How do you view yourself?

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope. No hair is just no hair. But a strong jaw indicates power and masculinity, and women go for that.
No hair = weak *** look that needs to be compensated for with facial structure, muscular body or height. Preferably all of that coupled with deep, manly voice too. With hair you can still look "cute" even if you don't have the most masculine face around. Not to mention with different hairstyles you can manipulate your facial thirds/proportions, hide a bad skull shape, make your head look more wide or narrow etc. That MMA guy doesn't only have an awesome jaw, his "midface" features and proportions are excellent as well.

Thats because you havent had to live with a crappy jaw.

Look at it this way: most of the men have hair. Very very few have a strong jaw.
And yet I bet you most people would prefer to keep their NW1 for life than grow a masculine jaw and go bald. The only time I would ever choose jaw over hair is if my jaw was super weak/recessed in which case it can affect your looks more than baldness does.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I was wondering when the term 'midface' would rear its head. Don't turn this place into Puahate....

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL, it's true though. The eyes, the nose, and how everything is spaced and lined up is more important than the shape of the jaw. I kinda find it funny that BBSA is actually right in that hair trumps most of the things those puahate lunatics are obsessing about. It really does.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Put it this way a sh"t undefined, unproportioned jaw line can really make a man ugly even with a nw1, especially when he gets older in 30s and 40s and develops a bad double chin and droopy looking face, due to the poor bone structure.

Not meaning to go all puahate on you guys, but a good jaw is a sign of good health, high testosterone and masculinity which any women will find subconciously very attractive. It adds proportion and a visual focus to the head.

For example look at Statham, granted he has good facial features, but if you ask me his head shape is very average looking indeed,looks oblong and not particularly well proportioned with his face, but his amazing jaw is what saves him and gives him the instant subconscious sex appeal, take that away and he would just be another average light bulb looking Joe Norwood.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there really any connection between high testosterone and jaw angle and width? I've always wondered why is it that so many women have a wide, well defined, square jaw. And they still don't look masculine either. For me, Statham is more about big, masculine chin rather than an amazing jaw.

Either way, it is a good point. Men with better facial bone structure will probably age better. I still believe it only really matters if your jaw is really ****ty and recessed to begin with.

proudinmyself

Banned
Reaction score
why all woman?

what about man? and baldness?

ho right i remember. man are robots with no feelings about thier look.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there really any connection between high testosterone and jaw angle and width? I've always wondered why is it that so many women have a wide, well defined, square jaw. And they still don't look masculine either. For me, Statham is more about big, masculine chin rather than an amazing jaw.

Either way, it is a good point. Men with better facial bone structure will probably age better. I still believe it only really matters if your jaw is really ****ty and recessed to begin with.

chin and jaw size and shape are T reletad and T is genetic

but no chin and really ugly forms of it are damaged with mouth breathing as a kid. as well as crooked teeth. read about it on the net

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
What I meant was, if it's testosterone related, how come there are tons of big guys with relatively small jaws and tons of women with wide, square, defined jaws although their testosterone levels are just a fraction of that of the said guys? On the other hand, you almost never see a woman with a male shaped chin.

I do remember reading up on mouth breathing and I'm not completely convinced tbh. Although it might be true, it also seems it is just as likely that certain growth abnormalities of the face cause mouth breathing rather than the other way around.

seb

Reaction score
I have a weak chin, non-masculine jaw, freckles, soft red cheeks, and am one shade away from being an albino. I currently sport a goatee to give me some balance, and to hide my flaws, but it is ginger and blond, thus I am visually and asthetically finished, whatever "look" I adopt.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Do you have a pic seb?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a weak chin, non-masculine jaw, freckles, soft red cheeks, and am one shade away from being an albino. I currently sport a goatee to give me some balance, and to hide my flaws, but it is ginger and blond, thus I am visually and asthetically finished, whatever "look" I adopt.

I have a strong chin and masculine jawline, but I'm only 5,7" so that doesn't help me much. Also my headshape is oblong and because of my wide jaw the upper half of my head looks narrower than the lower half.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I have a strong chin and masculine jawline, but I'm only 5,7" so that doesn't help me much. Also my headshape is oblong and because of my wide jaw the upper half of my head looks narrower than the lower half.

Yes, your upper half is a tad narrower, but it isnt a dealbreaker. You still look pretty good.

5.7 is a disadvantage, but you can partially make up for it by wearing elevator shoes.

proudinmyself

Banned
Reaction score

5'7 in finland must be hard

Im also 5'7 but the common height here is 5'9 so i dont feel likr wierdo

Many balding guys too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, your upper half is a tad narrower, but it isnt a dealbreaker. You still look pretty good.

5.7 is a disadvantage, but you can partially make up for it by wearing elevator shoes.

No

She will find out in bed

Best thing is to work out and widen yourself up

seb

Reaction score
Caption Forehead-No I havent, you will just have to take my word as gospel, as too the fact I am a mal-aligned, repulsive, hideous toad.

whammer

Reaction score
5'7 in finland must be hard

Im also 5'7 but the common height here is 5'9 so i dont feel likr wierdo

Many balding guys too.

- - - Updated - - -

No

She will find out in bed

Best thing is to work out and widen yourself up

Who are you trying to kid, Corpse. You can't escape us. You are us.
Never forget who you are.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wtf is us? Are we all the sudden the illuminati or something?

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice concept, but I feel like it applies more to the people with "passable" flaws, like a larger nose, eyes a little close together etc. A flaw like bad baldness is not underestimated by yourself or other people unfortunately..

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It depends on the context. Most people are more bothered with their own flaws and lives to give too much thought to other people, other than a passing thought. Having said that, I have had some idiots try to go to town about my height. Like baldness for men, it is seen as something to take the post out of. Women with hair loss are treated far more sympathetically and unlike for men, there is no stigma for a bald woman wearing a wig.