How Would You Rate Elton John's Hairpiece?

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rate shatners more. A more Conservative hairline for his age. A more appropriate colour for his age. Quite thin.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Does he maintain the hairline himself?

2019_07_25_76930_1564028937._large.jpg

Noah

Reaction score
It's a full cap, not just a standard topper. Only the sideburns are natural, as you can see from this picture. It doesn't look bad, although it does illustrate the shortcomings of a full cap - you basically have to have a shaggy unstructured style. But my sense is that Elton is beyond worrying about it looking realistic or age-appropriate. He is the Liberace de nos jours.

7E99A9CC-47A3-43E1-A6E2-2E9FB29C4ED0-199-0000006D3FE093AE.jpg

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Elton John is known for having lost his hair. Frankly I doubt his career would have been as successful for so long had he just gone bald.

But I go back to shatner and his full cap..

MV5BMTkxMjI4ODUxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjA5NTY2NTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Which is far better than his old ones.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks so bad ( Elton). This video is from a decade ago (he was 60) and he plays dumb about hair loss, you can tell he's visibly nervous discussing it. Pretending he doesn't know Propecia inside out when he probably knows the chemical formula and date of release lol. I guess wigs and failed/insufficient plugs, he's been through it all. He still dresses and does the same hairdo.

He's a lesson on how not to age, there comes a time when you have to adapt. The fake dye, lack of stubble and thin combover just makes him look like a creepy grandpa. As a celeb it's mildly tolerable but overall it's not something to replicate. In his head he's probably thinking I am hiding my hair loss, my greys and no stubble and I look better and younger for it.

Noah

Reaction score
Are we sure Shatner wears a full cap? I would have guessed if was a pretty large topper but with real sides. There is even a slight colour and texture difference in the photo which might suggest that. Irrespective, it's a great looking unit. If it is a full cap it must take a lot of work to attach.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
51j2kga46PL._AC_SY400_.jpg

He used to wear full wigs in tj hooker didn't he?

And as we know he had toppers in star trek.

Yes I did notice the texture difference there noah. But I've seen photos before without that.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it looks good. I also read somewhere that when someone tried to burglarize his home, he heard them and he would not approach them until he had his unit on his head! I don't remember where I read that though.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't assume Shatner wore a full cap. I'm not sure Elton John does either.

I hadn't seen him w/ an exposed hairline - only "bangs." He has the money to color match to his & get pieces that match the hair he has.

Why is cetain that Elton John wears a full cap?

He's gone on record, like Shatner, as saying he tried plugs & they failed badly...

Noah

Reaction score
Why is certain that Elton John wears a full cap?

There is a picture of him up-thread without the hair, and you can see what natural hair he has left.