How fucked am I? I’m only 22 and it looks bad

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have a clinic? Are you a real hair transplant doctor? I don't want to mention the clinic just in case the person who relayed the message was not too reliable. I would think oral finasteride would be a better choice but what if the person is afraid of sides. I think he is more likely to have sides if he thinks he will.

Have you tried finasteride out of interest? What’s your story? I see you on many threads but I’m new here so I don’t know!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Have you tried finasteride out of interest? What’s your story? I see you on many threads but I’m new here so I don’t know!
Yes I use finasteride and lived happily ever after. End of story.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on Fina 1mg daily and topical minoxidil for 12 years starting at age 32. As a hair transplant surgeon told me way back when, Fina + minoxidil is like 1+1=3. Get on both if you want to save your hair. Starting this last Friday, I'm dropping my daily intake of Fina to 0.5mg given the research that it's basically just as effective as 1mg. Start with 0.5mg daily and see how your body responds, but start now. Every day your hair is continuing to fall out. The earlier the better, much like investing.

P.S. If you plan to have kids, my advice is to stop Fina for a couple of months while getting your wife pregnant. I'm not saying it's a significant risk, but I wouldn't take any chances. Luckily, I didn't need to start Fina until after I had kids.

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on Fina 1mg daily and topical minoxidil for 12 years starting at age 32. As a hair transplant surgeon told me way back when, Fina + minoxidil is like 1+1=3. Get on both if you want to save your hair. Starting this last Friday, I'm dropping my daily intake of Fina to 0.5mg given the research that it's basically just as effective as 1mg. Start with 0.5mg daily and see how your body responds, but start now. Every day your hair is continuing to fall out. The earlier the better, much like investing.

P.S. If you plan to have kids, my advice is to stop Fina for a couple of months while getting your wife pregnant. I'm not saying it's a significant risk, but I wouldn't take any chances. Luckily, I didn't need to start Fina until after I had kids.

Thank you for your reply! After everyone’s responses I definitely intend to start treatment in the next few days. From the reading I’ve done it seems that topical finasteride is as effective as oral? So I intend to start that alongside minoxidil and that Nizoral shampoo. Just making sure that I don’t need to be on oral finasteride before I commit to that route

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have found a place that offer topical finasteride and minoxidil for £44 a month so I’m considering that. Do you think that will be sufficient or is there more I should be doing? Many thanks
I would not use minoxidil. minoxidil works best for diffuse thinning, and you have none basically. You really don't want to have to rub this sh*t in your hair every day for the rest of your life for next to no benefit (to your specific case).

You can get a year supply of generic finasteride/proscar online for like a few dozen euros at most. You don't need to pay 44 a month

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have found a place that offer topical finasteride and minoxidil for £44 a month so I’m considering that. Do you think that will be sufficient or is there more I should be doing? Many thanks
£44 a month sounds a little expensive, get generic finasteride rather than propecia from elsewhere. I get my generic finasteride from oxford online pharmacy for £58 for a 6 months supply. Are you buying topical finasteride because you're afraid of sides?

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not use minoxidil. minoxidil works best for diffuse thinning, and you have none basically. You really don't want to have to rub this sh*t in your hair every day for the rest of your life for next to no benefit (to your specific case).

You can get a year supply of generic finasteride/proscar online for like a few dozen euros at most. You don't need to pay 44 a month
He is diffusing, he is thinning in the middle of his hairline too.

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It’s more expensive because that was for the topical one so that was for topical finasteride and minoxidil together. People seemed to be kind of divided in opinion as to whether I need minoxidil or not so maybe I would rather use it as it’s better to be safe than sorry

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
£44 a month sounds a little expensive, get generic finasteride rather than propecia from elsewhere. I get my generic finasteride from oxford online pharmacy for £58 for a 6 months supply. Are you buying topical finasteride because you're afraid of sides?

Yes exactly the sex side effects really put me off I couldn’t live with them. I could get the oral version much cheaper but I’m just very reluctant. My hairline also drives me crazy I wish it could be better. Not perfect I know it’s too late but better so it doesn’t stand out

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes exactly the sex side effects really put me off I couldn’t live with them. I could get the oral version much cheaper but I’m just very reluctant. My hairline also drives me crazy I wish it could be better. Not perfect I know it’s too late but better so it doesn’t stand out
When did you first notice the hairloss? just recently or a while ago? the side effects are very rare, I've been on it for over a month now and was kinda worried about sides but I haven't had any and I doubt I will get any. What i've noticed is that the majority of people who sh*t on finasteride are the "just shave it bro" guys who just let themselves go bald and never even tried finasteride.

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline was never good honestly even at 17, 18, it wasn’t great. Gradually ever since it’s gotten worse until it’s gotten to the point I can’t hide it. Maybe I should try it then, at least for a bit and see how it goes. It’s just that I’ve heard it can lead to permanent sexual side effects and for me that is even worse than hair loss