How Long Have You Been Taken Propecia

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP it is in your best interests to stay on propecia. Logically, you WILL go bald and once you do ( and you will ) you will be an unhappy bald man The worst side effect is hairloss. Dont be that guy..goodluck md, i wish you all the best!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dralex, post: 1547912, member: 10498don't really understand this memory loss and brain fog people talk about. Doesn't everyone live with this sh*t? Like I've had this my entire life. I always have a sh*t memory, and my mind always feels clouded. It's not like I can just sit down and focus on my work without getting distracted at all. Everyone gets tired at times and just zones out. Isn't this sh*t normal? I do have ADD, but have made it through high school and college without meds, and managed to get good grades. I take Adderall occasionally but it doesn't even help that much, just mellows me out.[/QUOTE]
I got ADD too, i blame that for my hardened persistence towards hairloss treatments haha. Someday, oneday i will be NW1

g.i joey

Reaction score
[QUOTE="dralex, post: 1547912, member: 10498don't really understand this memory loss and brain fog people talk about. Doesn't everyone live with this sh*t? Like I've had this my entire life. I always have a sh*t memory, and my mind always feels clouded. It's not like I can just sit down and focus on my work without getting distracted at all. Everyone gets tired at times and just zones out. Isn't this sh*t normal? I do have ADD, but have made it through high school and college without meds, and managed to get good grades. I take Adderall occasionally but it doesn't even help that much, just mellows me out.
I got ADD too, i blame that for my hardened persistence towards hairloss treatments haha. Someday, oneday i will be NW1[/QUOTE]

Man you're really on a mission for that nw1 aren't you, just don't go full tranny on us brah plz

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@md2002 ; you have solid hair for your agre man !
if o could have that much hair at 44 i would be really happy !
so when you started propecia you already had this thin spot on your vertex ?
you hair didn't get worse ? thx

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really understand this memory loss and brain fog people talk about. Doesn't everyone live with this sh*t? Like I've had this my entire life. I always have a sh*t memory, and my mind always feels clouded. It's not like I can just sit down and focus on my work without getting distracted at all. Everyone gets tired at times and just zones out. Isn't this sh*t normal? I do have ADD, but have made it through high school and college without meds, and managed to get good grades. I take Adderall occasionally but it doesn't even help that much, just mellows me out.
Yea, i think people are too quick to put the blame on finasteride for everything. You might have been like that in the first place even without finasteride OP. Anyways, congrats for keeping your hair for so long, have you ever considered minoxidil ? Or even a hair transplant to add thickness ?

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
@md2002 ; you have solid hair for your agre man !
if o could have that much hair at 44 i would be really happy !
so when you started propecia you already had this thin spot on your vertex ?
you hair didn't get worse ? thx

Actually I had a bald spot on my vertex and Propecia got rid of it. Now it seems to be thinning out again, as I said in an earlier post over the past 5-6 years my hair has had no change. It may be thinning out a little now but it hasn't gotten thicker or anything.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, i think people are too quick to put the blame on finasteride for everything. You might have been like that in the first place even without finasteride OP. Anyways, congrats for keeping your hair for so long, have you ever considered minoxidil ? Or even a hair transplant to add thickness ?

I was going to start minoxidil, and did, but decided it was too much of a PIA after a week so I just stuck with finasteride. Besides the minoxidil side effects didn't seem to pleasant either. I may try that other RU stuff I just read about.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to start minoxidil, and did, but decided it was too much of a PIA after a week so I just stuck with finasteride. Besides the minoxidil side effects didn't seem to pleasant either. I may try that other RU stuff I just read about.
Weird that you would be willing to try a drug with little research to back it up and not minoxidil which has been on the market for so long (with a shitty response rate, it's true).

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Weird that you would be willing to try a drug with little research to back it up and not minoxidil which has been on the market for so long (with a shitty response rate, it's true).

Ha. Well keep in mind when I started my journey minoxidil was only available in a very greasy, slimy and disgusting formula and was very embarrassing to have in your head so finasteride was just easier at the time. Then when the finasteride started working I saw no need to go to topical. Also keep in mind that forums didn't exist back then so everything I knew about finasteride and Monix I learned from a commercial and a pamphlet.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really understand this memory loss and brain fog people talk about. Doesn't everyone live with this sh*t? Like I've had this my entire life. I always have a sh*t memory, and my mind always feels clouded. It's not like I can just sit down and focus on my work without getting distracted at all. Everyone gets tired at times and just zones out. Isn't this sh*t normal? I do have ADD, but have made it through high school and college without meds, and managed to get good grades. I take Adderall occasionally but it doesn't even help that much, just mellows me out.

Same here. I guess the only thing i can still get from finasteride is b**ch tits. Dont really want that.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've been on finasteride for 20+ years and your hair's condition hasn't changed a lot since starting the medication then who knows, there's a chance you might not even lose all your hair.

There's been many cases reported online where individuals have panicked at a younger age, jumped on finasteride for years to eventually withdraw and realise their hair loss isn't as aggressive as first anticipated. It's also very rare to find people who have had success with the drug for so long. For the vast majority it eventually stops working after the 10 year mark due to their hair becoming increasingly sensitive to the DHT making it unable to prohibit it any longer. The fact you've surpassed the expectancy by an extra 12 years is something to be hopeful for.

Thing in bold is complete and utter bs. finasteride does not stop working after 10 years. Read the 10 year study on finasteride.

abarthoso

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thing in bold is complete and utter bs. finasteride does not stop working after 10 years. Read the 10 year study on finasteride.
I've been on Proscar/4 for almost 20 years.
On and off at the beginning, every day religiously since September 2009.
No sides, except for high levels of anxiety, probably more related to the problem I was trying to cure.
Since February of this year a sudden drop in quality especially at the frontline (it has aways been my weak spot).
Fina helped me tremendouly and continues to do so.
I'44 btw

Attachments

• 20170920_043603.jpg
    20170920_043603.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 356
  • 20170920_043524.jpg
    20170920_043524.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 350

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Proscar/4 for almost 20 years.
On and off at the beginning, every day religiously since September 2009.
No sides, except for high levels of anxiety, probably more related to the problem I was trying to cure.
Since February of this year a sudden drop in quality especially at the frontline (it has aways been my weak spot).
Fina helped me tremendouly and continues to do so.
I'44 btw

Damn dude you literally have a perfect head of hair. No changes over those 20 years?