How Many Grafts Do I Need To Fix My Hairline And Thinning Crown??

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you?

1) stabilization with minoxidil is a joke. It stabilized my hair loss for a couple years too. Now I am more than half bald.

2) You HAVE decent density... but that's not going to last. A transplant will drastically speed up hair loss to, especially in the recipient area. You are losing your hair man. You will always be playing catch up with transplants until you run out of donor.

3) a transplant MAY make it look fantastic for a while, until you diffuse more right behind it. Then it will look odd, no matter who does it.

I'm 29

do you have proof that Rogaine only works for couple years??

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, that's my two bits. I will just leave you with the fact that you NEED to do a lot of research first and consult with a lot of good hair transplant surgeons. Watch some of Joe Tillmans (the hair transplant mentor) videos on youtube as well. they will give you some perspective on what you can ACTUALLY achieve with hair transplants.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you go in for the consultation the doctors are going to be VERY pursuasive. Most are just business men first. They are covered in terms of liability. As much mental torture as it may cause, they are never held accountable. Just be careful.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you go in for the consultation the doctors are going to be VERY pursuasive. Most are just business men first. They are covered in terms of liability. As much mental torture as it may cause, they are never held accountable. Just be careful.

It's worth noting that my family pattern should not lead me to complete balding. My uncle and grandpa both have hair at 50 to 80. My dad was totally bald at 24 so I don't think I have his pattern

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's worth noting that my family pattern should not lead me to complete balding. My uncle and grandpa both have hair at 50 to 80. My dad was totally bald at 24 so I don't think I have his pattern

no offense, but that means absolutely nothing.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no offense, but that means absolutely nothing.

family history means nothing??

I could go bald in my 30s and 40s even though nobody else has followed that pattern? that's shocking to me. I've always been told family genetics are everything

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
family history means nothing??

I could go bald in my 30s and 40s even though nobody else has followed that pattern? that's shocking to me. I've always been told family genetics are everything

you don't really know which combination of male pattern baldness genetics you are getting. Plus, I HAD very very slow hair loss (almost full head at 32) UNTIL I got an hair transplant and had terrible Telogen Effluvium. Lost 30% permanently. Finasteride? lost another 20-30% permanently. I am NOT saying you'll be the same and I hope to God you're not. But the ONE thing I learned is hope for the best, but plan for the worst. imo - 90% success rate with finasteride is COMPLETE garbage.

All I am saying is that I would WAIT to make 100% sure finasteride works for you. Otherwise, you'll be having a life of hair transplants, which has never turned out well for anybody. I know you're 29, but I would consider your male pattern baldness semi-aggressive still. You have very diffuse loss in the crown, the hair line is pretty diffused and the rest of your head is starting to diffuse as well.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't really know which combination of male pattern baldness genetics you are getting. Plus, I HAD very very slow hair loss (almost full head at 32) UNTIL I got an hair transplant and had terrible Telogen Effluvium. Lost 30% permanently. Finasteride? lost another 20-30% permanently. I am NOT saying you'll be the same and I hope to God you're not. But the ONE thing I learned is hope for the best, but plan for the worst. imo - 90% success rate with finasteride is COMPLETE garbage.

All I am saying is that I would WAIT to make 100% sure finasteride works for you. Otherwise, you'll be having a life of hair transplants, which has never turned out well for anybody. I know you're 29, but I would consider your male pattern baldness semi-aggressive still. You have very diffuse loss in the crown, the hair line is pretty diffused and the rest of your head is starting to diffuse as well.

you lost 30% with finasteride? wut? I've never heard of anybody losing hair with finasteride

all my hair loss was at 25/26. I haven't lost anything last 3 years. I actually think my crown is better than 2 years ago

I tried to look up negative experiences with Kellar/Konior and Vladimir panine. Everybody seemed pretty happy with the work done