HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

here is what we could expect from side effects. The only annoying one I have to say is the fact it increases prolactin serum.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

here is what we could expect from side effects. The only annoying one I have to say is the fact it increases prolactin serum.
Del is a trash antibody and LFA isn't a while lot better. Neither one mimics the PRLR knockout phenotype in mice, only HMI-115 does. LFA greatly increases serum prolactin, but for some reason HMI does not. At least not at the doses tested. Perhaps it doesn't cross the bbb while LFA does?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If less prolactin is bound in PRLRs it makes sense it could cascade into more serum Prolactin tho? (like 5ARIs and Testosterone)

In any case I imagine its negligible enough to not matter

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More serum prolactin will make you less horny.

Glad to see we're full circle again.

I don't care tho. Will probably use p5p or caber in that case

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't serum prolactin irrelevant if there are no prolactin receptors to bind to?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't serum prolactin irrelevant if there are no prolactin receptors to bind to?

Prolactin isn’t a trash hormone, that might even be worse scenario

As I have said before, the side effect profile in men will be really interesting to see, they really need to be make it topical or reduce the profile to HF receptors

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not quite. UT has mechanisms independent of PRLR. Also it can affect the brain if the drug doesn't cross the bbb. HMI-115 is not shown to increase serum prolactin significantly so I don't know why it's being discussed.
Prolactin isn’t a trash hormone, that might even be worse scenario

As I have said before, the side effect profile in men will be really interesting to see, they really need to be make it topical or reduce the profile to HF receptors
All I can say is I'm glad you're not in charge of the FDA. We wouldn't have any approved drugs. You can Google anything and find a reason to be afraid of it. In reality every expert is not concerned about blocking every prolactin receptor.

There is zero chance that HMI-115 will ever be a topical treatment. It might not even work as a topical treatment. Macrophages carry their own prolactin receptors and modulate the HF. If HMI works through modulating the hair cycle altering activity of macrophages then topical HMI wouldn't work

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, the important hormones including prolactin are produced inside hair pilosebaceous unit, ..., then altering its levels in blood is worst than best and you dont regain hair loss.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The wait is slowly killing me inside, only solution to buy time for HMI results is hair transplant or join pegasus rat lab, but im going with the first one because at least it is a guaranteed result

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is this info from? Deaths from what?