How many fingers is it from the top of your brow to your hairline?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am four fingers. When you measure don't wrinkle your brow as this will make your forehead seem shorter.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 and a half!

d5f5958203bfd5373553aee93dffc939.jpg

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 and a half in the middle of the hairline. But around the corners it goes up to 4 one side. 4 and a half the other. :ermm:

Lol Dench at least his hairline is straight :baaa:

g.i joey

Reaction score
4 in the middle of the hairline, 5 to my temple points. i have a high *** forehead but my prominent facial features ( jaw line, wide face) blend it in well imo.

shookwun

Reaction score
Peyton Manning give a shout out and his condolences out to all the five heads

peyton-manning5.png

hairlifted

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont have much hair loss but with my big forehead its still four fingers. I'd imagine without treatment I'd hit that fivehead territory pretty quickly...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If Zayn Malik were answering he would say 1.5 fingers or maybe barely 2 fingers. It seems 4 might be the average. Wolf, I though you might just be about a three finger guy. Regardless according to Joan, you are model material. I am really jealous of you now. :)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Do toes count?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Zayn Malik were answering he would say 1.5 fingers or maybe barely 2 fingers. It seems 4 might be the average. Wolf, I though you might just be about a three finger guy. Regardless according to Joan, you are model material. I am really jealous of you now. :)

Zayn's is well small tbh, it's a juvenile hairline. The male juvenile hairline is basically what the female one is. Certain ethnicities retain a lower hairline, his forehead is small too. Mine is bang on 3 fingers. It's slightly more in the middle now as the forelock has thinned at the bottom. That's why it took me so long to notice recession I think. I was never particularly observant/preoccupied, but having the right forehead size ensured it took me longer to notice a change to my face. I had to lose A LOT around the corners for things to slightly change. Even my gf didn't pick it up. I always maintain though, there has not been a change in my actual life since going from Norwood 1 to Norwood 2.5. I will still correct it though because I dislike it and having restricted styling options.

Ha, those models are very good looking :) I hear you're a looker yourself, an asset on this forum generally, I hope you never leave :)

As I've said before, I don't think you need a transplant since you showed me a picture of a similar hairline. It's just your forehead is genetically high/big. Lowering the hairline WITHIN the forehead doesn't look natural at times. My hairline began at the top of my forehead, where it meets the scalp, that's how it should be. It's just that it happened to be a well proportioned size. Forehead reduction is a different ball game.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Zayn's is well small tbh, it's a juvenile hairline. The male juvenile hairline is basically what the female one is. Certain ethnicities retain a lower hairline, his forehead is small too. Mine is bang on 3 fingers. It's slightly more in the middle now as the forelock has thinned at the bottom. That's why it took me so long to notice recession I think. I was never particularly observant/preoccupied, but having the right forehead size ensured it took me longer to notice a change to my face. I had to lose A LOT around the corners for things to slightly change. Even my gf didn't pick it up. I always maintain though, there has not been a change in my actual life since going from Norwood 1 to Norwood 2.5. I will still correct it though because I dislike it and having restricted styling options.

Ha, those models are very good looking :) I hear you're a looker yourself, an asset on this forum generally, I hope you never leave :)

As I've said before, I don't think you need a transplant since you showed me a picture of a similar hairline. It's just your forehead is genetically high/big. Lowering the hairline WITHIN the forehead doesn't look natural at times. My hairline began at the top of my forehead, where it meets the scalp, that's how it should be. It's just that it happened to be a well proportioned size. Forehead reduction is a different ball game.
Its ironic you are telling me you hope I don't leave but I was thinking about leaving for good as I think my obsession with this forum might be hindering me somewhat as it only reinforces my obsession with hair. I live in a community mostly populated with hispanics and from my perspective they hit the genetic lottery in every aspects except height. They have the best hair genetics and skin I have ever seen. So I have to deal with that envy as well which I think only stems from my own insecurities and BDD. I think in order for me to get better I have to avoid situations that cause me to think about hair and hair loss and focus on other things. This place is an addiction to me. I think psychologically what attracts me to this forum is I never had some really good male friends that were around every day. All my male friends have moved away and I barely see them. I am pretty much a loner and this community has become my "circle of friends" and its only virtual. Its always safe too so I guess that is why I always keep coming back. However, I think it would be better if I avoid it so I can think less about my hair. Wolf, what do you think?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
One toe many! -)
What's the measurement from the top of your brow to your hairline using your toes to count? :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Doctor maybe a sabbatical leave from here would do you some good? Step out a more if you can. It can feel better to challenge your comfort sphere a little now and then.
Who knows what the morning brings?

You may even surprise yourself, one particularly bright and noisy evening, dancing on the square down from where you live.
As you exchange introductory niceties "Paso Doble" style,
with a local (single) Latin beauty who serendipitously caught your selective eye, where she stayed gently suspended the remainder of the night.
To dazzle you like she was completely yours. Your personally assigned constellation.

We'll miss you Doctor. Never allow sentimentality to bind and keep you. It will never be proxy to the fantastic journey before you. Bon Voyage!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi Doctor, I'll give you my personal opinion. I don't think leaving will make any difference whatsoever. The way to control BDD is basically medication and/or behavioural therapy. The latter is more important. You could see your trigger anywhere, not just on a forum. As you point out - certain guys you see on the street. Plus here I think ultimately you feel better. You probably just felt a low point which will pass with time, it will go remember that.

If anything you have more hair than anyone on here and are older. Seeing younger people with less hair, should put things into perspective. I am not saying that to be cruel to them but to emphasise that you're pretty lucky. The community like you here and if you feel a bit lonely in real life, then this place is a good break. Perhaps try and branch out with other male buddies if you're close ones are far away. I'm sure with the internet, you could find some people somehow. Also bdd support groups.

As for behavioural therapy, you need to challenge those thoughts. That doesn't mean avoid them. So if anything you have to see good skin/hair and then look at yours. With a therapist they would slowly expose you to better and better skin/hair pictures. Each time they would compare it to yours and get you to really see how yours is and reach an objective acceptance point. I imagine you're thinking things like "yours is the worst" or it makes you feel a bit disgusting. Perhaps you lose sight of how it actually is and isn't a big deal. Certainly your hair is basically full.

We don't have many hispanics here but I am aware that their skin, hair and darker exotic features are very much liked.

Overall, I would say you're a very lucky person from your own description. No one is perfect but you have good traits, really should try and give yourself a break :)
Wolf, I really appreciate your feedback and I think you are right. I am working on CBT therapy now. I take natural supplements for anxiety and stress. So I am working on it the best I can. I wish I could say my hair was better than you have this perception. It not as thick as you think. I don't have hair like Patrick Dempsey, Brad Pitt or John Stamos. Those guys have great hair for their age. I have better hair than average for my age but that is changing very fast for some reason. I am doing blood work to find out if everything is ok. Remember I suffer from a thyroid disorder too so I am sure that does not help my situation. But from the perspective of normal, my hair looks decent enough where I don't ever hear comments about losing my hair. My hair stylist does notice its slowly got thinner with less density but he tells me he does not think I am going to be bald. Its just that I was doing so well for so many years and now its starting to get worse again and I am really struggling to make it look decent. I guess its true I might be falling into a low point and doing too much negative self reflecting. I do need to remember what I have accomplished and realize it was not because of my hair or my looks. Thanks for being such a good online friend Wolf. You are someone I really wish I had as a local friend.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 in the center. About 6 to my bad right temple. I grow my hair out (emo bangs). To hide my balding.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wolf, I really appreciate your feedback and I think you are right. I am working on CBT therapy now. I take natural supplements for anxiety and stress. So I am working on it the best I can. I wish I could say my hair was better than you have this perception. It not as thick as you think. I don't have hair like Patrick Dempsey, Brad Pitt or John Stamos. Those guys have great hair for their age. I have better hair than average for my age but that is changing very fast for some reason. I am doing blood work to find out if everything is ok. Remember I suffer from a thyroid disorder too so I am sure that does not help my situation. But from the perspective of normal, my hair looks decent enough where I don't ever hear comments about losing my hair. My hair stylist does notice its slowly got thinner with less density but he tells me he does not think I am going to be bald. Its just that I was doing so well for so many years and now its starting to get worse again and I am really struggling to make it look decent. I guess its true I might be falling into a low point and doing too much negative self reflecting. I do need to remember what I have accomplished and realize it was not because of my hair or my looks. Thanks for being such a good online friend Wolf. You are someone I really wish I had as a local friend.

That's really sweet. I feel the same about your presence on this forum. The place just wouldn't be the same without the classical members popping by. You can always PM me. Even if my activity dips, I'll still check it. I would have a beer with you no problem if I knew you.

It's great you're doing CBT and natural supps for anxiety. Natural does work as far as anxiety is concerned. Oh I remember your thyroid disorder, it's vital to get it checked again as it can affect mood or even your hair. To be honest it also does sound like you have reason to worry a bit: if you've noticed the effects of the hair medication are truly wearing off, I can understand the frustration/concern. Perhaps this small set back has been made into something bigger due to your mental health background. It's good you're working on that with CBT, it should be a long term thing. Also the usual stuff: find some friends to unwind with, exercise, fresh air, walks. Anything that you like doing, do it.

It does sound though that you will not go bald as a lot of time has lapsed already and will just thin a bit - like your stylist said. That's okay, a bit of thinning is not a problem! Like you say, no one notices it day to day. That's great going. Plus you have options like transplants which will be good if needed. In other words, you're in control so as hard as it can be, try not to make it into something bigger than it really is. Your accomplishments are due to your intelligence. I know you have read some "mind well being" books and I like the insightful stuff you say.