How Do You Think This Hair Piece Looks?

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks way better.

Btw, did you get your stock system form NWL?

No, TopLace. I've heard a lot of good stuff about TopLace, but so far I'm honestly not impressed. The quality of the stock system is great, but the knots are not bleached even though they are advertised as having bleached knots, I was told my hair sample was a 1B, but the color was way off from my bio hair. I've finally got the color somewhat close to my bio hair by washing it some and being in the sun. The custom systems I've ordered from them is taking a lot longer than what they said it would. That's why I got a stock unit in the first place. If my custom units aren't what I expect them to be, I'll try NWL.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
No, TopLace. I've heard a lot of good stuff about TopLace, but so far I'm honestly not impressed. The quality of the stock system is great, but the knots are not bleached even though they are advertised as having bleached knots, I was told my hair sample was a 1B, but the color was way off from my bio hair. I've finally got the color somewhat close to my bio hair by washing it some and being in the sun. The custom systems I've ordered from them is taking a lot longer than what they said it would. That's why I got a stock unit in the first place. If my custom units aren't what I expect them to be, I'll try NWL.

I have two custom systems that I got from NWL and I also feel like color is slightly off, even though I sent in a sample. However, I might be wrong and maybe it looks better once it's attached. Everything else looks good though, graduated hairline with bleached knots and didn't take too long to get.

My advice is ordering a color-ring from hair direct and you can decide yourself.

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have two custom systems that I got from NWL and I also feel like color is slightly off, even though I sent in a sample. However, I might be wrong and maybe it looks better once it's attached. Everything else looks good though, graduated hairline with bleached knots and didn't take too long to get.

My advice is ordering a color-ring from hair direct and you can decide yourself.

Is your hair dark or lighter? I was told that with hair as dark as mine that it's almost impossible to completely bleach the knots.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my custom systems came in a few days ago. They didn't see where I had ordered two, so I have to wait another 6 to 8 weeks for them to make the second one. But, I went yesterday and had the one cut in. The guy that cut it in has been doing it for 30 years and says he has several famous country music stars as clients. The style he did wasn't my first choice and is a little long, but after talking with him about it, he convinced me to go with it which I'm 100% okay with. He wanted hair to come down over the temple points instead of exposing them which I'm not sure how I feel about. How does it look? It's still a little fluffed up since it's new. Any suggestions or tips for anything? Some of the pictures are inside while others are outside in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_20180427_091514.jpg
    IMG_20180427_091514.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_20180427_091400.jpg
    IMG_20180427_091400.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Point Blur_Apr272018_091949.jpg
    Point Blur_Apr272018_091949.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 362
  • Point Blur_Apr272018_092009.jpg
    Point Blur_Apr272018_092009.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 385
  • Point Blur_Apr272018_091802.jpg
    Point Blur_Apr272018_091802.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 374
  • Point Blur_Apr272018_091727.jpg
    Point Blur_Apr272018_091727.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Point Blur_Apr272018_091848.jpg
    Point Blur_Apr272018_091848.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 372
  • Point Blur_Apr272018_091914.jpg
    Point Blur_Apr272018_091914.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 373

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
good improvement!

Maybe try using toppik both in the rug and on the bio hair, right where bio and artificial hair meet/overhang. Might work to blend both sets of hair better

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you owe yourself a better haircut. It's too helmety and middle aged for a guy your age. I think something lighter and spikier would suit you better.

I am going to agree with Noah on this one. Actually when I look at it, I think wig. I suggest you should try a different stylist.

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you owe yourself a better haircut. It's too helmety and middle aged for a guy your age. I think something lighter and spikier would suit you better.
I agree. I'm hoping once the fluff settles down I can do something with it. Right now I can't get it to do anything other than take on the shape of a helmet lol. Other than that, any other suggestions?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I couldn't tell you were wearing anything but am ignorant of what to look for as most people are. I am sure 99.99% of the peoppe would assume it was your hair.

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s obvious because of the hair length starting from the top of the newly created peak. You need to cut the hairs in a not so aligned pattern and definitely style it with a product. Thickness can also be reduced if you go to a salon that sells hair pieces. A warning about the adhesives: they can cause dermatitis. Be careful.
Oddly this was cut in by a guy at a salon that does hairpieces and hair replacement. That's one reason why I came on here with this one because I just thought it was wrong, but it was done by someone that's been doing it for longer than I have been alive, so I just thought that maybe I was being paranoid. I guess I wasn't. What do you mean by the "newly created peak"? I'm just wondering so I can correct it.

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I get home tonight from work, I'm going to play around with some products and see what I can do. I have a big event tomorrow that I have to be at with semi-formal attire and I cannot go with my hair looking fake, ridiculous, and I don't want to go with my piece removed. If anyone has any tips to make this thing look good, please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Noah

Reaction score
It doesn't look like fake; it just looks like an old man's haircut, with every hair greased into line. There is certainly no need to take it off for your event. I think if you just put some gel in it and spike it up a bit it will look fine. But when time permits you should get a better haircut - get them to take some of the weight off it and make it a bit lighter and spikier. Honestly, it looks to me as if you have been without hair so so long that you have lost touch with what look you want to achieve with hair LOL. Don't worry - it will come back.

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look like fake; it just looks like an old man's haircut, with every hair greased into line. There is certainly no need to take it off for your event. I think if you just put some gel in it and spike it up a bit it will look fine. But when time permits you should get a better haircut - get them to take some of the weight off it and make it a bit lighter and spikier. Honestly, it looks to me as if you have been without hair so so long that you have lost touch with what look you want to achieve with hair LOL. Don't worry - it will come back.
LOL so true. I've been shaving my head for 10 years. That's been my style from my late teens into my 20s now. So yeah, you hit the nail on the head there.

Noah

Reaction score
Incidentally, if you're watching that video transformation, don't try that at home - wet shaving your head and then dousing it with alcohol? Guy must be in agony.

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, it looks to me as if you have been without hair so so long that you have lost touch with what look you want to achieve with hair LOL. Don't worry - it will come back.

I know that feel. Started losing hair with 16 and when i've started wearing with 21 I didnt know anything at all regarding hair. i had some really really bad haircuts. Time is your friend

flannelw

My Regimen
Reaction score
So today I used some product and was able to get a messier type of look similar to how I used to wear it, and it didn't look too bad. When I first styled it, it looked fantastic, but later in the day it became a little patchy and helmet like but still was acceptable. The attached picture is of later on in the day. What are your thoughts on this one?

Sorry for all of the posts about this. I'm just trying to figure out everything and not look like I'm wearing a cat on my head. I truly appreciate all of your help and comments. Everything, regardless if it is positive or negative criticism, I take note of so I can improve how everything looks. Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• Point Blur_Apr282018_230412.jpg
    Point Blur_Apr282018_230412.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 371