How Many Here Go To The Gym? Stereotypical But Important

frankhoffa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I run and do kettlebell at home. It feels good to give your all into exercise. I get anxious like you about the change in my hair but I've found that when I buzz my head I feel better. So many fit dudes with and without balding buzz their heads because it's freaking manly. And if you can grow facial hair more power to you.

frankhoffa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Julian get on oral minoxidil and oral finasteride and stop crying about your hair. I get it affects you, it affects all of us but we gotta go hard on the treatments if we want success! Also add in B6 and Zinc vitamins. I trust you've read that post in the alternative treatments about Zix? Ive ordered those vitamins they arrive saturday and i hope they add some benefit :)
Good luck with minoxidil. It only shed my hair and gave me dermatitis and itch no matter if it was foam or liquid. I'm the end buzzing your head is better than trying to regrow or maintain thin patches.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with minoxidil. It only shed my hair and gave me dermatitis and itch no matter if it was foam or liquid. I'm the end buzzing your head is better than trying to regrow or maintain thin patches.
Thank you! Im actually using it orally so ive avoided all that hassle haha :D If your hair is at that stage and you see no results then i completely agree, but im only 20 and knocking on norwood 3 so i want to do anything i can to regrow some hairs, which i am doing but its a slow process. finasteride ruined my hair so i think im going to drop it soon since i have seen no positivies, only negatives from using it.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is oral minoxidil working well.? sides? I am interested in it but I read it was real sh*t for healh
Im only 2 months in and my shed hair has not grown back yet, however i am growing, lots of thin ( some are mildly thick ) dark hairs on previously bald areas. My temples are filling in nicely when i had no hair there when i started lol. It is definitely noticable at this stage of treatment but i dont expect big changes until 6 months and onwards

frankhoffa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! Im actually using it orally so ive avoided all that hassle haha :D If your hair is at that stage and you see no results then i completely agree, but im only 20 and knocking on norwood 3 so i want to do anything i can to regrow some hairs, which i am doing but its a slow process. finasteride ruined my hair so i think im going to drop it soon since i have seen no positivies, only negatives from using it.
How do you know that you didn't experience a shed because of the minoxidil or natural hair loss? Do you have any side effects from the oral minoxidil such as water retention, swelling or weight gain?

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, you do have control. Quit wallowing and get on Propecia if your hair means that much to you. I'm in the gym 3-5 times a week and it hasn't affected my gains at all.

Oddly enough, I feel like using creatine for lifting (which increases DHT by like 50%) is the reason my hairline started to thin quickly when I was 18. I probably still would have receded in my 20s but I think it definitely accelerated it. Doesn't matter now though because Propecia absolutely saved my hair and grew it back very thick for the time being.

I agree with Jetlife, wallowing is the worst thing you can do. Propecia saved my life too, never looked back.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know that you didn't experience a shed because of the minoxidil or natural hair loss? Do you have any side effects from the oral minoxidil such as water retention, swelling or weight gain?
Im not sure what you mean? I'll just give you a quick summary of the whole story then.
In november 2016 i got on finasteride, noticied no shed but previously thick hairs at my temples and hairline turned thin and transparent as they grew almost overnight and by month 9 i had lost alot of ground and had no temple hair left.. so i added in oral minoxidil then 2 weeks into treatment i noticed my first shedding, i could lose easily 200 hairs a day, when before it was somewhere between 100 and 150. I was able to pull several strands out just by running my hands through my hair.. by the time i was 1 month into loniten ( still on finasteride ) i noticed the first signs of regrowth on my hairline and bald temples. Now im 2 months in and it is noticable in natural light, the hairs are mostly thin but they are pigmented. The side effevts ive experienced is my body hair is growing like crazy! But thats about it.. no bloating, water retention, headaches or anything.

Joseph Lloyd

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel for you brother. I hope things look up for you - the only thing I’d say as a fellow gym rat is you gotta find more than the gym to focus on - been there and done that where it’s an all consuming focus but the truth is the leaner and stronger I was the more unhappy I became...

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm maintaining at this . Never did drugs just consistency and I had a good foundation naturally.

Also on dutasteride and it hasn't effected my physique yet

Attachments

• IMG_8146.JPG
    IMG_8146.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 267

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm maintaining at this . Never did drugs just consistency and I had a good foundation naturally.

Do you intend on taking dutasteride indefinitely if no side effects become apparent? I'd find it almost impossible to withdraw myself from the drug when given results like that. Also, do you take sarms of any sort?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score

Holy sh*t dude, that's amazing. Do you know much body fat % you are? I am very strong but I have a high BF%, I am trying really hard to cut weight but it's sapping my energy in the gym.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel so out of control of my own body. The gym is the only place I feel like I have some control over it. I've upped my sets to 4 from 3 on each exercise. I'm running and doing elliptical more, more miles and longer sprints. I'm spending close to 2 hours per workout not counting biking up and back and it's not enough, I want more. When I leave and come home, I have to look at my shitty hair and I feel out of control again. The gym is the last and only joy in my life. Nothing else brings me happiness. When I get home, I wish I could go back. I wish I could stay there and never leave. I hate everything else in my life. I hate my isolation, I hate how I can't stop thinking of my hairloss, I hate the feeling of constant hopelessness. I hate it all. The gym is the only place I feel like my life has any purpose. There can't be any god, and if there is then f*** it. I can't believe someone would cause this much misery and anguish. I wish I had never been born. f*** it for even creating me.No one deserves this f*****g hell. I don't know how I can go on :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Same man. I mean, I learned how to just deal with it though, although I still feel unhappiness on occasion too.

I was always a pretty small and skinny kid. I always played sports, but never worked out or made an effort to build muscle or strength until a few years ago. I've been working out and lifting now for about 3 years consistently. It's a hard journey, and there will be times that months go by and I see no progress, and it's frustrating.

But recently I figured out that I simply wasn't pushing myself hard enough...I was treating my gym sessions almost like relaxation sessions. Can't do that. Gotta drink that preworkout and go into the gym feeling like you wanna destroy the whole place. When you think you're done, do a few more reps, a few more sets.

I went from not liking working out to loving it because it's one of the things that makes me feel like I'm winning or doing something good. I also wish I could spend more time in the gym, but the truth is there is such thing as overworking your muscles. They do need rest. All that's really necessary is 1 hour a day, 5-6 days a week. Hit each muscle group twice/week. Right now I'm not doing any cardio because I'm trying to gain weight, so that's all I do. I want to spend more time in there, but I really can't or it would be counterproductive.

People have told me to shave my head, get jacked, and get some tattoos...but I haven't been able to come to terms with that look of me...I'm 21, I want to look and feel young, and I've never been into tattoos so that's not something I want to do right now. But the gym is good for me...good for all of us.

Try to focus on the gains you make...that's what will bring you happiness!

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I will continue Dutesteride for sure. My hair gains have pretty much cured me for now and I'm more ripped now !!

Attachments

• IMG_8338.JPG
    IMG_8338.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 343

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Pretty low I guess maybe 10%? Not had it tested for a while

Holy sh*t dude, that's amazing. Do you know much body fat % you are? I am very strong but I have a high BF%, I am trying really hard to cut weight but it's sapping my energy in the gym.

Attachments

• IMG_8350.JPG
    IMG_8350.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 346