How To Get A Body Like This? In Particular The Chest

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
5'9'', it doesn't change anything anyway, I'm an ectomorph with narrow shoulders, small wrists and a dislocated shoulder, to boot. I couldn't get results even if I wanted to lift or pratice any sport.

I'm Ectomorph with narrow shoulders. Plenty guys have narrow shoulders but still look great by building their shoulders up.

There must be a way for you to get fit. Let your shoulder heal and hit the gym man!

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to undergo surgery, and it will take months to recover. Furthermore, my surgeoun told me that he doesn't even know if it will heal completely and I may have to avoid specific physical activities. I'll undergo surgery next year, and will recover in another year, so for 2 years I won't be able to do anything anyway, by which time I'll be 26. Game over.

lol game over. Common man. In today's world f*****g 50 is young. That guy I posted above is in his mid 40s and would've banging all kinds of hot chicks if he weren't married.

Just focus on other things in the mean time.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kj what is your current workout plan specifically?

Cheers

It's not always this specific, but more or less this is what I'm doing at the moment:

Upper body w/ focus on Chest/tris
Upper legs
Calves/abs
Upper body w/ focus on back, chest/tris
Upper legs
Calves/abs

repeat

Pretty much this with a day or 2 off each week. Lifting for hypertrophy. I was also doing HIIT a few times a week but I've recently pulled back on the cardio since I decided I want to put on a bit more size and I only have so much time and I need the recovery as well. Previously I'd pretty much just been maintaining around the same size for the last several years

Everyone's body is different, and I tailor my workouts to fit my own body and focus on my hard gaining areas and what I feel looks most aesthetic

EDIT: also sometimes rather than doing calves and abs in the same workout, I'll split them up and do 2 a day at the gym if I have time so each of these muscle groups gets as much energy output as possible

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not always this specific, but more or less this is what I'm doing at the moment:

Upper body w/ focus on Chest/tris
Upper legs
Calves/abs
Upper body w/ focus on back, chest/tris
Upper legs
Calves/abs

repeat

Pretty much this with a day or 2 off each week. Lifting for hypertrophy. I was also doing HIIT a few times a week but I've recently pulled back on the cardio since I decided I want to put on a bit more size and I only have so much time and I need the recovery as well. Previously I'd pretty much just been maintaining around the same size for the last several years

Everyone's body is different, and I tailor my workouts to fit my own body and focus on my hard gaining areas and what I feel looks most aesthetic

EDIT: also sometimes rather than doing calves and abs in the same workout, I'll split them up and do 2 a day at the gym if I have time so each of these muscle groups gets as much energy output as possible

Cheers!

SonfofOdin

Reaction score
For pushups, maybe you can go to as high of reps as 12-15 but if you're doing 3 sets of 25 you're almost turning your push ups into a form of interval training for fat loss. An example is, you don't find swole old ladies walking around lifting their purses all day long. If the resistance is so low that you're able to bust out multiple sets of 25 with it, you need to find a way to add weight. I recommend considering the backpack modification I mentioned earlier.

With this modification, you may want to invest in some push up handles, or something like the Perfect Pushup(but the handles are cheaper). This will put your wrists in a safer and stronger position which will become increasingly more important as you gain in strength.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
For pushups, maybe you can go to as high of reps as 12-15 but if you're doing 3 sets of 25 you're almost turning your push ups into a form of interval training for fat loss. An example is, you don't find swole old ladies walking around lifting their purses all day long. If the resistance is so low that you're able to bust out multiple sets of 25 with it, you need to find a way to add weight. I recommend considering the backpack modification I mentioned earlier.

With this modification, you may want to invest in some push up handles, or something like the Perfect Pushup(but the handles are cheaper). This will put your wrists in a safer and stronger position which will become increasingly more important as you gain in strength.

Cheers mate.

I can just about get up to 15 reps now, although it is hard. I am weak as sh*t lol. Maybe I'll just leave it at that.

Man there's so much info about all this I have no idea where to start. So many different exercises, routines etc etc.

If I was to just focus on compound exercises for now would doing a few sets a week on the main ones would it give me results?

So what I mean is, say for my chest, the only exercise I would do for it would be the bench press. Is once a week enough?

I know a popular plan for guys is to split days for different parts of the body... Leg day, arm day. Etc

But I'm not interested in this. My plan would be to say workout a couple times a week with just compound exercises split in two.

I feel I could keep it up doing 2 a week. I can stick to it.

But like I said, if I just did a few sets of bench press on one of those days would this be enough to work my chest? I've read you should only York one body part a week. But I wouldn't be doing a bunch of chest exercises. Just one. Do you know what I mean?

SonfofOdin

Reaction score
As someone new to working out you're going to get results from just about anything as long as it is an effective movement with at least moderately difficult weight for you. If you feel you're past bodyweight exercises or just don't want to do them then you can try your plan. Just remember that for every 'push' movement, you want equal, or even more volume in a 'pull' movement. That's to avoid rolled shoulders and injury, which is why the workout I gave you had an equal amount of push ups, as did it pull ups. The pull ups are actually a harder movement to perform so you were getting more intensity in retracting the shoulders(important for posture especially since many of us spend time hunched at our desks). So just follow that important rule and you'll save yourself pain and injury down the road.

I personally follow a full body 3-4 day a week program that focuses on the compound lifts and I'm currently much bigger than the guys in your photos. But this took years. You won't 'accidentally' get too big. So don't even worry about that. Pair the bench press with a big compound pull exercise such as the barbell row.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no damn reps to shape muscle shape is genetic, op eat good sleep good train heavy with compound movments Go heavy bench then incline then some flyes etc etc i Can keep on going for days, just do the basic Go on a 5x5 routine look it upp its a good beginer routine

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone new to working out you're going to get results from just about anything as long as it is an effective movement with at least moderately difficult weight for you. If you feel you're past bodyweight exercises or just don't want to do them then you can try your plan. Just remember that for every 'push' movement, you want equal, or even more volume in a 'pull' movement. That's to avoid rolled shoulders and injury, which is why the workout I gave you had an equal amount of push ups, as did it pull ups. The pull ups are actually a harder movement to perform so you were getting more intensity in retracting the shoulders(important for posture especially since many of us spend time hunched at our desks). So just follow that important rule and you'll save yourself pain and injury down the road.

I personally follow a full body 3-4 day a week program that focuses on the compound lifts and I'm currently much bigger than the guys in your photos. But this took years. You won't 'accidentally' get too big. So don't even worry about that. Pair the bench press with a big compound pull exercise such as the barbell row.

Thanks a lot mate. I think I'll definitely start with a basic compound workout. This seems to be what football players do also. Along with a lot core work.

You say you do a 3-4 day full body workout. Are your muscles getting enough rest in between workouts?

I've read you should give your muscles a week rest after a workout? But does this only apply if you're doing a split day workout for each muscle group (mon - chest, tues - legs, etc etc)?

So because your doing a full body workout each time your not working out those individual muscles a lot every time, you can work them again a couple days later? Is this right?

Cheers!

Also mate if your workout the same for every day or do you different exercises?

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read you should give your muscles a week rest after a workout? But does this only apply if you're doing a split day workout for each muscle group (mon - chest, tues - legs, etc etc)?

Nah depends on how much you break the muscle down but in general after 48 hours you should be good to work that same muscle again if you want

If all you're doing is bodyweight your recovery shouldn't be too long

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah depends on how much you break the muscle down but in general after 48 hours you should be good to work that same muscle again if you want

If all you're doing is bodyweight your recovery shouldn't be too long

Ok cheers mate

I will be moving on to weights eventually but only light. Like I said I want to remain lean like a footballer.

I've been reading a bit on those bodybuilding forums. There's a lot to learn with all this

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gather up a spare few hundred dollars and check around street corners and craigslist.

R

ravsharan

The chest exercises like Barbell Bench Press, Flat Bench Dumbbell Press and Seated Machine Chest Press works for it.