How Much Hair Minimum To Use Fibers?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you cant be completley bald, but I have seen photos and videos of some pretty bald guys using fibers with decent results, how much minimum do you need for fibers?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you cant be completley bald, but I have seen photos and videos of some pretty bald guys using fibers with decent results, how much minimum do you need for fibers?

I would recommend that you have at least 60% of your hair density, otherwise it appears as if it's sitting on your scalp. And, find one which has a good sifter; I have found that the Toppik fibres are overly chunky, and the sifter isn't the greatest.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fibers can cover hair loss if you have not lost most of it. If they always look “pathetic”, they wouldn’t be used by many.
There are options other than buzz your hair. Its not the only route. Its the least desirable. You’re trying to make it otherwise, which will never work.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fibers can cover hair loss if you have not lost most of it. If they always look “pathetic”, they wouldn’t be used by many.
There are options other than buzz your hair. Its not the only route. Its the least desirable. You’re trying to make it otherwise, which will never work.
I'd say that is false. I got away with 20% of my hair density back in the days.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never used it before but i have seen a lot of people with not much density get great results from it. Just experiment with it yourself and see if you can pull it off.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never used it before but i have seen a lot of people with not much density get great results from it. Just experiment with it yourself and see if you can pull it off.
Yeah, I saw a few pics and videos of some pretty bald guys getting a decent look

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend that you have at least 60% of your hair density, otherwise it appears as if it's sitting on your scalp. And, find one which has a good sifter; I have found that the Toppik fibres are overly chunky, and the sifter isn't the greatest.
50% of density loss is when hair loss becomes apparent (we are talking diffusing here). At 60% density, most people don’t even know they are balding.

I would say have at least 30% of density so that you can fill in the other 20% with concealer. Otherwise, it does risk becoming noticeable and you start becoming paranoid about touch/weather/wind/water, etc.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't know sh*t. Am I supposed to post proof now, will you stfu then?

You don’t have to post proof, because I’m someone who legitimately had 20% of his hair left and can provide proof of that, and I tried to use hair fibres. It looks hideous, as there is not enough hair to cling on, and it ends up just sitting on your scalp. Please go back to complaining about having a small penis rather than giving advice, thanks.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don’t have to post proof, because I’m someone who legitimately had 20% of his hair left and can provide proof of that, and I tried to use hair fibres. It looks hideous, as there is not enough hair to cling on, and it ends up just sitting on your scalp. Please go back to complaining about having a small penis rather than giving advice, thanks.
dilate.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW for some bizarre reason ever since i started balding on my crown i never touched fibers, now i have no idea what i was thinking, i bought some black toppik from ebay for £7 and tried it last night, the results are insane, my diffuse thinning crown looks dense as f*** with it in, i was worried that since the toppik is dark black and my hair is only a sort of light black colour(thanks oral min) it would be noticeable but you can't tell im wearing it at all. Definitely something im going to be using daily from now on.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great to hear. I never bothered as well because of the hassle, and fear of it rubbing off on things. I might try it when I grow my hair back out. I have at least 50 hairs/cm², but they are very fine in spots. Do you think that is enough for it to work?

I can't quite say for sure tbh, it's cheap to get though, just try for yourself, i was amazed at the results, no longer needing to take ages carefully combing my hair certain way has been great. I still of course need to comb it after i have applied the toppik but after that i am good to go. I usually use hair spray/gel afterwards and have had no issues. It's not noticeable at all like i thought it would be.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no bluish tint to it?

Nope no tint, i have asked in broad day light if family members could see anything and they said no, maybe they were just being nice but i doubt it lol While my density is crap i still have a lot of hair to work with in my crown area, i don't really need to use much to get the sort of results i want from it, if your crown etc is in really bad shape and you need to use a lot then it might become more apparent.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used toppik for 10 years. It was a godsend. When I started, my hair was thinning hard, but I had enough that I didn’t need a lot of the product, and it only took a few minutes. My hair looked amazing with it. Though, over time (mainly by year 7-10), as my head started to actually bald in spots, it required more time and more fibers to get a believable look. It didn’t look great either, especially in front of a strong light source. So, I switched to a piece/toupee/unit. I say this...look at your hair with a harsh back light. If it looks decent, then you are a great candidate for toppik/hair fibers. Also, less is more around the hairline. Good luck!