"how Hollywood Tackles Hairloss & Other Tinseltown Terrors"

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always thought he was wearing a hair piece.

I don't think a hair transplant can produce such density.

View attachment 58240

Yep, hair piece. Confirmed by my baldcel father.

yeah i always just assumed transplant but i think you're right actually, looks suspect in that pic

why the f*** would he not just get a transplant?! perfect loss and donor for it

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh,

I noticed too! Hey, Personal Shopper is one mind-boggling movie. Her performance is nothing short of fantastic. What do you think of Stephen Amell's ability to act? I'm not convinced tbh...n

it is very difficult (but not impossible) to access the acting chops on a lot of network TV, especially CW..
it could be time line they have to work within and not a lot of room for actors to 'play' with the takes like on cable and Netflix tv shows.
It could be also the audience they are going for and the low expectation for acting ability, it could be the show runners who really dictate most of the tone of these shows focused more on storyline then acting performances..directors are more technical and can be formulaic for over all show not really character driven like Jessica Jones is lets say or Buffy (an under rated show).

I think Stephen Amell is 'okay' he is adequate he can have a long but mediocre career in TV probably in 10 years he will be the Dad on a CW type show to a younger version of himself.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i googled Joel McHale hair transplant after that post and this fairly dumb but nonetheless interesting article was high on the list about this journalist getting a hair transplant

"So I started to tell people that I was considering hair surgery. And I found that, nearly universally, men were cool with it. A few guys confessed to having had the surgery themselves; others wanted details because they were thinking about it. The normal-haired were equally nonjudgmental. Even my dad—whom I was the most nervous to confess to, since he’s even less vain than I am and, at 74, has a full head of barely gray hair—was fine with it."

"Women, though, were nearly uniformly hostile to the idea. "Are you f*****g kidding me?" my mom yelled. "Are you that vain? Oy yi yi. Of course this wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t move to L.A. L.A. has crazy values. Crazy, crazy. I don’t want you to become one of these shallow L.A. people. Almost every woman I polled thought hair surgery was vain, dishonest, girlie, and unappealing. The one exception was Cassandra. She thought I should go for it. Mostly so I’d shut up about my hair, but also because she thought I’d look better."

got triggered at "vain and dishonest", like b**ch do you even make-up

"The night before the surgery, I told my friend Claire about it. She said she needed to meet with me immediately and stage a plastic-surgery intervention. "Hair plugs are shorthand for ’not cool,’" she pleaded. "You’re going to get pelted by food in the cafeteria." And then she made it clear why most women object to this whole idea: "One of the joys of being born with a dick is that aging boosts your position in society, as opposed to those of us with a vagina, who have to fight for relevance once our outsides betray us. I think that’s why women find things like this so unattractive. We want you to embrace your power instead of succumbing."

noteworthy bits:

"I decided to get a consultation at Bosley"
lol
"Though there’s some kind of bulk-discount sliding scale, my 1,600 grafts would cost $11,000" lol @ Bosley prices
"This was indeed vanity. A level of vanity that said I cared about my hair as much as a new car." LOL A NEW CAR. I would get around on a f*****g tricycle for the rest of my life if it meant keeping my hair
This sh*t makes me wanna go full PSL misogynist f*****g hell lol

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i googled Joel McHale hair transplant after that post and this fairly dumb but nonetheless interesting article was high on the list about this journalist getting a hair transplant

"So I started to tell people that I was considering hair surgery. And I found that, nearly universally, men were cool with it. A few guys confessed to having had the surgery themselves; others wanted details because they were thinking about it. The normal-haired were equally nonjudgmental. Even my dad—whom I was the most nervous to confess to, since he’s even less vain than I am and, at 74, has a full head of barely gray hair—was fine with it."

"Women, though, were nearly uniformly hostile to the idea. "Are you f*****g kidding me?" my mom yelled. "Are you that vain? Oy yi yi. Of course this wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t move to L.A. L.A. has crazy values. Crazy, crazy. I don’t want you to become one of these shallow L.A. people. Almost every woman I polled thought hair surgery was vain, dishonest, girlie, and unappealing. The one exception was Cassandra. She thought I should go for it. Mostly so I’d shut up about my hair, but also because she thought I’d look better."

got triggered at "vain and dishonest", like b**ch do you even make-up

"The night before the surgery, I told my friend Claire about it. She said she needed to meet with me immediately and stage a plastic-surgery intervention. "Hair plugs are shorthand for ’not cool,’" she pleaded. "You’re going to get pelted by food in the cafeteria." And then she made it clear why most women object to this whole idea: "One of the joys of being born with a dick is that aging boosts your position in society, as opposed to those of us with a vagina, who have to fight for relevance once our outsides betray us. I think that’s why women find things like this so unattractive. We want you to embrace your power instead of succumbing."

noteworthy bits:

"I decided to get a consultation at Bosley"
lol
"Though there’s some kind of bulk-discount sliding scale, my 1,600 grafts would cost $11,000" lol @ Bosley prices
"This was indeed vanity. A level of vanity that said I cared about my hair as much as a new car." LOL A NEW CAR. I would get around on a f*****g tricycle for the rest of my life if it meant keeping my hair

Here is thing aesthetically with hair transplant...its got to be a good one...which unfortunately we all know a lot of bad ones out there...I would prefer balding man i was attracted to then a great face with a bad or not so great hair transplant.

Its like 'tits' if your going to do it---get the fake ones that sit natural and don't go too big for frame.

I know some men fake tits just kills them they would prefer natural itty-bitty to big fake hard melons.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you are not really understanding

the public was not the concern of the directors making the films.

The public up until the 60 to 70s demanded ELITE beauty...The OLD studio system was about perfection for their time period in both male and female actors...some notable exceptions of course like Bette Davis and Spencer Tracy...but the majority of actors and actress were elite in looks for their time period--I would say arguable MORE so then by today standards.

I must admit, when saying ''loss of talent'' in modern film I was merely comparing it to a still newer time period like the 80s and 90s. Rocky is from the 70s, and that is one of very few movies that I can say I know very well from that time period. It does make sense what you're saying from a logical standpoint too, when so early in chinematography the resources and projects were so few in comparison to a few decades later, so of course the very top of both looks and talent were priviliged to such careers.

Now when writing about this...Tom Hanks I believe would never have gotton the career he has if born 20 years later (or earlier even). It's all speculation of course, but I'm inclined to thinks this. Even Nic Cage I think would have a harder time if born only 10 years later, despite his connections with the industry.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is very difficult (but not impossible) to access the acting chops on a lot of network TV, especially CW..
it could be time line they have to work within and not a lot of room for actors to 'play' with the takes like on cable and Netflix tv shows.
It could be also the audience they are going for and the low expectation for acting ability, it could be the show runners who really dictate most of the tone of these shows focused more on storyline then acting performances..directors are more technical and can be formulaic for over all show not really character driven like Jessica Jones is lets say or Buffy (an under rated show).

I think Stephen Amell is 'okay' he is adequate he can have a long but mediocre career in TV probably in 10 years he will be the Dad on a CW type show to a younger version of himself.

This is the exactly how I percieve Amell's acting abilities, too. ''In 10 years he'll prolly be teh Dad on CW type of show''. Nothing spectacular of course, even a little below average for that show. Sure, he's got the muscles and the will, and the frame, and the height, and the looks...but ''something'' with his character's missing so that you're left with the feeling that the show could be much better.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Beckham picture a bit unfair to be honest. His hair pulled back tight in sunshine and hes blonde. The loss is just age related i think. He will never fully go bald.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nathalie Portman did The Black Swan, and now she's immortal.

I don't know about Stephen Amell as I have not watched Arrow. There's more (far more) comic book stuff made than I have time to watch. I've watched Supergirl, iZombie, and Daredevil. I will eventually watch Jessica Jones. So that's like 25% of the total material available lol. I used to watch Agents of Shield, but I stopped as it's not very good.

What do you think of his abilities? How would you rank and evaluate those shows?

Personal Shopper is a good example of my current objection to internet movie culture. It's a great movie but totally obscure. I wanted to understand it better after having watched, but reviews and discussions were hard to find. It's too bad, i enjoyed the movie but I'm not sure I "got" it.

There used to be a great website called The Dissolve that discussed a wide range of movies at a high level, but they shut down.

On the other hand, there is endless analysis available for Spider Man, which was merely good.

I like Daredevil, even if the last season was lesser than the previous ones. Watched Jessica Jones too. Must admit I didn't like it that much...not saying it was bad, but was hard for me to identify with the leading role or other roles for that matter. It also has very feministic sub tone to it, which I'm not the biggest fan of. Women trying to outdo men in every aspect of life, losing their very self in the process is not my thing. The same with ''The 100''. I watch that too, even with these ''lackings''. Imo of course.

I think Stephen Amell is a great person first and foremost, as he's a good role model for both grown ups and children. He's a safe bet. But he isn't spectacular. He's got it all; the muscles, the will, the energy, the looks, the frame..height...but he lacks ''something'' so that it's easy to believe him. I think that's acting.

Arrow was very good in both first two seasons, but not so great later on. I would have seen those seasons if I hadn't already. It was good TV. :)

About Personal Shopper; I don't think it was meant as a final conclusion. Rather, it strikes me like the kind of movie that leaves the plot up to your own imagination. So, judging from your posting history...I'm sure that you ''got it'' in your own style! xD For me, I don't think she died in the hotel or something like that...actually I think she just messed to much in the ghost world, and some other soul (not good intentions) was awaken, freed? I don't think the one that dropped the glass behind the window was her bro, nor the one that she communicated with in the end. It messes with her..? Hehe, I dunno...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beckham picture a bit unfair to be honest. His hair pulled back tight in sunshine and hes blonde. The loss is just age related i think. He will never fully go bald.

Hard to say though it can happen fast for some people

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like Daredevil, even if the last season was lesser than the previous ones. Watched Jessica Jones too. Must admit I didn't like it that much...not saying it was bad, but was hard for me to identify with the leading role or other roles for that matter. It also has very feministic sub tone to it, which I'm not the biggest fan of. Women trying to outdo men in every aspect of life, losing their very self in the process is not my thing. The same with ''The 100''. I watch that too, even with these ''lackings''. Imo of course.

I think Stephen Amell is a great person first and foremost, as he's a good role model for both grown ups and children. He's a safe bet. But he isn't spectacular. He's got it all; the muscles, the will, the energy, the looks, the frame..height...but he lacks ''something'' so that it's easy to believe him. I think that's acting.

Arrow was very good in both first two seasons, but not so great later on. I would have seen those seasons if I hadn't already. It was good TV. :)

About Personal Shopper; I don't think it was meant as a final conclusion. Rather, it strikes me like the kind of movie that leaves the plot up to your own imagination. So, judging from your posting history...I'm sure that you ''got it'' in your own style! xD For me, I don't think she died in the hotel or something like that...actually I think she just messed to much in the ghost world, and some other soul (not good intentions) was awaken, freed? I don't think the one that dropped the glass behind the window was her bro, nor the one that she communicated with in the end. It messes with her..? Hehe, I dunno...

thats funny I like Jessica Jones more than Daredevil

i don't see her as a feminist I just see her as someone who has a super power and a dark, fucked up past.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats funny I like Jessica Jones more than Daredevil

i don't see her as a feminist I just see her as someone who has a super power and a dark, fucked up past.

For me, the highlight of that show was the villain. Really, really intense and unorthodox villain. Something else for sure. :)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, the highlight of that show was the villain. Really, really intense and unorthodox villain. Something else for sure. :)

Did you watch Lucas Cage?-i binged like 3/4 of it one day..it was pretty good.
Not as meaty as Daredevil or JJ.

I have to watch season 2 and 3 of Bloodline. Season 1 I watched last year was really good, so was Narcos I have not continued with that either but season 1 was great.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you watch Lucas Cage?-i binged like 3/4 of it one day..it was pretty good.
Not as meaty as Daredevil or JJ.

I have to watch season 2 and 3 of Bloodline. Season 1 I watched last year was really good, so was Narcos I have not continued with that either but season 1 was great.

I haven't watched Luke Cage. I don't think I will either. Will be to much of ''that world''. I won't continue on anything but Daredevil, prolly. Too much of anything's not so good for myself. I've heard Narcos is good, but time confines me to a certain amount of shows I can keep track with.

I very much like The Walking Dead, GoT, Westworld, Vikings...and some more :) I miss Dexter alot. Just like Breaking Bad.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women don't like the idea of hair transplants/concealers etc. because they don't have to deal with balding. You'll never hear a woman who has actual hair loss play the "just shave it bro!" card. They also don't like it because it makes them more likely to be "duped" in a sense, in that they might actually pay attention to and <gasp!> copulate with someone who had "inferior" genetics.

If I were ever able to get a transplant, or if a FRIGGING cure ever comes out (save us, Brotzu!), I wouldn't give a DAMN what any woman thought about me availing myself of said options.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women don't like the idea of hair transplants/concealers etc. because they don't have to deal with balding. You'll never hear a woman who has actual hair loss play the "just shave it bro!" card. They also don't like it because it makes them more likely to be "duped" in a sense, in that they might actually pay attention to and <gasp!> copulate with someone who had "inferior" genetics.

If I were ever able to get a transplant, or if a FRIGGING cure ever comes out (save us, Brotzu!), I wouldn't give a DAMN what any woman thought about me availing myself of said options.

At the risk of sounding like a MGTOW moron, the simple truth is that most women (especially attractive ones) simply cannot relate to the same experiences as men do because they assume it is as easy for men as it is for women. In reality, being a girl from a middle-class family in the developed world is essentially life on easy mode.

I got my first car a couple years before my sister. I drove a 92, 4-cylinder plymouth; she drove a 2003 concord. I paid $150 per month in insurance, she paid $75. My rate has dropped to what she paid to begin with after 10 years of a perfect driving record. When I asked the insurance company why, they literally told me "because you're a male driver."

My sister lived in 3 different places, no problem, after moving out at age 18. At that age, finding anyone who will rent to a single man under 25 was like shoving a square peg into a round hole.

Women can easily find jobs in dealing with the public because the public prefers it, women outnumber men at most colleges by 3:1. They're less likely to be killed at or work in a dangerous job. Countries with conscription give women the option of serving in the infantry or working a cushy desk job.

and most of all, you do not have to do anything to attract a mate. Absolutely nothing aside from "don't be too fat" and "maybe wear a bit of makeup sometimes" and men aren't even allowed to have that preference anymore. You can go through your life living exclusively with your best interests in mind and one day "Mr. Right" will ask you out if you just wait long enough and aren't too picky. But women expect men to be genetically perfect, of a certain height, in shape with a full head of hair well into middle age and any attempts to achieve this artificially are met with disdain and accusations of being "fake" from women who likely wear fake eyelashes, extensions and make up.

Women cannot relate to this experience, full stop; most just don't realize how good they've got it.

This is why no one takes "third-wave feminism" seriously: They've gone to complaining about absolutely trivial things like "all vaginas are beautiful #raisetheskirt", women with big tits in video games, the often disproven and distinctly American "wage gap" myth, and so much else.

At age 22, my sister is pregnant with her first kid, staying at home to tend to her business while her boyfriend of 2 years is out making close to six figures. She's lived in 3 (nice) places, owned several cars, etc. and all from working generally basic retail and customer service jobs. It's not that she ISN'T a hard worker and a go-get 'er, but it's that it was dramatically simpler for her to find the opportunities and in certain cases at a much cheaper price. In our hometown, the only way I could've done what she has at age 22, is if I was willing to go work a dangerous job for 12-16 hours a day, weeks or months at a time.

Her "market value" may drop as she gets older, but it's hard for me to feel sympathetic.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a MGTOW moron, the simple truth is that most women (especially attractive ones) simply cannot relate to the same experiences as men do because they assume it is as easy for men as it is for women. In reality, being a girl from a middle-class family in the developed world is essentially life on easy mode.

I got my first car a couple years before my sister. I drove a 92, 4-cylinder plymouth; she drove a 2003 concord. I paid $150 per month in insurance, she paid $75. My rate has dropped to what she paid to begin with after 10 years of a perfect driving record. When I asked the insurance company why, they literally told me "because you're a male driver."

My sister lived in 3 different places, no problem, after moving out at age 18. At that age, finding anyone who will rent to a single man under 25 was like shoving a square peg into a round hole.

Women can easily find jobs in dealing with the public because the public prefers it, women outnumber men at most colleges by 3:1. They're less likely to be killed at or work in a dangerous job. Countries with conscription give women the option of serving in the infantry or working a cushy desk job.

and most of all, you do not have to do anything to attract a mate. Absolutely nothing aside from "don't be too fat" and "maybe wear a bit of makeup sometimes" and men aren't even allowed to have that preference anymore. You can go through your life living exclusively with your best interests in mind and one day "Mr. Right" will ask you out if you just wait long enough and aren't too picky. But women expect men to be genetically perfect, of a certain height, in shape with a full head of hair well into middle age and any attempts to achieve this artificially are met with disdain and accusations of being "fake" from women who likely wear fake eyelashes, extensions and make up.

Women cannot relate to this experience, full stop; most just don't realize how good they've got it.

This is why no one takes "third-wave feminism" seriously: They've gone to complaining about absolutely trivial things like "all vaginas are beautiful #raisetheskirt", women with big tits in video games, the often disproven and distinctly American "wage gap" myth, and so much else.

At age 22, my sister is pregnant with her first kid, staying at home to tend to her business while her boyfriend of 2 years is out making close to six figures. She's lived in 3 (nice) places, owned several cars, etc. and all from working generally basic retail and customer service jobs. It's not that she ISN'T a hard worker and a go-get 'er, but it's that it was dramatically simpler for her to find the opportunities and in certain cases at a much cheaper price. In our hometown, the only way I could've done what she has at age 22, is if I was willing to go work a dangerous job for 12-16 hours a day, weeks or months at a time.

Her "market value" may drop as she gets older, but it's hard for me to feel sympathetic.

Spot on for the most part. The hypocrisy of women who wear makeup, heels, push-up bras etc. calling men who use concealer or get transplants "fake" is the most amazing part imo. I don't begrudge women the advantages they have - some of which are natural and some of which they've fought for and won due to largely winning the culture war - but, given the fact that they are generally advantaged, they need to slow their roll when casting judgement or aspersions on men.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that part of the reason that women hate hair transplants -- and this is going to sound gross -- is that they lose a weapon if men stop being bald. As it is, they can make fun of bald guys whenever they want and get away with it, it gives them an "other" to mock, a casual reason to sexually or socially dismiss many men.

A good example is that of c-list celebrity Jian Ghomeshi. Several women (spurned lovers) plotted to destroy his reputation by having him "exposed" as a sexual predator (they list in court). In one of their emails, one of them wrote that "I hope that he becomes fat and bald."

They were bitter about him having moved on from them, they wanted him to feel their pain, and that was their idea, their fantasy, of him suffering. Were he to become fat and bald, he would be romantically rejected as well, and they could feel superior to him and say "I don't want him anyway, he's bald."

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
The bands I listen to these days are The Killers and Panic! at the disco: Both Brendons have had a hair transplant and are probably on minoxidil, finasteride and maybe PRP here and there. But the density they achieved is incredible !!! Although they probs have their own hairdressers to style them before going public.... Quite funny that both are considered as sexsymbols with only a few people noticing their balding.
I guess if your are not a Norwood 6+ and have a buttload of cash you can get away with it :p

Before
upload_2017-7-19_2-30-35.png

After
upload_2017-7-19_2-31-40.png

Before
upload_2017-7-19_2-32-45.png

After
upload_2017-7-19_2-33-33.png

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that part of the reason that women hate hair transplants -- and this is going to sound gross -- is that they lose a weapon if men stop being bald.

Anyone see the premiere of Game of Thrones, Season 7 on Sunday? The hound bashed one dude for being bald and it literally served no purpose to the story.

"You think you're fooling anyone with that top knot? You bald cocksucker" — The Hound.

Odd because the hound is pretty damn bald himself, but it just goes to show Benioff and Weiss see baldness as something that can be used against the characters: Just ask Lord Varys — who is implied to be a pedophile.