How To Get Topical spironolactone? I Am A Woman So Not Worried.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had some minor trouble with oral spironolactone so i am putting that on back burner for now.

I am thinking to try topical spironolactone.

I can buy it from my Dr mixed with minoxidil and some other stuff melatonin some other thing can't remember.

i would rather just get straight minoxidil, and spironolactone separate.

Do i need a prescription from regular dermatologist for this? What strength?

Also does it smell? how do you get the smell out?

Thanks for any information.

Currently under Dr supervision/testing I am taking high dose of iron (I'm anemic)
and using Keto 2% 2-3x a week.
And laser comb--for shits and giggles.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not available online in any reputable capacity. You can ask your doctor to have it custom compounded at 5%. If he's making another product, he's got the ability to order a version with just the spironolactone. He may not be willing, but he's fully capable.

Smell is an issue, and it's a sulphur-like smell. Getting it out requires some knowledge of creating products like this effectively. You can just apply it at night maybe. Although it's recommended to be applied twice a day for full 24 hour coverage.

Unfortunately the FDA, in their constant pursuit to protect us from ourselves, and not let us do completely harmless things with our own bodies, has decided that this ingredient cannot be sold online unless you are a pharmacy that they approve of.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Admin Thank you for the reply.

My Dr is pretty cool so i think if he can do this he will.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had some minor trouble with oral spironolactone so i am putting that on back burner for now.

I am thinking to try topical spironolactone.

I can buy it from my Dr mixed with minoxidil and some other stuff melatonin some other thing can't remember.

i would rather just get straight minoxidil, and spironolactone separate.

Do i need a prescription from regular dermatologist for this? What strength?

Also does it smell? how do you get the smell out?

Thanks for any information.

Currently under Dr supervision/testing I am taking high dose of iron (I'm anemic)
and using Keto 2% 2-3x a week.
And laser comb--for shits and giggles.

what makes you think this won't go systemic?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what makes you think this won't go systemic?

Well tell me what you think;

My side effect was it effected my monthly cycle in a very negative way.

But i was on a high dose..200mg a day.

After i went off of it took several months for things to straighten out.

Do you think if topical went systemic it would have same systemic potency as oral spironolactone at 200 mg?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well tell me what you think;

My side effect was it effected my monthly cycle in a very negative way.

But i was on a high dose..200mg a day.

After i went off of it took several months for things to straighten out.

Do you think if topical went systemic it would have same systemic potency as oral spironolactone at 200 mg?

I doubt it. The only thing that concerns me about topical spironolactone is that I don't think I have EVER encountered anyone that has reported positive results, or gains on it. It was hyped up for a while, then died down. This is definitely something that @Swoop or @Dench57 or someone might know more about. I personally think it doesn't work, based on anecdotal evidence. I did try it for a while about 1.5 years ago and it didn't do anything for me.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it. The only thing that concerns me about topical spironolactone is that I don't think I have EVER encountered anyone that has reported positive results, or gains on it. It was hyped up for a while, then died down. This is definitely something that @Swoop or @Dench57 or someone might know more about. I personally think it doesn't work, based on anecdotal evidence. I did try it for a while about 1.5 years ago and it didn't do anything for me.
The owner of this site has reported positive results. When I was a regular on the hair loss forums in the mid 2000's, several people claimed long term success in maintaining their existing hair on it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

i have my doubts as well. I can only find 1 study and its old as hell.
But if its even 'mildly' affective it might work for me because I have all normal hormone levels.
I would use it in conjunction with Keto 2%--now on 4th month.
Then maybe add in Minoxidil after spironolactone--dont want to add both at same time period in case i have reaction of any kind i know which.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The owner of this site has reported positive results. When I was a regular on the hair loss forums in the mid 2000's, several people claimed long term success in maintaining their existing hair on it.

Thats what i am looking to do maintain..hoping in 2017 or 2018 better treatments with less side effects available.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yo, can it be possible to MAKE a topical of 5% spironolactone with ethanol??
Just a solution/liquid, no cream.

Also is their any issue with smell WITHOUT mixing it with minoxidil??

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo, can it be possible to MAKE a topical of 5% spironolactone with ethanol??
Just a solution/liquid, no cream.

Also is their any issue with smell WITHOUT mixing it with minoxidil??

I actually purchased some from my Dr.

You can but it think its better to have it compounded or buy it.
the smell is awful i think if not compounded properly.

They sell a cream on this forum..you can look around i think you will find the page with the items they sell.

I never tried it so i cannot vague for it.