How do you view yourself?

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
I am lucky enough to still have a good amount of hair. Started taking foam minoxidil and S5 and I use a bit of Toppik to fix some minor crown thinning. Nobody has really called me out on hair loss yet.

So no, I am unable to relate to those of you who have progressed beyond the stage of concealment. I still have most of my confidence and I have had my head buzzed short before and looked alright, but that all changes when the hairline goes.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I hate my face, not just because of the baldness. From a side angle it looks ok, but from the front, and especially when I smile, it looks horendously fat to me. I hate it.

I wonder what other people see.

could you bear to upload a pic and we'll give you an honest opinion?

Are you slightly overweight at all? losing weight can take fat off from all over your body, including face.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
No can post pic :-\

I am not skinny, but I would not call myself overweight - I have a 4 pack. But unfortunately, any fat goes straight to my waist, and to the face. The major culprit in the face dept is just the structure. When not smiling, it looks ok - I have worked to get my body fat down so that cheekbones are a little bit visible. But when I smile, due to the way the ligaments pull, and the way the fat is distributed I just look fat.

A couple of years back, I was more fatter, and I could not bear to look at the reflection of my face in the subway windows. So I got the fat % down. I also lift, and gaining muscle is very hard for me. So its a dilemma - do I starve myself, and not have any muscle at all, or do I eat a bit, get some muscle, and also some fat.

Looking from the side (and not smiling), face looks good, angular, and lean. But from the front, I guess the skeletal structure is just too wide.

My brother on the other hand has just given up. Quite fat. His cheek just flows into his neck. And a double neck at the back

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No can post pic :-\

I am not skinny, but I would not call myself overweight - I have a 4 pack. But unfortunately, any fat goes straight to my waist, and to the face. The major culprit in the face dept is just the structure. When not smiling, it looks ok - I have worked to get my body fat down so that cheekbones are a little bit visible. But when I smile, due to the way the ligaments pull, and the way the fat is distributed I just look fat.

A couple of years back, I was more fatter, and I could not bear to look at the reflection of my face in the subway windows. So I got the fat % down. I also lift, and gaining muscle is very hard for me. So its a dilemma - do I starve myself, and not have any muscle at all, or do I eat a bit, get some muscle, and also some fat.

Looking from the side (and not smiling), face looks good, angular, and lean. But from the front, I guess the skeletal structure is just too wide.

My brother on the other hand has just given up. Quite fat. His cheek just flows into his neck. And a double neck at the back
how does your brother deal with baldness?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It has been hard for him. He also went bald as a teenager, and unlike me, he did not have any frame of reference for what was coming (I saw him getting bald, thus at least I knew what was coming). He has been rejected by women - I think he is a virgin too (and in his 40s). He is also short (5.7) and has all the other negative traits I have mentioned about myself. But I dont think he hates himself anywhere near how much I hate myself, otherwise he would not be fat. Maybe he is in denial on how ugly we are. But I think he has resigned himself to incel.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
did you watch the recent channel 4 documentary '40 year old virgins'? I thought it would be exploitative but it was actually a really well made programme, and quite enlightening.

still available on 4 on demand I think

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Come on, beard up! Beards have been helping men like us with baby, non angular, faces since the dawn of time.

Roundish face with a beard just looks better.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you watch the recent channel 4 documentary '40 year old virgins'? I thought it would be exploitative but it was actually a really well made programme, and quite enlightening.

still available on 4 on demand I think
i googled that documentary and the virgin was bald . . . . they mentioned it twice in this article -_-

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4867269/tvs-40yr-old-virgin-isnt-40or-a-virgin.html

despite him supposedly not being a virgin, its still annoying they had to mention the hair loss in the article

slipy

Reaction score
i broke my wrist by pounding my closet multiple times with my fist as hard as i could in a explosive outburst of genetic trash despair.
i know i shouldn't have but it took over. i had never broken anything before.
lied about falling from a bicycle to people at work.

im typing with my left hand only as we speak. no joke. it takes some time for me to complete a sentence.

still doesn't hurt nearly as much as being deprived from your human form. :eek: it will heal, but some things wont.

i seak for the pain equivalent of male pattern baldness. give it to me.

- - - Updated - - -

and yo, exodus. i wont reply to your question in the pm you sent me by sending a pm back, because of obvious reasons like pain and discomfort it's too much of a hassle, but yes anyways to give you a short answer i'll reply here. yes i am a virgin incel and i will die one. :)

wave your hands in the air (or in my case - hand) like you just dont give a fukk. :/

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Come on, beard up! Beards have been helping men like us with baby, non angular, faces since the dawn of time.

Roundish face with a beard just looks better.

Yes, I think so too. I thus have grown a beard.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a great beard at the moment to scared to trim it just in case i mess up lol.

haha, Im the same way. I messed it up back in March because my minor OCD had me always picking hairs out, so it just looked patchy. So I shaved, and now it's finally back, so Im really fighting those impulses.

It makes a great difference on how people deal with me. If I shave, I'll get Id'd at the liquor store or the even the movies, but my beard gets me a lot more respect.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
haha, Im the same way. I messed it up back in March because my minor OCD had me always picking hairs out, so it just looked patchy. So I shaved, and now it's finally back, so Im really fighting those impulses.

It makes a great difference on how people deal with me. If I shave, I'll get Id'd at the liquor store or the even the movies, but my beard gets me a lot more respect.

Yeah my beard is patchy but its in the bit i shave anyway cause i like to style my beard the hair on my neck for example is patchy but i shave it cause i dont like the hair there regardless and it makes the hair on my face stand out more and thats what i style obviously.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I shave the neck too, can't stand hair there. How do you style it?

I just keep mine short which is not hard because it's thinner and grows slowly. It's also a weird mixture of blond, brown, and black hairs.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I shave the neck too, can't stand hair there. How do you style it?

I just keep mine short which is not hard because it's thinner and grows slowly. It's also a weird mixture of blond, brown, and black hairs.

thats pretty much it i just shave the neck hair and some on the the cheeks so its not so high if you know what i mean and im thinking about trimming it but like i said im scared lol.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rocking the designer stubble look the past few weeks, always used to be clean shaving, but man, I look so much better with it. =]

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean Danny. I decided to give mine a good trim yesterday and messed the mustache area all up. Trimming can be dangerous haha.

I was always clean shaven until last year too Irish, said Id never want to grow facial hair. Once I experimentally grew it I loved it and haven't gone back! I got told I looked like a skinny Thor so I thought that was cool enough and kept it haha. There's of course a lot of Jesus remarks too as well.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I know what you mean Danny. I decided to give mine a good trim yesterday and messed the mustache area all up. Trimming can be dangerous haha.

I was always clean shaven until last year too Irish, said Id never want to grow facial hair. Once I experimentally grew it I loved it and haven't gone back! I got told I looked like a skinny Thor so I thought that was cool enough and kept it haha. There's of course a lot of Jesus remarks too as well.

Yeah trimming is hard i did what i feared i tried to trim but messed up i just have stubble now bit annoyed but it can grow back.