How Did You Deal With The Depression?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I think that I'm suffering from depression due to my hair loss. I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I'll never be able to get married or have children. I feel like I'm a disappointment to my family and everybody who ever believed in me. Most of all, I'm a disappointment to myself.

It's all such a challenge to continue working on everything that I do when I can be quite sure that there won't be any happiness in my future. I think thoughts like this every few days and that's why I feel like I have depression, although I've never been officially diagnosed.

So, how did you deal with it when you suffered from this same depression? You're clearly alive here posting so you must have dealt with it. I've tried: healthy diet, exercise, meditation, hobbies, practicing gratefulness and mindfulness, but none of it worked. What actually works?

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that I'm suffering from depression due to my hair loss. I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I'll never be able to get married or have children. I feel like I'm a disappointment to my family and everybody who ever believed in me. Most of all, I'm a disappointment to myself.

It's all such a challenge to continue working on everything that I do when I can be quite sure that there won't be any happiness in my future. I think thoughts like this every few days and that's why I feel like I have depression, although I've never been officially diagnosed.

So, how did you deal with it when you suffered from this same depression? You're clearly alive here posting so you must have dealt with it. I've tried: healthy diet, exercise, meditation, hobbies, practicing gratefulness and mindfulness, but none of it worked. What actually works?
Nothing...If your hair is really important to you than it will crush you and bring you to your knees.Maybe slowing down your hairloss can help you but if nothing works you are basically fucked.Im having a terrible shed right now and I am not even angry about it,I am just weak and sick of it.I havent been to the gym because I just feel sick and tired.I can really see how people think that finasteride gives them mental sides,but its all in your head.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im in the same situation .Maybe with the time we will give less importance to hairs and focus to other things like hobbies or anything else.

blackg

Reaction score

I don't want to be a bad influence, but.... alcohol.

I drink.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The big 3 and their results helped my depression a lot

Otherwise finding things other than validation from other people that you enjoy to help get through the days is a good start. Me I enjoy binge watching TV shows, recently gotten back into reading, novels and opinion pieces. Fitness and eating good food

And put yourself in a position to make and SAVE money. Financial stability will always make other problems more manageable

Also, get a dog. The best possible companion for the lonely human

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

You can get married and have children with hair loss, I know numerous people who have done so. I wouldn't take the fatalism on this website too seriously, it's backed by a lot of people with no life experience who are trying to explain their lack of self-experience in a way that absolves them of blame. It's as such a positive feedback loop.

What have you tried in terms of healthy diet and exercise? What have you tried in terms of building a social network?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
You can get married and have children with hair loss, I know numerous people who have done so. I wouldn't take the fatalism on this website too seriously, it's backed by a lot of people with no life experience who are trying to explain their lack of self-experience in a way that absolves them of blame. It's as such a positive feedback loop.

What have you tried in terms of healthy diet and exercise? What have you tried in terms of building a social network?

I lift frequently and eat a high protein, high carb (to build the muscle) diet with 5 or 6 servings of fruit or vegetable per day. I also try to add in goodies such as fish oil, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, cinammon, garlic, ginger, turmeric whenever I can. Also vitamin D3 supplements. I'm an above average lifter; people tell me that I lift heavy weights for my size. Dietary intervention has been useless for depression.

You can not get married and have children with hair loss. That's because you need a partner to get married and no serious long term person will accept you with hair loss. I've been trying for over 1 year and so many dates but gotten nowhere. Now I'm supposed to try cold approach. But who in the world gets married through cold approach?

No offense but you yourself visited a sex worker because of how desperate it became. Are you really saying that you'd be able to find a long term person, get them to go on a date with you, then get them into a relationship with you, then get them to marry you? I'm not being rude to you; I'm in exactly the same boat.

Also, for all of the reasons stated above, I can't go into excessive eating or alcoholism, so they're a no go. I actually feel saddest with alcohol so I definitely won't be doing that.

Zoloft 250mlg.
Video games.
Painting and drawing.
Canibus helps.

How did you learn to paint and draw? I want to try it. Doesn't zoloft cause a form of PFS? Should I be worried about that?

Make a compromise...
and be progressive..not a person of ambition.

Today attended reception(a day after wedding) and was little uncomfortable..
but made sure not to get disheartened.

What exactly do you mean by 'be progressive...not a person of ambition'? It's too abstract for me.

I went to a wedding once and went home, missing the reception. That night I almost cried myself to sleep (can't cry properly because of high DHT).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

You have to find things to enjoy even if it means by yourself.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I lift frequently and eat a high protein, high carb (to build the muscle) diet with 5 or 6 servings of fruit or vegetable per day. I also try to add in goodies such as fish oil, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, cinammon, garlic, ginger, turmeric whenever I can. Also vitamin D3 supplements. I'm an above average lifter; people tell me that I lift heavy weights for my size. Dietary intervention has been useless for depression.

You can not get married and have children with hair loss. That's because you need a partner to get married and no serious long term person will accept you with hair loss. I've been trying for over 1 year and so many dates but gotten nowhere. Now I'm supposed to try cold approach. But who in the world gets married through cold approach?

No offense but you yourself visited a sex worker because of how desperate it became. Are you really saying that you'd be able to find a long term person, get them to go on a date with you, then get them into a relationship with you, then get them to marry you? I'm not being rude to you; I'm in exactly the same boat.

Also, for all of the reasons stated above, I can't go into excessive eating or alcoholism, so they're a no go. I actually feel saddest with alcohol so I definitely won't be doing that.

No offense taken, we don't know each other well an I can see how you'd interpret my post that way.

My seeing a sex worker has nothing to do with hair loss, I'm actually a very good responder to minoxidil/RU so my hair looks ~NW2ish, and separately from that, I had problems with the opposite sex from an early age. The truth is that the vast majority of this forum would still have significant problems if hair loss was cured for cheap and without side effects tomorrow, I'm just in the minority who admits it.

With respect to the first point I'm just speaking from direct empirical experience. I know lots, and lots, of bald or balding men my age who are in long-term relationships or have been in long-term relationships before. Several of the most desirable women that I know (who have both personality and looks) are in relationships with balding men. It's a roadblock to a relationship, not an insurmountable obstacle, though of course it sucks if you have multiple roadblocks. For example, if you're also a minority, poor, if you have poor grooming skills, or poor social skills, then your disadvantage will be exacerbated and amplified.

I just checked my FB friends list now.
  • The first bald guy I see has three kids and is in a relationship with an attractive woman, he also has tons of women who reply to his posts to tell him how great he is.
  • The second bald guy I see is alone, though he's in his 50s and has had many relationships before.
  • Then there's a NW3 guy married to a cute Asian chick.
  • 4th recently married an attractive blonde haired woman who works in medical research.
  • 5th is NW4.5, and married to a hot dance instructor who is ~10 years younger than him.
That's just the empirical reality, a ton of bald or balding guys do really well. It's an easy cope to blame one thing but the fact is that women look at the whole package.

As for your diet, it's not at all what I'd recommend in your context. I think that your diet would be the ideal diet for olympic athlete in training, or a very cut person with a clear head and good mood regulation who wanted to bulk up. It's not ideal for general mental well-being. I can elaborate on that but I'm not sure if you'd be receptive.

shookwun

Reaction score
Try wearing a piece. It's not for everyone largely speaking, but some people manage to make it work.

The only drawback I find is that men who cannot adopt the whole 'either you stop worrying, or stop wearing' attitude are at the biggest spike for disapproval upon wearing. Unfortunately I was like many in this category where despite looking good, I just couldn't get over the mental hurdle of being a man that wears artifcial hair. Not only that, but every women I have been with his always gotten aggressive, which involved hair pulling while having sex. Cannot wrap my mind around the fact that, it cannot be disguised and hidden from a potential partner, and even it did, performance anxiety became another underlying issue. Simply on the fact that I couldn't stop worrying around others in my social and romantic life.

It's a terrible paradox to be inbetwen. However, if you can get over the worrying aspect of wearing then a small percentage of men can wear a piece and live happily! From your thread, it seems like you are on your last straw and maybe hair itself, regardless of wearing could be enough of a driving factor to get you on the playing field again.

@WhitePolarBear approved

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
No offense taken, we don't know each other well an I can see how you'd interpret my post that way.

My seeing a sex worker has nothing to do with hair loss, I'm actually a very good responder to minoxidil/RU so my hair looks ~NW2ish, and separately from that, I had problems with the opposite sex from an early age. The truth is that the vast majority of this forum would still have significant problems if hair loss was cured for cheap and without side effects tomorrow, I'm just in the minority who admits it.

With respect to the first point I'm just speaking from direct empirical experience. I know lots, and lots, of bald or balding men my age who are in long-term relationships or have been in long-term relationships before. Several of the most desirable women that I know (who have both personality and looks) are in relationships with balding men. It's a roadblock to a relationship, not an insurmountable obstacle, though of course it sucks if you have multiple roadblocks. For example, if you're also a minority, poor, if you have poor grooming skills, or poor social skills, then your disadvantage will be exacerbated and amplified.

• The first bald guy I see has three kids and is in a relationship with an attractive woman, he also has tons of women who reply to his posts to tell him how great he is.
  • The second bald guy I see is alone, though he's in his 50s and has had many relationships before.
  • 4th recently married an attractive blonde haired woman who works in medical research.
  • 5th is NW4.5, and married to a hot dance instructor who is ~10 years younger than him.
That's just the empirical reality, a ton of bald or balding guys do really well. It's an easy cope to blame one thing but the fact is that women look at the whole package.

As for your diet, it's not at all what I'd recommend in your context. I think that your diet would be the ideal diet for olympic athlete in training, or a very cut person with a clear head and good mood regulation who wanted to bulk up. It's not ideal for general mental well-being. I can elaborate on that but I'm not sure if you'd be receptive.

Thanks for elaborating. Well, I don't have problems with the opposite sex. Well, I do but not in the way that one might expect. I asked a stranger out on a date and had no problem receiving a no. I attempted to kiss somebody on a date and had no problem getting a no. I boldly invited myself to somebody's place on more than one occasion and even managed to steal my way into the bedroom (only once in my life mind you). No lack of confidence and I know that I'm above average in fitness, intelligence, grooming, courage/confidence etc. But it all counts for nothing. NW6 and not very tall? You might as well end the date in the first 5 minutes if you want anything besides friendship.

For the people in your FB list. The first guy...did he get into the relationship while bald? It's not so difficult to maintain a relationship while going bald. That's where the old confidence can help. But to transition from single to relationship while bald seems to be impossible. I'd be interested to hear about it. The second guy is bald but in his 50s so I can't relate. NW3 and NW4.5 (what's NW4.5 anyway??) don't really count as fully bald for me, so I'd be interested in hearing about the 4th.

Yes it's a bulking/performance diet that I use to maintain or improve my lifts. What's the best mood regulation diet, then? I'm very interested in diet so I'd love to hear it.

Try wearing a piece. It's not for everyone largely speaking, but some people manage to make it work.

The only drawback I find is that men who cannot adopt the whole 'either you stop worrying, or stop wearing' attitude are at the biggest spike for disapproval upon wearing. Unfortunately I was like many in this category where despite looking good, I just couldn't get over the mental hurdle of being a man that wears artifcial hair. Not only that, but every women I have been with his always gotten aggressive, which involved hair pulling while having sex. Cannot wrap my mind around the fact that, it cannot be disguised and hidden from a potential partner, and even it did, performance anxiety became another underlying issue. Simply on the fact that I couldn't stop worrying around others in my social and romantic life.

It's a terrible paradox to be inbetwen. However, if you can get over the worrying aspect of wearing then a small percentage of men can wear a piece and live happily! From your thread, it seems like you are on your last straw and maybe hair itself, regardless of wearing could be enough of a driving factor to get you on the playing field again.

@WhitePolarBear approved

How would I transition into wearing a piece with colleagues etc.? Am I supposed to move jobs to pull it off?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

@Afro_Vacancy, I am really glad you are back posting. You definitely have become one of my favorite posters on here. I always learn from you and admire you so much.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by 'be progressive...not a person of ambition'? It's too abstract for me.

I went to a wedding once and went home, missing the reception. That night I almost cried myself to sleep (can't cry properly because of high DHT).

Not ambitious means not having any greedy milestone or expectations.

While progressive means accepting yourself at any level,still trying to improve from that earlier state by learning new things,by adding new and daring experiences to your life and trying to remove your drawbacks.

For e.g: greeting people with smile..and not being anxious in front of people.

I used to have hyperhidrosis of scalp and forehead..but I have overcome it by continues exposure to such surrounding and by making myself relax at any social situation.