How Can You Be Confident As A Young, Balding, Short Guy?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Women can change on a dime on these issues, it's annoying. They'll say one thing one minute, say the opposite ten minutes later, and in both cases be completely genuine in what they're saying.

A friend of mine, I like her personally but it's hard to discuss somethings with her. For all of her past boyfriends the first thing that she says about them is their height. There was a 5'9 guy that she first described as "that guy that she experimented not being shallow with, and it didn't work out." Later on, she got enraged at me when I told her that she valued looks, she said that she cares about is good conversation. She denied the implications of her own words, and was mad at me for pretending to understand her.

Another woman I know has told me that personality is the only thing that matters, she has said this many times. I like her personally, we've been friends for twelve years and I've seen her with many guys ... she only ever goes for thin white men with dark hair, and by white that doesn't include pale nor Southern European. She has many beliefs. She says that among the people she knows, there is no correlation between looks and relationship success, it's all about personality. She says that she knows ugly guys who do great in online dating, and handsome guys who do awful. She's basically a religious theologian on the issue.

Your strong desire to understand is what's killing you. There's less than meets the eye.

blackg

Reaction score
lol yes. Just see how confidence worked for this bloke (it didn't):

View attachment 81250
f*****g bullshit! As if a girl sitting on her own at a buss stop would reply to a stranger "Are you a rapist or something?"

You guys are too quick to swallow these fantasies of the self flagellating male.

Last edited:

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Im not ugly and right now im nw1.5 with diffuse early stages and yet to go on finasteride yet. I did end up getting to 5'6 atleast which is much better than where I was near end of hs. I dont think its time for me to enjoy the new found liberation yet but in a few years if things get worse than I guess you are right.

Then I recommend that you swallow your pride, gain whatever confidence you need (you don't need any!) and go dating as much as you can right now. Find a partner and trap him/her down in a relationship. It's much easier to maintain a relationship when you're approaching NW6 than to be single and get into a relationship. Heed my words because I wish that I had done the same. Now I'm really in ldar mode.

lol yes. Just see how confidence worked for this bloke (it didn't):

View attachment 81250

Holy ****. That's what awaits me when I finally give up on online. The sad thing is that it's relatively easy for me to get and set up dates when I use photos taken in particular lighting. But, in person, there's nowhere to hide. I do think, however, that his rejections would have felt less harsh if he had used direct game rather than indirect. The outcome would not have been different but when you go direct, you can charm her so that she won't reject you as harshly.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then I recommend that you swallow your pride, gain whatever confidence you need (you don't need any!) and go dating as much as you can right now. Find a partner and trap him/her down in a relationship. It's much easier to maintain a relationship when you're approaching NW6 than to be single and get into a relationship. Heed my words because I wish that I had done the same. Now I'm really in ldar mode.

LOL, yeah thats what I got to do. Get on finasteride right now while trying to get someone and then get off of it after trapping them and become a NW7 in months. How old are you btw?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
LOL, yeah thats what I got to do. Get on finasteride right now while trying to get someone and then get off of it after trapping them and become a NW7 in months. How old are you btw?

I'm not joking. That's the only chance you have if you're heading to NW5 or beyond (unless treatments or hair transplants save you). Dedicate yourself to that goal. Seriously.

I'm 27. Trying to find somebody since age 25. I should have started age 22 before my crown loss got too bad. But I believed all of the nonsense on the internet. "Confidence, not hair, is important". "Bald men can be more attractive and will have no trouble." I'm telling you that all of that is false. Your hair matters more than anything, especially to somebody who wants something serious or long term. You will feel more disappointment than you've ever felt before if you aren't able to do what I suggested.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not joking. That's the only chance you have if you're heading to NW5 or beyond (unless treatments or hair transplants save you). Dedicate yourself to that goal. Seriously.

I'm 27. Trying to find somebody since age 25. I should have started age 22 before my crown loss got too bad. But I believed all of the nonsense on the internet. "Confidence, not hair, is important". "Bald men can be more attractive and will have no trouble." I'm telling you that all of that is false. Your hair matters more than anything, especially to somebody who wants something serious or long term. You will feel more disappointment than you've ever felt before if you aren't able to do what I suggested.

Fuk man ur right. The sad thing is, I already have those regrets of turning down opportunities before in hs and stuff before when things like height,hairloss and status even crossed my mind.At that time I thought the opportunities would always be there but now its much harder.If I put it off for a few more years ill regret not trying now when I basically have no visible hairloss to 99% of the population.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g bullshit! As if a girl sitting on her own at a buss stop would reply to a stranger "Are you a rapist or something?"

You guys are too quick to swallow these fantasies of the self flagellating male.
This is the exact type of thing someone privileged with good looks & height would say. You underestimate how physically undesirable some men can be. I'm talking about legitimate 1/10s, not these acute BDD cases on lookism.net who slash their wrists because some stranger on the internet rated them a 6/10.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the exact type of thing someone privileged with good looks & height would say. You underestimate how physically undesirable some men can be. I'm talking about legitimate 1/10s, not these acute BDD cases on lookism.net who slash their wrists because some stranger on the internet rated them a 6/10.
No one is going to straight up say that to a stranger, particularly a female to a male. It doesn't resolve the awkward situation because it's liable to anger the guy and this then puts the girl in more danger. No doubt they think this about unattractive dudes though

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about hair replacement systems? I saw spectacular pics on Instagram.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive and you probably will need to go to special salons every 3-4 weeks to reattach this thing.

But I do believe this could be a real solution for young guys (< 30 y/o).

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about hair replacement systems? I saw spectacular pics on Instagram.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive and you probably will need to go to special salons every 3-4 weeks to reattach this thing.

But I do believe this could be a real solution for young guys (< 30 y/o).
It won't change you from the inside. You'd still be the same mentally.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Confidence, for me at least, is knowing that you bring something to the table.

When you go into a conversation knowing that you can make it interesting; when you go into work knowing that you add value; when you have true faith that you are good at whatever it is that you do - that is when you begin to feel confident.

Also, if you don't know what value you offer as a man - FIND IT.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Confidence, for me at least, is knowing that you bring something to the table.

When you go into a conversation knowing that you can make it interesting; when you go into work knowing that you add value; when you have true faith that you are good at whatever it is that you do - that is when you begin to feel confident.
Spot-f*****g-on

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, I wish you closed that sentence after the word 'experience' though.

People usually don't want to truly think things through and can become very aggressive if you dare to point out their inconsistencies and delusions, even when they're painfully obvious.

My girlfriend tends to be honest about things, but even she admits that she feels uncomfortable discussing the fact that she likes tall men, especially since she works in a male-dominated environment and she knows that the manlets in the office might take offence.

"What do women like in men?" Once you ask that question, you know the answer is going to contain a lot of social taboos that most people just don't want to think about.

Women will pick the best man around them in as many areas as possible that she feels attracted to: tall, good-looking, high-status, smart, charming, self-assured, muscular, etc.. They'll be ruthless when it comes to picking a mate, so ruthless that it could mean that no man in their immediate environment could even meet their standards.

The top 20% of men wipe the floor while the rest get the scraps, if they're lucky.

It was a joke which people took the wrong way, I should have added a smiley.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
same here basically fatties, and they get real offended if i turn them down (how dare you, a bald man turn me down)