Now the argument of wether gay couples make as good of parents as heterosexual is a valid argument . In an ideal world a man and a woman make the best parents imo. So gay parents can still be good, but not ideal. Few things in life are ideal though.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

There IS NO GOD.

I've been an atheist in my twenties. And I come from a very religious background.

It's science fiction. Hate to say it, but thinking illogically makes the brain weak. It starts to accept ideas that
simply are not true!

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've loved Peterson from the moment I first heard him but when I found out although later in life he was one of us I truly fell in love.
jp.jpg

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to have epic fights with @Rudiger two years ago and now I feel like he's the member who's the closest to me in mindset (Not sure he'll see this as a compliment :p ).

Almost spat my coffee when I saw this the other day.

I do take this as a compliment, and that's a pretty big thing of you to say actually considering we have still had some pretty vicious spats since, and volcano PolarRud is still active and could erupt again at any time (though I think we've both made a good effort in avoiding this).

But I take it as a compliment because I identify strongly with you or more importantly - one of the sides I see of you.

Which through all those previous arguments I really felt that despite arguing otherwise, this is the person you actually are. Probably that's why I insisted on the never-ending walls of texts to really get to the bottom of it.

I never bought that you truly believed in the extremities of red pill you expressed, and although I'm fairly inactive at the moment I still see those extremities now, in some other expressed form or replaced form that fills the gap of being absolutely certain Fred.

My mindset hasn't changed since I first posted, possibly people have seen my facetious humour towards baldness as an embracing of the "we're all definitely fucked forever" black pill, but that's really just a sense of humour I developed since being on this forum and not meant to be taken as my core beliefs.

I mentioned earlier this week I feel that your mindset has changed previously, and will do again, this is very possible. As a previous avid Fred-observer, probably more than anyone else that's posted here (although I will point out that different members have in great detail, posted conclusions precisely the same as mine) I see how your mindset and opinions are skewed in the situation you find yourself in. Your basis on your own reality changes depending on the environment you stumble upon.

I don't mean for this to turn into a bashing post, if that was my intent I'd try to give examples of what I'm talking about. But genuinely I see the glimpses in your logic that I relate to completely, and 2 days later it's a different person, and what I'm seeing is someone who does not seem grounded in where they stand on anything, and that's something worth thinking about.

Give it some thought. (had to say it)

g.i joey

Reaction score
What happened to you? Gallbladder or Appendix problems?
Not even man had some sort of polyps that were obstructing my breathing, needed surgery asap got I done Thursday now I should be checking out tomorrow. How come that came to mind lol?