How Many Here Go To The Gym? Stereotypical But Important

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel so out of control of my own body. The gym is the only place I feel like I have some control over it. I've upped my sets to 4 from 3 on each exercise. I'm running and doing elliptical more, more miles and longer sprints. I'm spending close to 2 hours per workout not counting biking up and back and it's not enough, I want more. When I leave and come home, I have to look at my shitty hair and I feel out of control again. The gym is the last and only joy in my life. Nothing else brings me happiness. When I get home, I wish I could go back. I wish I could stay there and never leave. I hate everything else in my life. I hate my isolation, I hate how I can't stop thinking of my hairloss, I hate the feeling of constant hopelessness. I hate it all. The gym is the only place I feel like my life has any purpose. There can't be any god, and if there is then f*** it. I can't believe someone would cause this much misery and anguish. I wish I had never been born. f*** it for even creating me.No one deserves this f*****g hell. I don't know how I can go on :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm crying so much right now I don't know what to do. God I wish I could just wake up. f*** this life, I wish I could give it back. I never asked for this sh*t.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, the time for you has come, if the only thing you can do while you are alone is llok at your hair shave it, or buzz cut it to a #2 or lower, and start fresh, you'll see its not that bad and you wont be counting hairs all the time or try to do edgy combs... DO IT!

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, the time for you has come, if the only thing you can do while you are alone is llok at your hair shave it, or buzz cut it to a #2 or lower, and start fresh, you'll see its not that bad and you wont be counting hairs all the time or try to do edgy combs... DO IT!

I know bro I know. I want to, I really do, but I am too f*****g weak and afraid. I repped 275 on the bench tonight but I am weak for my hair. I cant imagine myself without it. I just started fina and I am so uneasy with it, getting rid of 70% of you DHT can't be good. I want to go back to boxing and MMA but I can't roll or spar with toppik in my hair or it will be revealed for tge thinning mess it is. But oh god I can't be bald. I just can't I wont be me.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its all about having control over things that happen in your life, not that those things control your life. Imo get take a time to accept it and get rid of it, once you take the plunge you'll feel much better about it and you'll see ppl dont pay much attention to it, you'll start doing MMA again. Ifbyou reeaaaally feel that bad without hair then look for other options such as a transplant or a wig...

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
definition of a cope

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, been following a 3 day full body routine since August. Starting to look more toned and seem to have a lot more energy now.

Shawna

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel so out of control of my own body. The gym is the only place I feel like I have some control over it. I've upped my sets to 4 from 3 on each exercise. I'm running and doing elliptical more, more miles and longer sprints. I'm spending close to 2 hours per workout not counting biking up and back and it's not enough, I want more. When I leave and come home, I have to look at my shitty hair and I feel out of control again. The gym is the last and only joy in my life. Nothing else brings me happiness. When I get home, I wish I could go back. I wish I could stay there and never leave. I hate everything else in my life. I hate my isolation, I hate how I can't stop thinking of my hairloss, I hate the feeling of constant hopelessness. I hate it all. The gym is the only place I feel like my life has any purpose. There can't be any god, and if there is then f*** it. I can't believe someone would cause this much misery and anguish. I wish I had never been born. f*** it for even creating me.No one deserves this f*****g hell. I don't know how I can go on :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

No. I get bored on machines. And i cannot stand the retards buffing up in front of mirrors

So i cycle, and lift a bit of weight when i can.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Count I am sorry you feel so Bad. This f*****g hair loss really is eating us slowly, the only thing you can do is save hair (if you can), save money and keep doing what you love :MMA. I use like a ton of toppik and it never revealed, at least that I know, during muay thaï. There is a spray to fix it. But I am not an heavy sweater person si maybe that's why.
Idk how you guys stand on the wig subject. It's lot of work and money but maybe it could help, idk.
Imo the wig is a good option, i wont take it but i feel like it can help some.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I repped 275 on the bench tonight

Jesus Christ. We need some body and hair pics. I want to see what you look like. and then jack off to it. I mean, what?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, agreed.. the gym one of the couple places I feel in control. I suppose we are lucky to be strong and healthy. :)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a really good, 45-minute, upper-body workout yesterday. I did ~8 exercises, three reps on each, lifted to exhaustion on pretty much every rep. My total counts either stayed level or increased from the previous weak, and today I'm kind of sore. It's nice.

shookwun

Reaction score
A black cap should be among the few importance pieces of artillery within ones arsenal. those mirrors can make the difference between a good and bad work out.

Once you are at home in the privacy of your own bedroom, the hat may be removed,

I also recommend a cool down period where you feel great and then like sh*t again. Avoid the mirror once the cap comes off.

hope this helps

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I worked out since 2011,and its funny how many bald or balding men going to gym,where i coming.Thats not bad,it doesnt feel me isolated:)..its very rare to see full head working out here haha..gym for me is like escape from overthinking about my hair loss and i feel really good when killin it :)

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL at the picture requests, I may be benching 275 but I weigh 225 lol. I will post pics when I am no longer fat, if you're really interested PM me and I'll link you to my Insta where I have been documenting my progress.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, you do have control. Quit wallowing and get on Propecia if your hair means that much to you. I'm in the gym 3-5 times a week and it hasn't affected my gains at all.

Oddly enough, I feel like using creatine for lifting (which increases DHT by like 50%) is the reason my hairline started to thin quickly when I was 18. I probably still would have receded in my 20s but I think it definitely accelerated it. Doesn't matter now though because Propecia absolutely saved my hair and grew it back very thick for the time being.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Julian get on oral minoxidil and oral finasteride and stop crying about your hair. I get it affects you, it affects all of us but we gotta go hard on the treatments if we want success! Also add in B6 and Zinc vitamins. I trust you've read that post in the alternative treatments about Zix? Ive ordered those vitamins they arrive saturday and i hope they add some benefit :)

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just chiming in, there was a study years back that showed finasteride increased lean muscle mass 5-10%. It also raised testosterone levels in the study measurably, I think that's why it's banned in some sports. The study was on old men and found the bigger increases in those with low testosterone. Still, I don't think that means it would do nothing for younger men. I like to think it helps with gainz