HPM - living the dream?(Whatever happend to) thread

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
HPM, you make yourself undatable because of your attitude - there are plenty of women 5'4 and smaller out there, and ones taller who won't mind dating a guy a bit shorter, especially if he's 'loaded' like you say you are.

the more you let the issue of height consume you, the more it will be an obstacle to you getting what you want

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
the obstacle is removed with the lifts, I am happy with my solution to my height problem, I want to solve my height problem, to remove myself from short stature, it is my decision.

if someone is happy at 5 3, so be it, I am not at 5 4.5, I want LL and will wear 4" lifts for just now.

im single but when I enter a relationship with a girl we will discuss my height issue and how tall she woudl like be to be, maybe I will just wear a 1.5" lift, maybe 2.5" lift, or no lifts.

if I was 5 7 things would be different, maybe i would just wear a 1" lift, and later discuss it with a girl how tall she would like me to be with lifts, maybe she would love me to wear 4" lifts when she is in heels! so i remain in perspective, as tall as we both are in flats!

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
almost all women will be instantly turned off by that sort of discussion.

where does it end anyway HPM?

the teeth - fixed
baldness - covered up
the height - covered up

what if you do meet some girl who accepts the fake hair and height, you take her on holiday somewhere warm, you get to the beach and suddenly you realise youre the only one there without a six pack? do you suddenly go off on a fitness binge or pay for some sort of surgery?

what if you find you cant satisfy a woman sexually, will you go down the route of looking at penis enlargement?

most women would love a night in rather than going out and getting plastered, does that mean you need to take cooking lessons or practice watching youtube videos? do you need that perfect set of pans and plates to give her the lifestyle you think she wants?

all of us generally have things we could fix about ourselves, not everything is possible. im not going to pretend to know what its like to live at 5 foot 4, im sure that makes being bald 100 times worse than it does for average height+ people, maybe if i was in your position id be looking at the surgery too.

the lifts issue is the one that worries me though, women dont just want a guy to look bigger than them, they want somebody who really is bigger than them.

i have a thing about fat/overweight women, i see no need for it and find it repulsive. if i met a girl and she took her clothes off to reveal she was wearing 'slimming' underwear, id feel cheated and instantly turned off. even if everyone who saw us out together thought she was a size 10, it would still be enough for me to know she is really bigger to find an excuse to put an end to seeing them.

height is a deal breaker with the vast majority of women, not every single one of them though, the best thing you could do would be to set up a profile on plenty of fish (or similar) with your real height etc on display.

even if you never sent a single message or chatted to people on there, eventually a girl will get in touch, it could take weeks ro months but fk it who cares, the feeling of knowing that with at least one person you have nothing to hide will do a hell of alot more good for you than wearing big shoes.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Because the unsaid message that he's constantly receiving is that he IS inferior just by his height alone. And when a message like that is almost common knowledge then how can he escape it, even if he chooses not to believe the message? He escapes it by not being short anymore. You hold him to some principle of honesty but at a cost that you are not familiar with. Sometimes a pretty lie is better than the ugly truth. You've just never been in a compromised enough situation to have to seriously weigh such choices. Chris is sympathetic, he understands even though he doesn't agree. Kudos to him.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Because the unsaid message that he's constantly receiving is that he IS inferior just by his height alone. And when a message like that is almost common knowledge then how can he escape it, even if he chooses not to believe the message? He escapes it by not being short anymore. You hold him to some principle of honesty but at a cost that you are not familiar with. Sometimes a pretty lie is better than the ugly truth. You've just never been in a compromised enough situation to have to seriously weigh such choices. Chris is sympathetic, he understands even though he doesn't agree. Kudos to him.

Thanks uncomfortable man,

and brighty those are stupid comparisons, women are not requiring or looking for men with 6 packs or a perfect cook,also saying "the vast majority of women have height requirements, but not every single one of them" is not helping, if its 95%+ those are bad odds and action must be taken.

the best thing you could do would be to set up a profile on plenty of fish (or similar) with your real height on display.

--on dating sites being 5 4!

trust me you will get nothing, try it yourself, in fact here is an artical which proves it.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/1...ort-men-face-a-whole-different-set-of-hurdles

For years now, Chris has felt like he's gotten the short end of the stick.

"My favourite was when a woman messaged me on a dating site, started flirting with me, and then wrote "Oh $#!@, I just read your profile more closely, you're WAY too short for me!' and then went silent."

Chris is a respectable 5'7". But like many men who fall short of fairly tall, Chris feels that his height is a detriment in the world of dating.

Eligible single babe Arianne Young (who is 5'7") generally doesn't date men under six feet tall.

---

so yeah if Chris is getting hammered at 5 7, you bet I will be at 5 4, I bet you chris wasn't even bald/balding, there is another rarity.

stop comparing height to silly things like six pack or penis enlargement.

there are scientific al studies that show naturally occurring couples, and only 1 in 700 couples the women is taller than the man,

you have a 0.01% chance of courting and marrying a women that is taller than you

theses are not like six pack or cooking skills, where have you heard women say these things are being very important or deal breaker issues.

and with women on the height, I never claimed to be inferior, I would like to say what makes us both comfortable for height, I respect her decision and mine equally.

and also LOTS of couples do things about their height anyway, this is NOT new, common things are women to wear socks inside so the man is an inch taller in his shoes, or if a women is dating a shorter guy she doesn't wear heels.

i know a guy who is 5 7 with a women 5 8, she just wears flats religiously and I think he wears a 0.5" rise occasionally, they are still doing something about their height, it is just that I have my own "hidden heels" as well,+ it might be 2.0" not necessarily 4".

couples doing things bout their height is normal, it's just now I have heels!

maybe she will be fine with my height, but she wants to wear heels, then I just wear my heels, and we are both the same as we are in flats!

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Life is short- do what you need to do in order to be happy. I would just be so paranoid about someone finding out about it. Hell, I've got a can of Dermmatch that has been sitting in my drawer for five months now, which I've only tried out twice (while at home). I'm too paranoid to use it in public yet.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure how your stats re couples is relevant when guys are in general taller than woman. I'm not sure it's 700 to 1 but it wouldn't surprise me or we have potentially a lot of single women if men to women ratio is close to 1 to 1.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To be honest, dating sites sound f""king horrendous to me, I wouldn't bother with them HPM, waste of time and energy, when you can achieve MUCH more success from meeting women in the real world, where you can demonstrate the "game-changers" personality, humour and confidence.

Chris is right though, once you actually generate the courage to go up and chat to women regularly in real life, your confidence WILL snowball, regardless of whether you get a few rejections or not.

It takes balls to start doing that when you've never genuinely done it before, (only really started doing it myself at 22) and it will give you a buzz and adrenaline rush which will make it like a fun addiction.

Hiding behind lifts for the rest of your life however, will never allow you to be comfortable in your own skin and will stunt your confidence permanently as a result leading to lifetime failure with the opposite sex. Sorry.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest, dating sites sound f""king horrendous to me, I wouldn't bother with them HPM, waste of time and energy, when you can achieve MUCH more success from meeting women in the real world, where you can demonstrate personality, humour and confidence.

Agreed. When most women are on a dating site it pretty much is the same as shopping for them because most of the guys on those sites will send out messages to every single girl who is at least reasonably attractive. This gives them a bit of an ego, and they start to feel that they can get a much better catch than they thought possible. I had a friend (girl) who set up her profile on POF and within a few hours had over two hundred messages sitting in her inbox. Every single day there were at least a hundred messages waiting for her. These all ranged from firefighters to guys who owned their own successful businesses. Dating in the real world is much easier because you find out up front everything that they have to offer instead of comparing a person to two hundred people at once and trying to decide who is best.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Hiding behind lifts for the rest of your life however, will never allow you to be comfortable in your own skin and will stunt your confidence permanently as a result leading to lifetime failure with the opposite sex. Sorry.

that is total bull****!

tom cruise wears lifts
sarkozy wears lifts

lots of guys wear lifts.

who are you to be the authority on women all of a sudden?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
i met sarkozy a few years ago, never took any notice of his shoes, its probably like spotting balding heads for short people

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
as for my comments re the dating sites, i said make an honest profile and just ignore it from then on and i stand by that, you dont have to bother with the bs from these sites, just leave it up with no expectations.

even if not a single bird messages you, what have you lost? youll meet women everyday in life generally, its not an either/or decision, the only reason not to is laziness.

what six packs or cooking skills have in common with height are they are all things you can change about yourself, i never said they were dealbreakers like height. what i want tk know is what i asked funnily enough, where does the work on yourself end.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
what six packs or cooking skills have in common with height are they are all things you can change about yourself, i never said they were dealbreakers like height. what i want to know is what I asked funnily enough, where does the work on yourself end.

you're an idiot.

you imply once I have done Hight surgery I will think I need to be a top chef now, this is silly, and down right offensive to the millions of short men that get rejected based on their height or feel in-complete in society, you have no respect for the true social problem of constitutional short stature and are comparing it to being a good cook, you sir, are an idiot.

what they have in common, nothing, other than you can change it, that is a weak argument.

honestly this post is totally offensive to any guy who is 5 4 and complaining about his height and you say "what next, you want to be top chef, it will never end", fact is if i was 5 8 I would be happy with my height and wouldn't try to be a good chef and have no other hangups about myself.