How Much Toppik A Month Do You Use?

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tend to go through maybe 1 and a bit 12g size a month.. I usually use it around 6 days of the week. Just wondering about others experiences?

Also, does anyone else find that black actually has a blue tint to it?

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't use Toppik anymore - hair ran out and the concealer was becoming too obvious -but when I did, I was getting through about a tub every month? The key to using Toppik, in my opinion, is to use it sparingly. Too much and your hair looks weird and claggy. Too little and your hair looks thin. Like most things in life, it's a balancing act. Cost is just one factor involved.

P.S. The blue tint you pick up on is probably a function of lights. I once went to the club wearing black Toppik and under the lights, my head looked green. It wasn't Green Goblin intense colour or anything, but it was more than enough to make me think twice. In any other situation, though, you're probably okay. The only time it ever did this was under club lights.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to try and use a little less.. the technique I tend to use is part the middle and also 1 either side and apply. Then touch up the crown as well as some on the sides where it's thin.. the blue tint I was mentioning is in the photo I've attached..

Attachments

• 20190917_175917.jpg
    20190917_175917.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 964
  • 20190917_174415.jpg
    20190917_174415.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 951

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I switched to dermmatch I went through a 30g bottle of caboki every 2 to 2.5 months. I used very sparingly and after applying would let stay in for about 3 days before washing out and then immediately reapplying.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I'm going to try and use a little less.. the technique I tend to use is part the middle and also 1 either side and apply. Then touch up the crown as well as some on the sides where it's thin.. the blue tint I was mentioning is in the photo I've attached..

Dude what the hell, that looks ridiculous haha. You have absolutely no need for concealers, hell you don't even have hair loss. Get off this site and enjoy your life.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I wish that were true, however the long hair does hide alot of it, but in direct sunlight its very noticeable. But its moree the fact that my hair is very thin now (which was brought on by taking finasteride) and gets blown around at the slightest breeze

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I switched to dermmatch I went through a 30g bottle of caboki every 2 to 2.5 months. I used very sparingly and after applying would let stay in for about 3 days before washing out and then immediately reapplying.
Are you not using minoxidil?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you not using minoxidil?

I tried topical for a year and had minimal benefits. I had a reaction to the foam version.. dry scalp, kinda like a rash / mild chemical burn. I use oral minoxidil, 10mg. It is also having minimal benefits. Did 5mg for about 1.5 years and now the 10mg for past 6 months.

I'm mostly seeing benefits from microneedling, propecia, and supplements.

20190919_082900.jpg

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried topical for a year and had minimal benefits. I had a reaction to the foam version.. dry scalp, kinda like a rash / mild chemical burn. I use oral minoxidil, 10mg. It is also having minimal benefits. Did 5mg for about 1.5 years and now the 10mg for past 6 months.

I'm mostly seeing benefits from microneedling, propecia, and supplements.

View attachment 128439

This regimen that you’re on, will it benefit me? I don’t want to use minoxidil. Here’s a few pictures;

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-die-alone-pls-incl-pics.124816/#post-1835961

Any help would be appreciated

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This regimen that you’re on, will it benefit me? I don’t want to use minoxidil. Here’s a few pictures;

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-die-alone-pls-incl-pics.124816/#post-1835961

Any help would be appreciated

Yea dude, for sure! You have pretty much the same pattern as me and I'm seeing great results.

The iron and vitamin c I just take weekly, and you only really need 7.5mg to 15mg, don't take the full 30mg. I take vitamin c with it because it helps your body aborb iron. The vitamin a I only do day before microneedling and day of, you don't want too much vitamin a. D3 is daily, lysine is every 2 to 3 days, I use it more for skin to fight possible oral minoxidil sides, apple cider vinegar daily, Ubiquinol daily, nac every 2 to 3 days, zinc daily, 1.25mg proscar daily (not pictured), 10mg oral minoxidil daily (in picture but layed down), 1.5m microneedling weekly.

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea dude, for sure! You have pretty much the same pattern as me and I'm seeing great results.

The iron and vitamin c I just take weekly, and you only really need 7.5mg to 15mg, don't take the full 30mg. I take vitamin c with it because it helps your body aborb iron. The vitamin a I only do day before microneedling and day of, you don't want too much vitamin a. D3 is daily, lysine is every 2 to 3 days, I use it more for skin to fight possible oral minoxidil sides, apple cider vinegar daily, Ubiquinol daily, nac every 2 to 3 days, zinc daily, 1.25mg proscar daily (not pictured), 10mg oral minoxidil daily (in picture but layed down), 1.5m microneedling weekly.
so you don’t use finasteride? Also how long till you noticed results with this?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you don’t use finasteride? Also how long till you noticed results with this?

Proscar is a brand of finasteride. Comes in 5mg pills that I quarter. Forgot to mention sandalore infused cream that I use day of and day after microneedling.

I started to see that it was working within 2 months but it wasn't cosmetically significant. By 3 months it really started to show.

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
Proscar is a brand of finasteride. Comes in 5mg pills that I quarter. Forgot to mention sandalore infused cream that I use day of and day after microneedling.

I started to see that it was working within 2 months but it wasn't cosmetically significant. By 3 months it really started to show.
doesn’t everything you buy get expensive? I need to start asap but I have so many expenses rn, how much is everything?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
doesn’t everything you buy get expensive? I need to start asap but I have so many expenses rn, how much is everything?

I probably spend around $400 a year all together. I buy the proscar and loniten in bulk which makes it about $240 a year, then the other $160 is from supplements.

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
I probably spend around $400 a year all together. I buy the proscar and loniten in bulk which makes it about $240 a year, then the other $160 is from supplements.
Does that proscar have the same side affects as finasteride?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does that proscar have the same side affects as finasteride?
Yes, same drug but with a different brand. Finpecia brand seemed to be ineffective and proscar seems to work a little. Helps maintain, does nothing to regrow.

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, same drug but with a different brand. Finpecia brand seemed to be ineffective and proscar seems to work a little. Helps maintain, does nothing to regrow.
you think what you use will have a decent affect on me? I feel like this is my last chance right now

Attachments

• 2DFE9A92-9EEF-4BFC-92B2-0A92B233001C.jpeg
    2DFE9A92-9EEF-4BFC-92B2-0A92B233001C.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 668
  • CF7560FF-4542-4A5E-9978-02C0B835FABE.jpeg
    CF7560FF-4542-4A5E-9978-02C0B835FABE.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 624
  • 737ECB18-CBD9-4355-A639-5D3BD7A616A8.jpeg
    737ECB18-CBD9-4355-A639-5D3BD7A616A8.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 634

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you think what you use will have a decent affect on me? I feel like this is my last chance right now

Yea. I'd suggest my routine for you, our pattern is similar. Do you ever use concealers? You have enough hair to look like your hair is perfect by using some.

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea. I'd suggest my routine for you, our pattern is similar. Do you ever use concealers? You have enough hair to look like your hair is perfect by using some.
I do but it’s getting too much, as in my girl has noticed it a bit and I can’t really do much activities with it in, ive been using it for about 2 years, it’s good but I’m kinda sick of it now

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you buy everything online? I’m from the uk and need to know where to buy everything, I can’t lose my hair, so stressful