How Can I Get Over Being Short??????

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is a hair loss forum but there's a lot of guys on here who usually offer good advice.

My question is - how can i get over being short?
I'm only 5ft7 on a good day.
It sucks. I hate being shorter than women. I'm 23. I thought i'd be over it by now but it still irritates me. I don't want to get height surgery (can't afford it). How can i get over it?

( to make matters worse my hair is obviously receeding too)

and please don;t' say "there's shorter guys than you etc"
this never maeks me feel better

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
iuf3skz-jpg.jpg

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about shorter girls? I would think a woman who is 5'2" would see you as a "good fit." Do you resent attention from shorter women because they notice and like your stature? Or do you feel other guys don't respect you as much because they look more "manly"?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just do this!

HpsPh1c.png

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're potential dating pool is much smaller than it would be if you were taller, but not necessarily much uglier. One of my friends is 5'7ish (im 5'9 and he's a good bit shorter). He has managed to get a looksmatched gf (7/10) despite the fact that the vast majority of 7/10 girls wouldn't be attracted to him at all.

Yes it sucks to be short for many reasons, there's no way of getting over it, you just must accept it and move on knowing that youre not completely fucked

Also the internet over exaggerates the importance of height.

Or you could come to South America and you'll be average height.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing you can do is compensate. Good looking, 6'2" tall, full heads get away with anything, being dumb, a prick, etc.. So, you've got to distinguish yourself with, intellect, money, accomplishment, physique and at least probably a hair transplant if being bald. Fucked up world but that's the way it works.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose it isn't going to make anyone more sympathetic towards my insecurity about my size if I said that I long ago considered lying about my height on dating sites, saying I was six feet tall instead of 6'3".

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
In highschool there was a couple, he 6'4", she 4'11". A strange sight to see. However, they were never the subject of gossip or ridicule. Different vibe to school life back then. Really short (cute) girls are quite stimulating.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Because I don't like being seen as a big bald guy and I wanted to weed out girls who wanted someone like that. I hate being stereotyped based on my size plus baldness and can't think of any big bald guys that look good that I'd want to be compared to.

I wouldn't lie about it now. However, I have not dated in about a decade and have never had a girlfriend because of this. Eventually, if I lose weight, I will date because it gets pretty lonely, but I am still wrestling somewhat (not as much as before) with how to like how I look.

Since someone asked before if I had a pic, I'm posting one. This is me with Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

me and the mayor.jpg

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Once i was called 'Tall' by a girl who was my close friend.She used to spend time outside with me like she was my wife.
She was dreaming to marry me.
But i used to like other girl who didn't have single feeling for me.My bad choice .
Later that girl married one Ayurveda Doctor who is 6 feet 1 inch tall.He also earns good.He is NW0 too.
She was good looking btw.
She is 5 feet 1.I am 5'5 with shoes.

Most number of below 30 guys here fall in two levels:
5 feet 7/8 and 5 feet 10/11.(70 to 80% guys are in this segments).

I was super blue pilled that time.
I was over confident too.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being short as a man is the death knell in most cases. Although, getting small n athletically lean and taking care of business grooming, coupled with a youthful looking face can really do a lot of favors for short guys. But without the face n hair, things get tough. We need pics to see what you've got going on. If you're "slickbald" status, then you're in peril.

HankPentagon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is a hair loss forum but there's a lot of guys on here who usually offer good advice.

My question is - how can i get over being short?
I'm only 5ft7 on a good day.
It sucks. I hate being shorter than women. I'm 23. I thought i'd be over it by now but it still irritates me. I don't want to get height surgery (can't afford it). How can i get over it?

( to make matters worse my hair is obviously receeding too)

and please don;t' say "there's shorter guys than you etc"
this never maeks me feel better

You do what you are already doing

Talk it out with people you trust

Maximize your opportunities

Outsmart what you can

Accept whatever part of it you are eventually able to

Let the anger propel you into creative solutions

shookwun

Reaction score
Being short sucks, but you will have to find ways to stop focusing on what you have no control over.

Sylverstone stallone inspired shoe lifts for starters