How To Tell If You're Moving Into Norwood 3?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jack Ito You are NW1. Get the hell off this forum and come back in maybe 5 - 10 years.

shookwun

Reaction score
Damn I know this all too well.... Right in the feels, sucks to lose hair so young at 20..sigh

it means that despite what you think, something clearly is unnatural and doesn't register to the opposite eye.

When you have a normal hairline people dont stare and play ping pong with there eye on your hairline and you.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes! When you start wearing your baseball cap to weddings and funerals you're in the nw3 territory.
4mceko5.gif

Dont forget wearing the ball cap while indoors. removed strategically while in the safety of your own bedroom, but worn within common areas.

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there certain things to look out for if you're going Norwood 3? Reason I say this is because I feel my right temple has moved slightly to high to be considered a traditional Norwood 2 but I'm not sure if it's all in my head. Is the recession and thinning for a Norwood 3 a lot more aggressive than transition to a 2? My recession is stable though it has slowly crept up and I'm not entirely sure if it's still moving further now. It looks solid however I still have a tiny bit of stray hair that looks a bit thinner than the rest on the edges of the hairline.. my left temple is considered to be a Norwood 1/1.5 at the minute though this is likely to catch up to the process eventually.
if you are a heavy diffuser in front, norwood three means nothing.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah, well, they start doing that at norwood 2.

The human eye is good at noticing eccentricity
only if you have a shitty facial proportions.

Again, it's all FACE.

Even Aarons paul's huge six head inspired NW3A makes mimimal impact.

nry-cavill-attends-the-new-york-premiere-for-the-man-from-uncle-at-picture-id483601026?s=612x612.jpg

ad_129029670.jpg

austintheberg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know why people are reacting in such a hostile way. You're fine- a Norwood 1.5 at max. Live your life, man. you've got nothing to worry about.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still think it's a Norwood 1 now? I personally don't. Though I can't tell whether or not i'm viewing it as far worse than it actually is.. there's a high chance that all this obsessing has made me suffer from BDD to a certain degree.
Norwood 1.5 at most mate, relax a little

austintheberg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still think it's a Norwood 1 now? I personally don't. Though I can't tell whether or not i'm viewing it as far worse than it actually is.. there's a high chance that all this obsessing has made me suffer from BDD to a certain degree.
Yeah, you shouldn't worry about it. I know what's it's like to obsess about it and you think it's very noticeable but it's not. The more stress you cause about it the more your hair will fall out. Trust me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It is all about perspective. I have BDD and your hairline would cause concern for me too. I started on Propecia while still a thinning NW1(my high forehead makes it look receded to the point of concern) and it's 12 years later on Propecia and it's approaching a NW2. I have strong balding genes on my dad's side. But I could actually have taken nothing and still be where I am now. The only difference is I decided to buy a "finasteride insurance policy" just in case my dad's genes were going to surface. It's up to you if you want to take the same "insurance" for your future. Just don't obsess about something that is very minor. That is where your life can turn for the worse. You now know from some expert Norwood spotters, your hair is better than you realize. I, myself, got the same validation as well and it helped me realize how lucky I really am.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing which fucks with most peoples head is that they think unless they have a completely straight hairline, they are balding. Temples are normal and natural for many people. Even if you would have some thinning at the sides of the temples it's nothing to worry about since it's completely normal. Not all hairlines and scull shapes are the same. And most people will recede at the front it's normal. As long as you don't lose hair on your crown and keep a somewhat good density, then you are alright.

You have a true definition of mature hairline. Don't panic as soon as you see temples....this is number 1 mistake most people do.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is all about perspective. I have BDD and your hairline would cause concern for me too. I started on Propecia while still a thinning NW1(my high forehead makes it look receded to the point of concern) and it's 12 years later on Propecia and it's approaching a NW2. I have strong balding genes on my dad's side. But I could actually have taken nothing and still be where I am now. The only difference is I decided to buy a "finasteride insurance policy" just in case my dad's genes were going to surface. It's up to you if you want to take the same "insurance" for your future. Just don't obsess about something that is very minor. That is where your life can turn for the worse. You now know from some expert Norwood spotters, your hair is better than you realize. I, myself, got the same validation as well and it helped me realize how lucky I really am.

What do you think I should do in my current situation? Im only 19 so I'm a bit skeptical of using finasteride right now as my body could still be going through hormonal changes and I don't want to prohibit that.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Dude don't use finasteride yet, listen to what the guy said. Not everyone has a straight hairline, and in your case it could just be maturing. Unless you specifically notice miniaturization, don't panic just because you don't have an exactly straight hairline.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude i started propecia when i was 19, im 20 now and it didn't work for me. Maybe it will work for you but trust me the sooner you get on it the better. There are other options too which ive utilised and for the first time in my life with hair loss i am getting regrowth. Stay hopeful, its easier to maintain rather than to regrow.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What do you think I should do in my current situation? Im only 19 so I'm a bit skeptical of using finasteride right now as my body could still be going through hormonal changes and I don't want to prohibit that.
You can try minoxidil for now until you are ready to use finasteride.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there certain things to look out for if you're going Norwood 3? Reason I say this is because I feel my right temple has moved slightly to high to be considered a traditional Norwood 2 but I'm not sure if it's all in my head. Is the recession and thinning for a Norwood 3 a lot more aggressive than transition to a 2? My recession is stable though it has slowly crept up and I'm not entirely sure if it's still moving further now. It looks solid however I still have a tiny bit of stray hair that looks a bit thinner than the rest on the edges of the hairline.. my left temple is considered to be a Norwood 1/1.5 at the minute though this is likely to catch up to the process eventually.

Yes, I triangular hairline.

If your hairline starts looking like the Bermuda Triangle, your a Norwood 3.

If you have diffuse hair, and an island shaped bald pattern on your top, your just FUCKED.