How effective are cosmetic thickening shampoos?

CCS

Reaction score
Are any shampoos anywhere close to as good as topik? Do they change your color or bendability if they work well?

G

Aveda pure abundance really does work at thickening. Cassin was right. I'd say it adds 30% thickness to my hair, so i'd say it's about 30% as effective as Toppik.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Aveda pure abundance really does work at thickening. Cassin was right. I'd say it adds 30% thickness to my hair, so i'd say it's about 30% as effective as Toppik.

I really want to look into using Aveda but am a bit hesitant because I had a bad experience with Jason T2T. I have wavy/curly hair and used Jason and my hair became a matted up rat's nest. Jayman, what is your experience with aveda?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah it definantly helps with thickening. Can't comment on toppik as it hasn't arrived yet. It's a shame they didn't put some decent ingredients in Aveda. I don't know.. some copper or some sh*t.

G

abovedagame said:
JayMan said:

I really want to look into using Aveda but am a bit hesitant because I had a bad experience with Jason T2T. I have wavy/curly hair and used Jason and my hair became a matted up rat's nest. Jayman, what is your experience with aveda?

I just told you it adds 30% thickness to MY hair. That's my experience with it. What are you talking about??

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
abovedagame said:
JayMan said:

I just told you it adds 30% thickness to MY hair. That's my experience with it. What are you talking about??

I meant to ask if it makes your hair unmanageable in any way? coarse? or does it leave the hair soft

Pondle

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed by the Pure Abundance shampoo. I didn't perceive a noticeable difference in body or volume, but my hair felt really dry after every time I used it. However, I like Aveda's new new Pure-formance range for men - smells great, gentle on the scalp and leaves hair soft and manageable. Zero benefits for hair thickness though.

G

abovedagame said:
I meant to ask if it makes your hair unmanageable in any way? coarse? or does it leave the hair soft

First let me sincerely apologize for being rude to you. I was under the mistaken impression that you were collegechemistrystudent asking the same question twice in a row as he sometimes has a habit of doing.

let me clarify- it makes my hair easier to manage and leaves it very soft and almost fluffy, and definitely thicker.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I notice if I alternate days with Pure Abundance and Jason Thin to Thick my hair looks thicker but if I use one of them more than 2 days in a row its not as thick. I can never figure out why some days my hair looks thicker than either days. All I can say for me if I use any shampoo with nizoral my hair looks thinner that day.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
abovedagame said:

First let me sincerely apologize for being rude to you. I was under the mistaken impression that you were collegechemistrystudent asking the same question twice in a row as he sometimes has a habit of doing.

let me clarify- it makes my hair easier to manage and leaves it very soft and almost fluffy, and definitely thicker.

no worries, thanks for the info man i'll def have to check it out sometime

CCS

Reaction score
I just did a before and after with aveda pure abundance. from what I could see in the mirror, the difference was hard to notice. That is just one application. maybe if I used it more often I'd see a difference, but I'm not giving up my nizoral.