How Long Have You Been Taken Propecia

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
22 years on propecia ? wow .
So it regrew your hair an you maitained it ?
YOU ARE lucky !

no gynecomastia after such a long time on it ?

No, no gynecomastia and yes my bald spot was gone within a year and I still have hair on the top of my head. The bald spot is still gone but it's tough to say if it maintained my hair or of this is just eat my hair would look like. The hair on the top and frontal is thin, I mean I don't have a thick mane of hair or anything. It covers it and it looks good, if it's wet you can see my scalp.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
K So basicaly that confirms the data, those who get regrowth during the first year of treatment will have lasting result

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since June 9th. Going to evaluate whether I have maintained after a year.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
md2002 do you mind posting pictures of your hair?

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's bullshit.. Propecia is definitely the reason he kept all of his hair considering he regrew his bald spot with it and maintained the regrowth. If you get off of it you most likely will lose ground.

So much broscience on here. Part of why I don't go on this website at all. Just because Propecia did its job doesn't mean that he didn't have aggressive hair loss.

f*** are you on about.. I never said that he wasn't likely to lose ground if he withdrew himself from the drug. Simply stated that he's less likely to reach Norwood 6/7. If he was destined to reach that Norwood then his hairloss would've likely displayed signs of it at some point during the 22 fuckin years that he's been on finasteride for.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** are you on about..

That's not English

I never said that he wasn't likely to lose ground if he withdrew himself from the drug. Simply stated that he's less likely to reach Norwood 6/7. If he was destined to reach that Norwood then his hairloss would've likely displayed signs of it at some point during the 22 fuckin years that he's been on finasteride for.

And I said I think you're wrong. That's the point of finasteride. Using your brain is fun!

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen keyboard warrior.. I'm a thick NW1. Believe me, I'm not trying to convince myself. I look in the mirror and see what the medication has done for my hair. I'm sick of reading the false broscience every time I come on here that might make newbies think it's not worth it to take it when in reality it will most likely be a side effect free life saver.

You're a proper melt you aren't ya. We're not discouraging any newbie from taking the drug. I think you're somehow blind to the fact that this man has literally clarified 4 times that he's been on the drug for 22 years yet for whatever reason your ringing newbies into this?

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not English

It is english, just a form of slang.. something you're clearly not capable of understanding

And I said I think you're wrong. That's the point of finasteride. Using your brain is fun!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you long time users (10+ years) post your hair for some inspiration?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Listen keyboard warrior.. I'm a thick NW1. Believe me, I'm not trying to convince myself. I look in the mirror and see what the medication has done for my hair. I'm sick of reading the false broscience every time I come on here that might make newbies think it's not worth it to take it when in reality it will most likely be a side effect free life saver.

Bruh you should look up the definition of a keyboard warrior. TBH I don't care really, but you make it sound like you are here to help newbies make a decision. The main issue for most is the side effects, not the long-term efficiency, I don't even think that would change anybody's decision to take it. Because everybody knows that finasteride is the only thing that really works.
You're worried that people on here are right and finasteride might stop working. JK. Peace.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Here you go. Coincidentally, now that I think about it, I was walking out of work the other day and someone was busting my balls and commented that "what's that spot on the back of your head" I didn't think anything of it but the last time I heard that I started Propecia. Looking at these pics it looks as though I may indeed have a bald spot, so maybe it is starting to not work? When I started taking Propecia this is how much hair I had, it may be a little thinner now but it's not like I ever had a thick head of hair. I can also style it so it looks MUCH thicker than it actually is.

Attachments

• 20170918_194844.jpg
    20170918_194844.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 20170918_194749.jpg
    20170918_194749.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 20170918_194904.jpg
    20170918_194904.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 416
  • 20170918_194818.jpg
    20170918_194818.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 428

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Even this anecdotally speculative story can't scare me away from a long term finasteride commitment. That's just how priceless a full head of hair is

I'm not trying to scare you dude, I just want to know if anyone has been taking Propecia as long as I have. On the contrary, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to keep their hair. I've recommended it to friends and family already.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to scare you dude, I just want to know if anyone has been taking Propecia as long as I have. On the contrary, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to keep their hair. I've recommended it to friends and family already.

On the contrary your story is encouraging for those of us on the drug hoping to carry our locks into middle age. Always good to hear a good long term success story!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here you go. Coincidentally, now that I think about it, I was walking out of work the other day and someone was busting my balls and commented that "what's that spot on the back of your head" I didn't think anything of it but the last time I heard that I started Propecia. Looking at these pics it looks as though I may indeed have a bald spot, so maybe it is starting to not work? When I started taking Propecia this is how much hair I had, it may be a little thinner now but it's not like I ever had a thick head of hair. I can also style it so it looks MUCH thicker than it actually is.

Hair still looks solid. So you would say that you haven't lost too much ground since you started?

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say I've lost no ground but I've also not gained any ground, accept the bald spot in the back. My hair covers my head, it's really all I ever wanted but by no means do I have nice thick hair.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really understand this memory loss and brain fog people talk about. Doesn't everyone live with this sh*t? Like I've had this my entire life. I always have a sh*t memory, and my mind always feels clouded. It's not like I can just sit down and focus on my work without getting distracted at all. Everyone gets tired at times and just zones out. Isn't this sh*t normal? I do have ADD, but have made it through high school and college without meds, and managed to get good grades. I take Adderall occasionally but it doesn't even help that much, just mellows me out.