How Many Grafts Do I Need To Fix My Hairline And Thinning Crown??

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you guys recommend?? Do maybe 2000-2500 now and save the rest for the future??

Attachments

• 20180117_102757.jpg
    20180117_102757.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 20180117_102941.jpg
    20180117_102941.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 20180117_104112.jpg
    20180117_104112.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 20180117_103113.jpg
    20180117_103113.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 228

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
1500 - 2000 would be enough for your hairline

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you guys recommend?? Do maybe 2000-2500 now and save the rest for the future??

the good ol' "how many grafts do i need" from a diffuse thinner not on finasteride. a hair transplant now will ruin your life. 100% guaranteed.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the good ol' "how many grafts do i need" from a diffuse thinner not on finasteride. a hair transplant now will ruin your life. 100% guaranteed.

I am on finasteride now

although I doubt i will be able to tell if it helps me because Rogaine has been completely maintaining 100%

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1500 - 2000 would be enough for your hairline

do you see how diffuse his hair is becoming?? WHAT if what happened to me and SO many others happens?? Here are some details of the most possible outcome.

he gets a hair transplant, maybe to "thicken up his hairline and crown"

he gets severe "shock loss" or more realistically Telogen Effluvium.. 4-5 months after the transplant, he has lost another 30% of his density

The Telogen Effluvium resides, he regrows some of his hair, a couple years pass, he falls into a deep depression as the hair around the transplants gets thinner and thinner.

"OH sh*t, finasteride isn't working!! f***!!"

" oh maybe another transplant will help"

repeat steps 1-4 until he is disfigured with head of sickly thin transplants that grow like weeds.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on finasteride now

although I doubt i will be able to tell if it helps me because Rogaine has been completely maintaining 100%

Well, you need to wait a year or two and be 100% confident that Finasteride is working and working WELL.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ANY intelligent, well-researched person on here will tell you it's 100% a terrible idea right now. Any intelligent, IAHRS approved, well respected surgeon will tell you the same. It's that simple.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do I know if it's finasteride and not Rogaine working? Rogaine has completely maintained

sometimes it's hard to tell. Hopefully with finasteride you will see some thickening. just stay on both for a year or two and re-evaluate.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you see how diffuse his hair is becoming?? WHAT if what happened to me and SO many others happens?? Here are some details of the most possible outcome.

he gets a hair transplant, maybe to "thicken up his hairline and crown"

he gets severe "shock loss" or more realistically Telogen Effluvium.. 4-5 months after the transplant, he has lost another 30% of his density

The Telogen Effluvium resides, he regrows some of his hair, a couple years pass, he falls into a deep depression as the hair around the transplants gets thinner and thinner.

"OH sh*t, finasteride isn't working!! f***!!"

" oh maybe another transplant will help"

repeat steps 1-4 until he is disfigured with head of sickly thin transplants that grow like weeds.
That is some real, dark and depressing sh*t dude.
@brahmabull117 I would heed Buckthorn's warning. If you don't mind some man titties you can always hop on estrogen and regrow all your hair without a transplant at a fraction of the cost ;)
Or do whatever you want, it's your hair and ultimately whatever you choose is going to have pros and cons. Time to weigh em up bro.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ANY intelligent, well-researched person on here will tell you it's 100% a terrible idea right now. Any intelligent, IAHRS approved, well respected surgeon will tell you the same. It's that simple.

I emailed Richard Kellar, who is one of the best in the country and he said I was a good candidate. I gave him all the details

I wonder if finasteride is already started to work after a month. My crown looked worse if I recall correctly last year

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed Richard Kellar, who is one of the best in the country and he said I was a good candidate. I gave him all the details

I wonder if finasteride is already started to work after a month. My crown looked worse if I recall correctly last year

no offense to whoever this wack job is, but you are actually one of the worst candidates. GET A SECOND OPINION.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@brahmabull117 I would heed Buckthorn's warning. If you don't mind some man titties you can always hop on estrogen and regrow all your hair without a transplant at a fraction of the cost ;)
Or do whatever you want, it's your hair and ultimately whatever you choose is going to have pros and cons. Time to weigh em up bro.

it's the truth.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

lets try a different exercise to get some perspective. WHY are you a good candidate. The ONLY reason is because you have good donor hair.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't know Richard Kellar? Him and Raymond Konior are the 2 best in Chicago

i've heard of him, but I wouldn't say he is one of the best in the country. not by a long shot. Anyways, do what you wish man! Obviously, I hope it works out well for you! I am just saying, if finasteride ends up not working, you are totally fucked my friend.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lets try a different exercise to get some perspective. WHY are you a good candidate. The ONLY reason is because you have good donor hair.

my hair loss has stabilized stopped last couple years

and I have great density except for crown and front temples to where a transplant would make it look fantastic overall. Similar to how a woman with decent boobs already looks much better with implants than a totally flat women trying to stuff 2 basketballs back there.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i've heard of him, but I wouldn't say he is one of the best in the country. not by a long shot. Anyways, do what you wish man! Obviously, I hope it works out well for you! I am just saying, if finasteride ends up not working, you are totally fucked my friend.

isn't it around 90% of people that it works for?

how much longer will rogain maintain? I've heard it can work for 20 years or so

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lol @ estrogen

I'm hugely into fitness- you can see the bulging traps muscles in the pic

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my hair loss has stabilized stopped last couple years

and I have great density except for crown and front temples to where a transplant would make it look fantastic overall. Similar to how a woman with decent boobs already looks much better with implants than a totally flat women trying to stuff 2 basketballs back there.

how old are you?

1) stabilization with minoxidil is a joke. It stabilized my hair loss for a couple years too. Now I am more than half bald.

2) You HAVE decent density... but that's not going to last. A transplant will drastically speed up hair loss to, especially in the recipient area. You are losing your hair man. You will always be playing catch up with transplants until you run out of donor.

3) a transplant MAY make it look fantastic for a while, until you diffuse more right behind it. Then it will look odd, no matter who does it.