HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So much agree on this. The real value of HMI115 is proving that attacking the PRLR is an effective way of dealing with Androgenetic Alopecia, setting new basis for further research.

The fact that we are in this forum creates a biased illussion that all the balding guys out there are desperate, but this forum only represents a ridiculous amount of people willing to put experimental drugs in their bodies without due controls or spend obscene amounts in a treatment to get their hair back. Most bald men do not give a f*** about their condition and will not even think about a solution if it involves spending $10k/year.

The market is huge, but only if the results are proven and the treatment is affordable (which does not mean cheap).
First they have to develop it and do preclinical testing. 10 years is optimistic. By the time another treatment was on the market HMI's patent would be close to expiration. At that time there will be some company out there selling generic mAbs at a deep discount.

RoryGall29

My Regimen
Reaction score
First they have to develop it and do preclinical testing. 10 years is optimistic. By the time another treatment was on the market HMI's patent would be close to expiration. At that time there will be some company out there selling generic mAbs at a deep discount.
10 years is optimistic even for HMI...

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, title was amazing and i was really hopefully. Just to find out, that it is not affordable
not sure about that, its the cost of a normal average car for fixing your hairloss presuambly forever, I think many people will find it affordable because they can finance it and pay back loan like 80-150eur/month like you would do on your car

if its like 100% chance to solve baldness level effective with negligible sides most people would do it imo. People constantly mortgage themselves in way more useless things. Also high quality hair transplants dont solve the root problem and look unnatural and aren't that much cheaper.

Last edited:

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure about that, its the cost of a normal average car for fixing your hairloss presuambly forever, I think many people will find it affordable because they can finance it and pay back loan like 80-150eur/month like you would do on your car

if its like 100% chance to solve baldness level effective with negligible sides most people would do it imo. People constantly mortgage themselves in way more useless things. Also high quality hair transplants dont solve the root problem and look unnatural and aren't that much cheaper.
If we are talking about a 20k car i would be happy. By the looks of it, we have three more years to wait - why cant we have it by the end of the year

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Where can you get an 80k dollar car for 80-150 a month? People need a car to get to work. I don't think too many wives are going to let their husbands get hair instead of a car

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can you get an 80k dollar car for 80-150 a month? People need a car to get to work. I don't think too many wives are going to let their husbands get hair instead of a car
isn't the expected price for AA treatment $40k every 4 years? (so something like $10k/yr avg), similar to a mid class car mortgage

its a cosmetic treatment, I highly doubt it will cost as much as Endometriosis, otherwise no1 will buy it

PS: those "wives" want an insecure baldcel so they can f*** real chad while he mantains kids

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
isn't the expected price for AA treatment $40k every 4 years? (so something like $10k/yr avg), similar to a mid class car mortgage

its a cosmetic treatment, I highly doubt it will cost as much as Endometriosis, otherwise no1 will buy it

PS: those "wives" want an insecure baldcel so they can f*** real chad while he mantains kids
Who knows. It's likely to be at least 40k a year. This is unprecedented. There has never been an mAb that wasn't covered by insurance. How do you say to insurance that we are going to charge you 100k for this, but we're going to sell it to bald men for 20k?

I don't buy into the idea that it's only needed once every four years unless you are on an anti-androgen in the meantime, or your happy with your hair only being half the quality.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well with that price all we can do is treatments until regrow into terminal full hair and then mantain it with dutasteride I guess. Manteinence nowdays is not a problem but returning minituarized hairs to full terminal with aggressive balding is almost impossible atm, that's where im stuck

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I understand the mechanism wrong? If we get full regrowth after one injection and the balding progress is steady, why would we lose all the hair in one year?
Example: A person starts balding with 20 (NW1) and has NW2 with 25, gets injected with HMI and has the NW1 again, so he would have NW2 at 30 again and not at 26?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't want to be broke probably, but technically it's not needed, just a way to make it more affordable elongating its duration.

HMI seems like strong enough on itself for curing most cases of hairloss if you could constantly apply it nonstop and cost wasn't a problem

RoryGall29

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't want to be broke probably, but technically it's not needed, just a way to make it more affordable elongating its duration.

HMI seems like strong enough on itself for curing most cases of hairloss if you could constantly apply it nonstop and cost wasn't a problem
How often?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1x full treatments every 2-4years seems somewhat reasonable from what we have seen. But maybe if you could do even more often it would yield better, hard to know.

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score

Who knows if by the time this is approved , we could see a traditional non mAB formulation targeting the PRLR . It’s nice that we got a mAB because nothing will have better specificity