How Did You Deal With The Depression?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
But on your list, there are NW5 men who did well but all the NW6 men did badly. I personally think that the biggest turn off, after a lack of hairline, must be the horseshoe outline from behind. A NW6 has to live with that and there's the result.

I can send you the pictures privately if you want. In this case the NW5 are better looking, it's a bit of an issue with small sample sizes.

What's your ethnicity, age, height, and weight?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But on your list, there are NW5 men who did well but all the NW6 men did badly. I personally think that the biggest turn off, after a lack of hairline, must be the horseshoe outline from behind. A NW6 has to live with that and there's the result.
norwood 5s lack a hairline, they only have a bit higher sides and slightly thicker mid parietal bridge compared to a norwood6

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I can send you the pictures privately if you want. In this case the NW5 are better looking, it's a bit of an issue with small sample sizes.

What's your ethnicity, age, height, and weight?

Yes I'd like to see the photos. I want to see how I compare to a NW5 slayer.

Age 27, south Asian, height: between 5'4" and 5'7", bodyweight between 150lb to 160lb. More or less a NW6 but I have diffused thinning and my natural hairline is a straight NW2.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I'd like to see the photos. I want to see how I compare to a NW5 slayer.

Age 27, south Asian, height: between 5'4" and 5'7", bodyweight between 150lb to 160lb. More or less a NW6 but I have diffused thinning and my natural hairline is a straight NW2.

How do your looks compare to Aziz Ansari?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aziz Ansari is a NW1. So, the correct answer is that my looks don't compare to his.

I'm pretty sure that he has a significant combover. His facial features are also problematic, specifically his eyes.

4853F7E900000578-0-image-a-17_1516594021034.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
in life we are fighting not to be alone

hair, resources, status, money & family

Its time to wear hair.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the data you provided is weak, and I'd really like to be proven wrong on this, but what you present just isn't convincing enough.

I don't believe raw data and numbers are the highest form of truth.

I don't regard Quora as a dubious source, the most highly-rated posts are often very insightful and written by experts on the matter.

And the members on RooshV may be half-blinded game worshipers, at least they document their experiences quite thoroughly.

I know claiming your sources are valid and the ones of your opponent are dubious is one of your favorite strategies to try to win a debate but that certainly doesn't work with me. At least I'm glad you didn't call my sources "crackpot sources" ;).

"Asian women (and I mean those of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese descent, not Filipinos or Tamils) are almost as socially desired in the rich countries as white women." is a bold claim, and to me, it directly contradicts common sense, all the testimonies I've read, everything I've observed around me, and my personal experiences.

I hope other members (if there are still any around with all those bans and departures) will chime in on this.

Favourite tactic of the left. Especially an issue when the public tertiary education system, media and public data monopolies generating sources typically first opted for on important issues are far or centre-left.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went further down my friends list to expand the sample size, I'm skipping over people who have good hair or who are too old to be relevant:

6th guy, NW3, married an attractive white woman, however he's relatively high-status
7th guy, NW3, long-term relationship with a white woman
8th guy, NW6, went bald young, probably a virgin, also overweight, short, ethnic, and has bad social skills.
9th guy, hairline receding but has an effective combover for now, in a relationship with an attractive white woman
10th guy, NW6, went bald young, plausibly an incel
11th guy, NW3, he's seeing someone now but I don't know a lot about her, he also tries extremely hard.
12th guy, receding and thinning NW2.5, long-term relationship with a white woman\
13th guy, receding and thinning NW2.5, long-term relationship with a white woman\
14th guy, NW5, recently married an attractive white woman
15th guy, NW5, married an attractive and brilliant white woman a few years ago, their second baby is recently born.

So overall it's a mixed record. I listed ten additional names here and I'm a bit too tired to go on. The most attractive woman on my list is also with a bald guy. The most recent engagement I read about on FB was of a bald guy that I knew from the mining industry.

There's certainly a correlation in the real world, but it's not as ironclad as people such as the OP think. However, I suspect that it's almost certainly the case that matters more in the age range 18-23.

For comparison, the first five guys with pristine or near-pristine hairlines

1) Married an attractive white woman of high social status a few years ago.
2) In a long-term relationship with a passable white woman of high social status for nearly fifteen years.
3) Single the last time I asked. He has other problems to deal with.
4) Married, divorced, now is with another good girl.
5) my brother in law, I'm biased, so pass.
6) Married a white woman several years ago.

Thank you for such a great post!

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
One of the top YouTube channels in India asked this question last weak:

"Will you date a bald guy"...it's a direct and more sensible question than usual question asked on western YouTube channel like "do women like bald men."

Answer was in one word:NO...replied by 7 girls with a laugh.

I liked the video for honesty of this girls.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Well, it has been over a month since I posted this and my depression has just gotten worse. I'm just going to post my thoughts because they need to go somewhere. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by people who have a partner. Every date that I go on goes wrong. No matter how well I connect with her, make her laugh etc. it doesn't go anywhere. It has been almost 30 first dates now. I went to an event related to a family engagement and was almost in tears when I got home. I'll never have that for myself and I even felt resentful at the event.

I'm doing well with my career, professional life etc. but I just don't care. All that I ever wanted was a chance to get married and have children. Moreover, it's becoming clear to me that there is no cure to my depression and that things will only get worse, not better, as I age. How do people in this position keep living? I can't understand it. I don't see many people in a position as bad as mine but they can't all be more tough than I am. What keeps them going? There doesn't seem to be any hope for the future or any chance of happiness.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i just watched a devastating video on youtube... it was about girls smashing their boyfriends playstations because the boyfriends spent all their time on it, than with their girlfriends. these guys had been bumming around while the girl worked and paid all the bills, and a lot of the girls were beautiful too. of course all these guys were NW1 - not a balding man in sight. It proves to be that no matter what a girl says about looks and personality, they will go for the good looking guy 100% - even if the good looking guy ain't sh*t and just plays xbox all day.

meanwhile us bald guys; I'd never slob around all day and talk to my girlfriend like crap, and I have a career, but because I'm not a NW1 i wouldn't get a second look from any of those girls on the video.

when I had hair my parents would joke around with me about when I was going to find a girlfriend and have kids. but funnily enough, now I am NW4/NW5 they never ask me that question anymore (they know why)
Basically I am saving my money for a hair transplant. what Norwood are you ?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it has been over a month since I posted this and my depression has just gotten worse. I'm just going to post my thoughts because they need to go somewhere. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by people who have a partner. Every date that I go on goes wrong. No matter how well I connect with her, make her laugh etc. it doesn't go anywhere. It has been almost 30 first dates now. I went to an event related to a family engagement and was almost in tears when I got home. I'll never have that for myself and I even felt resentful at the event.

I'm doing well with my career, professional life etc. but I just don't care. All that I ever wanted was a chance to get married and have children. Moreover, it's becoming clear to me that there is no cure to my depression and that things will only get worse, not better, as I age. How do people in this position keep living? I can't understand it. I don't see many people in a position as bad as mine but they can't all be more tough than I am. What keeps them going? There doesn't seem to be any hope for the future or any chance of happiness.
Take 6 months out of dating.

Whats your hair situation?

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cigarettes, food, video games, and I started smoking spliffs again. Probably not the best cope. The biggest thing though is probably just being too chicken to actually go through with it, as least it is for me.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Take 6 months out of dating.

Whats your hair situation?

Taking 6 months out is probably the worst thing that I can do. I'm already at the age where I've effectively missed the boat. Age 27. If I get to age 28, it really will be game over. Add that to the fact that, in person, I only seem to have a chance with younger women (22-24) and you see what a terrible situation I'm in. I've been trying for 1.5 years, since I was age 25. But back then I didn't know how to take a good photo and thus went months without any dates. Now I get dates using photos that are zoomed out sufficiently or taken in appropriate lighting. Now at age 27, it's tough to even get a date with a 24 year old. It's either give up for life or keep trying.

I'm a diffuse NW6.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...d-candidate-for-hair-transplant.103805/page-2

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking 6 months out is probably the worst thing that I can do. I'm already at the age where I've effectively missed the boat. Age 27. If I get to age 28, it really will be game over. Add that to the fact that, in person, I only seem to have a chance with younger women (22-24) and you see what a terrible situation I'm in. I've been trying for 1.5 years, since I was age 25. But back then I didn't know how to take a good photo and thus went months without any dates. Now I get dates using photos that are zoomed out sufficiently or taken in appropriate lighting. Now at age 27, it's tough to even get a date with a 24 year old. It's either give up for life or keep trying.

I'm a diffuse NW6.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...d-candidate-for-hair-transplant.103805/page-2
You have no idea.

I didn't sleep with the best looking women in my life until 29/30.

If you look after yourself then your 30s will usually be your best years in terms of looks.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
You have no idea.

I didn't sleep with the best looking women in my life until 29/30.

If you look after yourself then your 30s will usually be your best years in terms of looks.

But aren't you a NW3? I'm a NW6 and the minoxidil won't work forever. So no it's going to go downhill from here. Each day is worse than the last.

shookwun

Reaction score
cultivated a life worth living, and gave my daily commute more meaning aside from work

Low self-esteem from baldness can contribute, but there are many other factors that create depression.

a lot of people face depression related to there loneliness, and think an SSRI will fix this. Most are withdrawn and as a result become isolated and lonely as result..... Making them sad. sorry snow flakes, SSRI does nothing for baldness related depression and loneliness.

hair piece
transplants
and being social fix this

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
But aren't you a NW3? I'm a NW6 and the minoxidil won't work forever. So no it's going to go downhill from here. Each day is worse than the last.
Yes, you're screwed until you fix it with a transplant.