How Dutasteride utterly destroyed my hair and why you shouldn't take it

NoDiggity30

My Regimen
Reaction score
The mechanism of action for dutasteride is the same as finasteride. I don't know how you can lump it together with stuff like castor oil.
Yet finasteride and dutasteride don't work for everyone, proving that hairloss is unexplainable at this point in time

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g bullshit, you don't lose 60% of your hair in 2 months through male pattern baldness

The denial on these forums about this kind of reaction to treatments is laughable
But have you actually lost 60% of your hair? Obviously your hair will look less dense when you get a buzz cut, regardless of actual density.
Grow it out again and then report back.

Yet finasteride and dutasteride don't work for everyone, proving that hairloss is unexplainable at this point in time
That only proves that simply some people do not respond to certain drugs and that's something you can observe with virtually every medication.
The mechanism behind hairloss is well understood and it's only details that are missing from the equation and/or not agreed upon.

Last edited:

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its already hard to compare picture to picture with slightly different angles and lightings. You are trying to compare a buzzcut to grown out hair. Completely absurd. Idk why you decided to buzz. Duta doesn’t cause or promote hairloss. Idk why you’re blaming the drug.

NoDiggity30

My Regimen
Reaction score
But have you actually lost 60% of your hair? Obviously your hair will look less dense when you get a buzz cut, regardless of actual density.
Grow it out again and then report back.

That only proves that simply proves that some people do not respond to certain drugs and that's something you can observe with virtually every medication.
The mechanism behind hairloss is well understood and it's only details that are missing from the equation and/or not agreed upon.
The missing details are solved in RU ;)

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there, but you clearly had thinning everywhere in the hairline prior to taking dutasteride. I can see it in your combed back pictures and would not be surprised if this extended into your crown in the exact pattern that your hair is currently shaved in. It just wasn't that bad.

What you did was trigger a shed and then quit right in the middle of it, so you're left with wacky fluctuating hormones and potentially hairs that would normally have been pushed out and subsequently recovered left in a state of confused flux. It's tough to blame the dutasteride when you quit something so quickly, because this could have been the normal dutasteride doom shed which leads into stabilization and maintenance, but you'll never know now. The itch and oil can easily be attributed to the rise in T from starting.

NoDiggity30

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there, but you clearly had thinning everywhere in the hairline prior to taking dutasteride. I can see it in your combed back pictures and would not be surprised if this extended into your crown in the exact pattern that your hair is currently shaved in. It just wasn't that bad.

What you did was trigger a shed and then quit right in the middle of it, so you're left with wacky fluctuating hormones and potentially hairs that would normally have been pushed out and subsequently recovered left in a state of confused flux. It's tough to blame the dutasteride when you quit something so quickly, because this could have been the normal dutasteride doom shed which leads into stabilization and maintenance, but you'll never know now. The itch and oil can easily be attributed to the rise in T from starting.
So much broscience

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score

would rather have my old hair and normal body than being an oily acne-ridden piece of castrated sh*t with NW0

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
would rather have my old hair and normal body than being an oily acne-ridden piece of castrated sh*t with NW0
I just don't think you're hair is very different right now other then a bit further recession in the temples. Have you gone to a dermatologist? You might have trigged a scalp condition that's adding the oil/acne, or is the acne everywhere?

NoDiggity30

My Regimen
Reaction score
This lol. Some of these idiots just blindly swallow pills without having a clue what it's doing to their endocrine system. Guys literally develop gyno and try to pass it off as normal.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you can show my buzz cut picture to literally a child and he would notice that i'm diffusing all over
Taking a picture of a buzzcut from a top angle like that will make any buzzcut look like a thinning hair in a horseshoe pattern. The way pictures work is that they capture a "center" spot (which in this case is the top of your head) and accentuate the contrast with the rest of the head. They also magnify any small differences in terms of density. It's perfectly natural for the crowns of even children to look a little less full than the rest with a buzzcut. That spot just has less density. Also people's hair growth patterns and individual follicular densities are different. So some people's hair will appear to have more of a thinning effect with a buzzcut.

Take a picture from a side angle with your buzzcut. Your top will magically start to look like the full part of your head, and you will start to worry that your horseshoe area is thinning.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
All this says is that it turns into DHT and baldness occurs. This has nothing stated regarding testosterone by itself, with DHT taken out of the equation.

or is this in response to the original thread?

Trenbolone does not convert to dht. It’s a powerful androgenic steroid and if you’re prone to male pattern baldness and you take tren you can kiss your hair goodbye. Many bold dudes have taken trenbolone with your theory in mind only to come out bald

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me give you an article to read: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4174066/

In essence: It is a multi-faceted disease. It’s not the amount of testosterone or DHT that causes baldness; it’s the sensitivity of your hair follicles. That sensitivity is determined by genetics. The AR gene makes the receptor on hair follicles that interact with testosterone and DHT. If your receptors are particularly sensitive, they are more easily triggered by even small amounts of DHT. So, hair loss occurs more easily as a result. Other genes may also play a part.
The main problem with androgenetic theory is that don´t explain the paradox effects in scalp hair versus body hair.
It is commonly known the DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the biochemical culprit of androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness
DHT triggre body hair without any dude.
There is no cure for baldness, and science doesn't even know exactly what causes it
Exactly, we don`t know the initial cause of common baldness
+1

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
The main problem with androgenetic theory is that don´t explain the paradox effects in scalp hair versus body hair.

DHT triggre body hair without any dude.

Exactly, we don`t know the initial cause of common baldness

+1
Greetings, Armando

After i dropped the dutasteride i feel like both my hair quality and body are slowly improving day by day, the itching and oiliness are mostly gone

Anyway, i'm thinking of using a combination of pumpkin seeds oil and rosemary oil and weekly application of a dermastamp 1.5 MM, do you think this is an effective combination in getting my hair in a better shape? And do you think a high absorption of those oils can have a feminizing effect on my body?

Thanks in advance